Gordon may be out of a ride?

T

Tommy29

Its on the nascar.com site it says Burton may be in the 31 and Gordon is out you need track pass to hear what its about but if its on nascar.com there has to be some validity to it.

I call :bslfag:

This is the same reporter that said that Sauter would be out of the #30 last week, and that was said to be false. Also, Childress is out of town in Alaska, and Childress wont pull a move while on vacation. Third, Childress and Robby have a lot of ventures together (Busch, Indy, Off-Road, etc.). Fourth, Burton left Childress high and dry when Childress had the #30 ride open for him but Burton stayed at the #99 with no sponsorship, in which Childress had to buy out Sauter's previous Busch deal to put him in the #30 at the last minute.

Finally:

Robby Gordon > Jeff Burton

OK, thats enough. :lol:

I don't see Robby Gordon as worthy to shine Jeff Burton's shoes.

This is from a site that can compare any two drivers who ever appeared in at least one race together. In their parlence, a "win" means finishing higher than the other driver. I think it speaks for itself.

Driver vs. Driver
Get statistics for any two drivers, in Nextel Cup races where they appeared together.
Type all or part of a driver's name in the boxes below, and click on the button to see the results.

Driver #1: Driver #2:

Total races: 138

First race: 1994 Miller Genuine Draft 400 (1994-14)
Last race: 2004 Samsung / Radio Shack 500 (2004-07)

Jeff Burton Robby Gordon
Head-to-Head
93 wins 45 wins
Actual Race Stats
Top 5's
29 10
Top 10's
55 22
Avg. Finish
15.7 24.2

I dont think that comparison is valid, EMP. Robby has never raced a full time schedule until 2002, so a more valid comparison would be a head-to-head between 2002 and now. Id be willing to bet that both are very very close.

Think what you like.

The numbers show how they did against one another. If you wish to limit it to the time frame since Robby won a race that's your business. But know that it would then be equally fair to limit it to the years when Jeff was a top 5 driver. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Read the post lappy. A win in this comparison is finishing higher than the other driver being compared. Jeff finished higher than Robby in 93 out of 138 races they both appeared in.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 10:25 PM
Think what you like.

The numbers show how they did against one another. If you wish to limit it to the time frame since Robby won a race that's your business. But know that it would then be equally fair to limit it to the years when Jeff was a top 5 driver. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
No, Im limiting it to the seasons in which both drivers competed full time in the series. That is the fair way to go about things.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan+Apr 13 2004, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobbyG Fan @ Apr 13 2004, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 10:25 PM
Think what you like.

The numbers show how they did against one another.&nbsp; If you wish to limit it to the time frame since Robby won a race that's your business.&nbsp; But know that it would then be equally fair to limit it to the years when Jeff was a top 5 driver.&nbsp; Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
No, Im limiting it to the seasons in which both drivers competed full time in the series. That is the fair way to go about things. [/b][/quote]
:cheers:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 07:25 PM
Think what you like.

Man, you can call me anything but a Robby Gordon fan..........that is just something I am not. But, you are comparing Robby's record of only about a 4 year full time driver on a well financed team against a full time driver for several more years on a well financed team. Robby was in and out of stockcars a couple times.......and until he got in a RCR car, was in somewhat lesser capable equipment. I have to agree with RobbyG fan......your comparison is not really valid.

First, it isn't my comparison. It is racingreference.com's comparison. If someone wants to sit down and total up the results for each driver's best 4 years or whatever, be my guest.

Second, as stated before, think what you like. I most certainly do. I know which driver has ever been a legitimate threat to win a championship in Cup racing. I know which driver has won more than road courses and New Hampshire, coincidentally Jeff won at NH and led every lap in doing so, which to me is far more impressive than simply playing bumper tag on the last lap to win there. But I guess that's just me.

Carry on with your discussion, I'll take my facts elsewhere. Wouldn't want them to get in the way of a good RCR Lovefest.

