Gordon could run allstar race

He was in the same situation in February with the Unlimited and he declined.

As much as I wish it would happen, I honestly believe we've seen the last of Jeff behind the wheel. However, if he ever does strap in one more time somewhere my ticket will be purchased and gas tank will be filled and ready to go.

I could dig it, hell just get him another car for the race. Does the 4 car limit rule count for this race? SOMEONE GIVE JEFF A CAR! do it.. DO IT NOW.

As much as I wish it would happen, I honestly believe we've seen the last of Jeff behind the wheel. However, if he ever does strap in one more time somewhere my ticket will be purchased and gas tank will be filled and ready to go.
Respect your fandom. If NASCAR wants eyeballs on the tv's tho....

I'm hoping he decides to pull a Harry Gant and run some races in the Truck series at some point.

Ahh, this is what dreams are made of, and thats all it is, a dream, Gordon said he was done, and I dont think he will be pulling a Mark Martin .

I can't see a scenario where Jeff ever enters another Nascar sanctioned event as he seems like a guy who is at peace with his decision to hang it up. There are cases where someone can come back from a layoff and perform well but normally they just embarrass themselves. For every person who goes out like Rusty Wallace or Jeff Gordon you have the Labonte brothers, Bill Elliott, DW, DJ, Richard Petty and Tony Stewart who stick around to long and go out as shadows of their former selves.

I can't see a scenario where Jeff ever enters another Nascar sanctioned event as he seems like a guy who is at peace with his decision to hang it up. There are cases where someone can come back from a layoff and perform well but normally they just embarrass themselves. For every person who goes out like Rusty Wallace or Jeff Gordon you have the Labonte brothers, Bill Elliott, DW, DJ, Richard Petty and Tony Stewart who stick around to long and go out as shadows of their former selves.
Exactly right. So many have wound up tarnishing their legacy with a stench that lasts a long time, by hanging on too long.

Gordon isn't coming back to Cup, so I'm not worried about him coming back and embarrassing himself or tarnishing his legacy or whatever. Not gonna happen. If he decides to race a half dozen Truck races at some point, I think that would be awesome and we all know he wouldn't do it if there were any doubts about his ability to be competitive.

Has Gordon expressed any interest whatsoever in running one of these events? The guy is probably 'life eligible' for events of this kind. Maybe they can simply regurgitate this story each year leading up to the All Star event. Saves from doing some real reporting on rumors and the like. ;)

Back
Top Bottom