Goodyear Shoes??

TIREMAN

Spectator
Has anyone seen or tried these goodyear shoes? They seem pretty freakin sick. And a friend of mine told me they are working with a big nascar team.

Has anyone seen or tried these goodyear shoes? They seem pretty freakin sick. And a friend of mine told me they are working with a big nascar team.

I like the concept, but haven't tried them. Of course, I'm anti-Goodyear. I won't put their tires on any of my vehicles. The difference between a Goodyear and a Pirelli is like the difference between a Volvo and a Cadillac.

Reactions: sdj
Welcome, although having a name like 'Tireman' and a first post about Goodyear smells a bit like burned rubber. I don't mean in a good 'victory burn out' sort of way; more like a wheel jammed up under the fender and not rotating as it drags the track.

Welcome, although having a name like 'Tireman' and a first post about Goodyear smells a bit like burned rubber. I don't mean in a good 'victory burn out' sort of way; more like a wheel jammed up under the fender and not rotating as it drags the track.

Yeah, if your sole purpose of joining a forum is to advertise something, wouldn't you think to choose a username without any connection to the topic of your one and only post?

I like the concept, but haven't tried them. Of course, I'm anti-Goodyear. I won't put their tires on any of my vehicles. The difference between a Goodyear and a Pirelli is like the difference between a Volvo and a Cadillac.
We can agree on this. Every goodyear I have ever had cups out and are noisy, the Michelin's I use do not.

And a friend of mine told me they are working with a big nascar team.
It's not 23XI. That team is working with NASCAR on a exemption to run Nike tires. That's expected to pass; the real problem is getting them here from the Vietnamese sweat shops.

We can agree on this. Every goodyear I have ever had cups out and are noisy, the Michelin's I use do not.
My new truck came with Badyears. I just hope they last long enough for me to save up for a set of BFG's or Michelins. To add to the pain, I no longer have either source I used to have for cheap tires.

Disclaimer - I couldn't tell you what tires came on either of our vehicles. When it's time to replace them, I'll most likely go with whatever Wally has on sale / cheapest. Some of you may be able to tell the difference but my unsophisticated butt can't.

It's not 23XI. That team is working with NASCAR on a exemption to run Nike tires. That's expected to pass; the real problem is getting them here from the Vietnamese sweat shops.
Correct, the 23 tennis shoe team is in testing at the present time

1699045806731.png

Disclaimer - I couldn't tell you what tires came on either of our vehicles. When it's time to replace them, I'll most likely go with whatever Wally has on sale / cheapest. Some of you may be able to tell the difference but my unsophisticated butt can't.
I don't notice ride as much as some, but I do notice noise, tire wear and wet weather traction.

If you ever get a set of Goodyear Ranglers, your butt will be able to tell the difference in no time at all, trust me.

Get any good old Achilles Tires? The tire named after a guy famous for dying from a puncture wound?

Racing tires and Goodyear tire performance will improve exponentially as the diversity increases in motorsports over the next few years.

As more wimmins get involved with carreers in racing more of the current missing data will become available to fill in the knowledge gaps. Compounds will be developed that will actually work with wet track conditions and the heat cycles. It will be especially be helpful at developing better contact patches that will get traction and avoiding hydroplaning etc.

In the end it will result in a better bang for the buck that produces great racing and a great ride for the common customer

Racing tires and Goodyear tire performance will improve exponentially as the diversity increases in motorsports over the next few years.

As more wimmins get involved with carreers in racing more of the current missing data will become available to fill in the knowledge gaps. Compounds will be developed that will actually work with wet track conditions and the heat cycles. It will be especially be helpful at developing better contact patches that will get traction and avoiding hydroplaning etc.

In the end it will result in a better bang for the buck that produces great racing and a great ride for the common customer
ed67a0bd5142a06f916ba2f28b585e62.jpg

Attachments

• ed67a0bd5142a06f916ba2f28b585e62.jpg
    ed67a0bd5142a06f916ba2f28b585e62.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 38
Pirelli is owned by ChemChina now, who is a CCP owned company just FYI.

If you ever get a set of Goodyear Ranglers, your butt will be able to tell the difference in no time at all, trust me.
Those are the big knobby ones? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be buying a tire like that regardless of whether they were the cheapest thing at Walmart (and they won't be, assuming Wally even carries them). I don't drive in a way that requires those, and likely never will.

So is the price tag haha

The workhorse ones are quiet and drive nice. Firestone Destination’s are similar but have a higher price tag

Those are the big knobby ones? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be buying a tire like that regardless of whether they were the cheapest thing at Walmart (and they won't be, assuming Wally even carries them). I don't drive in a way that requires those, and likely never will.

No, regular street tread. Had thm on 3 New Ford Explorers and a New Chev Tahoe over the years. At 10K they were history. Noisy as hell and cup out.

Back
Top Bottom