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 10:53 PM
First, it isn't my comparison. It is racingreference.com's comparison. If someone wants to sit down and total up the results for each driver's best 4 years or whatever, be my guest.

Second, as stated before, think what you like. I most certainly do. I know which driver has ever been a legitimate threat to win a championship in Cup racing. I know which driver has won more than road courses and New Hampshire, coincidentally Jeff won at NH and led every lap in doing so, which to me is far more impressive than simply playing bumper tag on the last lap to win there. But I guess that's just me.

Carry on with your discussion, I'll take my facts elsewhere. Wouldn't want them to get in the way of a good RCR Lovefest.
:yawner:

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 10:53 PM

Fact: Robby Gordon has won 3 races to Jeff Burton's 0 races won in the past 3 years.

Fact: Year by year Jeff Burton has tailed off in his top 10's scored per year, while Robby has scored improved the number of top 10's he has gotten year after year.

Fact: Roush Racing as a whole have been more and more competitive year after year, while RCR as a whole have been hit and miss.

Looking at the facts, it could be said that Jeff Burton "has lost his steam" while Robby is just picking it up as he gains more experience.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan+Apr 13 2004, 10:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobbyG Fan @ Apr 13 2004, 10:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum@Apr 13 2004, 10:53 PM

Second, as stated before, think what you like.&nbsp; I most certainly do.&nbsp; I know which driver has ever been a legitimate threat to win a championship in Cup racing.&nbsp; I know which driver has won more than road courses and New Hampshire, coincidentally Jeff won at NH and led every lap in doing so, which to me is far more impressive than simply playing bumper tag on the last lap to win there.&nbsp; But I guess that's just me.

Carry on with your discussion, I'll take my facts elsewhere.&nbsp; Wouldn't want them to get in the way of a good RCR Lovefest.
Fact: Robby Gordon has won 3 races to Jeff Burton's 0 races won in the past 3 years.

Fact: Year by year Jeff Burton has tailed off in his top 10's scored per year, while Robby has scored improved the number of top 10's he has gotten year after year.

Fact: Roush Racing as a whole have been more and more competitive year after year, while RCR as a whole have been hit and miss.

Looking at the facts, it could be said that Jeff Burton "has lost his steam" while Robby is just picking it up as he gains more experience. [/b][/quote]
:cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :salute:

All this bickering is unneccessary as the actual broadcast was clearly speculative. Listen to it....get a good laugh.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever+Apr 13 2004, 11:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lap3Forever @ Apr 13 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -RobbyG Fan@Apr 13 2004, 10:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--EatMorePossum
@Apr 13 2004, 10:53 PM

Second, as stated before, think what you like.  I most certainly do.  I know which driver has ever been a legitimate threat to win a championship in Cup racing.  I know which driver has won more than road courses and New Hampshire, coincidentally Jeff won at NH and led every lap in doing so, which to me is far more impressive than simply playing bumper tag on the last lap to win there.  But I guess that's just me.

Carry on with your discussion, I'll take my facts elsewhere.  Wouldn't want them to get in the way of a good RCR Lovefest.

Looking at the facts, it could be said that Jeff Burton "has lost his steam" while Robby is just picking it up as he gains more experience.
:cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :salute: [/b][/quote]
:bows:

:lol:

Its been a while since I had to defend my favorite driver, Im having fun with this... :lol:

Came back to visit. B) Same crap as always. Chevy fans finding ways to put Ford fans down, or Vise versa. :wacko: Robby Gordon is a spoled brat. That is a fact, be that he drives for any car owner. Jack is getting a brake. So what. Can anyone say that crooked Rick, Or Richard Chidish was never treated partial? Tides turn , and so do fans. While this argument between Chevy, and Ford goes on Ray E. Is gonna make a real name for himself with Dodge. Get over it people. Nascar is gonna dictate what, and what brand wins. I still love the sport. I may cry today, But you may cry the next.. Isn't that what make a good story? B)

Originally posted by Tommy29@Apr 13 2004, 09:05 PM
Its on the nascar.com site it says Burton may be in the 31 and Gordon is out you need track pass to hear what its about but if its on nascar.com there has to be some validity to it.
:bslfag: Tommy 29 is full of that!

Robby Gordon compared to Jeff Burton? There is no comparison..

Jack Roush is the one who is taking away Jeff Burton's career. I just can't see how a championship team can go all to hell in a matter of one season. Jeff has won Darlington, Daytona, NH... all kinds of races at different tracks. So if it came down to the bone, I'd go with Jeff.

Nothing against Robby, but Jeff is being 'held back' from wins. Don't blame Jeff, don't blame the CC.. blame Jack Roush. He could do better for that team...

I think Jeff needs to leave and go to another team. I don't care if its RCR, Hendrick, Yates... anywhere is better than Roush right now. Just my opinion.

i called him stupid for staying with Jack and not going to the RCR with the 30.......a lot of ppl said it would work out after a few races....well a few races with out a sponcer is not going very well.

Jeff Burton got caught up in the same mess as John Andretti, both good nice guys who stayed loyal to their team and ended up hurting their careers in the process. Its a business, and maybe they should have looked out for themselves instead of the team.

I'd take Jeff Burton(over Robby) on any oval track,take Robby on the road courses(over Jeff Burton)! ;)

I highly doubt that either one of those guys will be out of a ride this year. I can see Burton going to the 30 next year however.

Originally posted by Vern Demerest@Apr 14 2004, 08:36 AM
I highly doubt that either one of those guys will be out of a ride this year. I can see Burton going to the 30 next year however.
Robby will at least have the ride until after the road courses!

In all honesty, I don't see Robby going anywhere. Childress has put in a lot of time and effort for Robby to succeed. I really feel the experience in the busch series this year will really help Robby.

It would really hurt some feelings for people to see Burton in an RCR car but I would love it. :lol: ^_^

I don't think Gordon will be going anywhere. I like Jeff Burton but he had his chance and blew it. Now he is getting the shaft from Jack. I belive Martin and Burton both are getting the shaft while Matt and Kurt are getting the gold mine. Just my 2 cents. :lol:

Geeeezzzz, Gollum!!!!!! Twice in one week, I agree with ya!!!! LOL
Must be a full moon or silly season or something.
Yep, Jeff Burton had a number don on him by Roussh, and Burton's loyalties have
been just crapped on!!! DUMB, JB, very DUMB!!!!
Sooooooo, unless, JB gets out from under Jack in the Hat's thumb, things will NOT change.

malroars.gif

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/...mors/index.html

R. Gordon, RCR dismiss rumors of driver change
By Dave Rodman, Turner Sports Interactive April 14, 2004
6:00 PM EDT (2200 GMT)

WELCOME, N.C. -- Recent rumors of Robby Gordon's possible release from Richard Childress Racing were repudiated Wednesday by the driver and a team official.

Recent media reports have had two RCR drivers, Gordon and Johnny Sauter, out of their respective rides. The latest rumor had Gordon being replaced by Roush Racing driver Jeff Burton.

Gordon and his No. 31 Cingular Chevrolet are 25th in the respective NASCAR Nextel Cup driver and owner point tables, on the strength of a single top-five finish in the season's first seven races.

Gordon said that while that's not a pleasant statistic for anyone at RCR, his release has no part in the organization's near future.

"I think that all that is, is a rumor," Gordon said. "I've got a good relationship with Richard.

"We've had conversations, and it's all about how we're going to perform at Martinsville and what we're doing to try to make the 31 and the 30 cars more competitive, as a team."

RCR director of competition Bobby Hutchens, who Gordon said has been spending extra time working with his group and new crew chief Chris Andrews so far this season, concurred Wednesday afternoon.

"Robby Gordon is our driver of the No. 31 Cingular Wireless Chevrolet," Hutchens said. "Whatever rumors have been flying around out there are just rumors. To my knowledge, there have been no conversations that would prove any different."

Due to his schedule, Childress was unavailable for comment Wednesday afternoon, a team spokesperson said.

But Gordon insisted that the circulating stories were unfounded.

"Let's see, if you're going to say Ryan Newman was released and he's going to be driving the 31 car, that sounds pretty good," Gordon said. "I'm pretty sure that Jeff Burton is 30th in points and I'm 25th, so if you're going to replace me, at least get the right guy.

"I don't mean that Jeff's not the right guy, but (that doesn't make much sense)."

Gordon, who swept both Cup road races last season, said circumstances have prevented his team and Andrews from showing their true colors.

Gordon has driven the the No. 31 since partway through the 2001 season.

"We obviously aren't running where we'd like to be running," Gordon said. "I'm still confident in my ability and the knowledge I have about racecars and I believe in this RCR team."

Hutchens seconded that notion, and said the team is working to remedy the poor performance in-house.

"Although the season hasn't met our expectations up to this point, we feel RCR is in good shape with Robby and Chris and the entire Cingular team," Hutchens said. "They've had a lot of good cars this year, but haven't gotten the finishes they deserve.

"They had an awesome car and top-five finish in Darlington (and) we are in the process of building some new cars to hopefully help them down the road."

Gordon said the worst thing that rumors can do is affect a team's performance, but he's not concerned with that with his RCR group.

"I let it (rumors) roll off my back, to be honest with you," Gordon said. "In some cases, it might affect you, but we've got a solid team and it doesn't matter what kind of crap people are throwing around."

RCR Engines supplies the engines for Robby Gordon's own No. 55 Fruit of the Loom Chevrolet NASCAR Busch Series team, which has him fifth in the driver standings and sixth in the owner standings, one position behind Childress' own No. 21 Reese's Chevrolet.

"We've only got one top-five finish and that bothers me, because I thought we'd come out of the box better," Gordon said of his Nextel Cup program. "But we were running in the top-10 at both Daytona and Rockingham before we got taken out in accidents.

"We've missed it a couple times, but all in all we're a 15th to fifth place team. We have to figure out how to be a 10th to first place team, and that's our next step."

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 14 2004, 04:32 PM
I don't think Gordon will be going anywhere. I like Jeff Burton but he had his chance and blew it. Now he is getting the shaft from Jack. I belive Martin and Burton both are getting the shaft while Matt and Kurt are getting the gold mine. Just my 2 cents. :lol:
:cheers: to Gollum

:cheers: to Eagle1

:cheers: to Bow

Originally posted by slick-nick@Apr 14 2004, 01:19 AM
Robby Gordon compared to Jeff Burton? There is no comparison..

Jack Roush is the one who is taking away Jeff Burton's career. I just can't see how a championship team can go all to hell in a matter of one season. Jeff has won Darlington, Daytona, NH... all kinds of races at different tracks. So if it came down to the bone, I'd go with Jeff.

Nothing against Robby, but Jeff is being 'held back' from wins. Don't blame Jeff, don't blame the CC.. blame Jack Roush. He could do better for that team...

I think Jeff needs to leave and go to another team. I don't care if its RCR, Hendrick, Yates... anywhere is better than Roush right now. Just my opinion.
I agree, Roush is run somewhat like the mob, eventually one of the consiglieris will get whacked.

Burton was the best driver in Roush from 1999 to 2001, then came 2002, BOOM! What happened? Kenseth and Busch like Gollum said are getting the high life (only because of their equipment) while Martin and Burton are left with equipment that can barely hold above a top 20 finish and Greg Biffle, don't get me started about that ghastly apparition.

What doesnt make sense to me is that Biffle has all these sponsors: National Guard, Subway, Jackson-Hewitt, Grainger and he's not even good. Wouldve made sense if one of those sponsors at least went to Burton.

Back
Top Bottom