Gotta respect Gordon

It doesn't matter if you're a fan or not. Anyone who can be competitive in the top level of auto racing over a 20 year span deserves respect.

Agreed.
Hes not a show boater...he is class

It doesn't matter if you're a fan or not. Anyone who can be competitive in the top level of auto racing over a 20 year span deserves respect.
never had a bad word to say about jeffy. not my guy but he does drive a bowtie.

Among the current drivers he is in the top 5.

Besides being a top driver in the top sport, Gordon hosted a daytime TV program, I think it was Regis and Kelly a few years back. From what I hear he has an open invitation to do TV, but he chose to continue racing. Now he is catching flack about his age from some fans and the press, so I hope he hangs around for a while longer and continues to win and shut up the carrion eating buzzards.
images
upload_2014-7-28_20-35-2.jpeg

Great accomplishments and seems to be a great guy on and off the track.

I would like to think that he will be aroung for a bit longer, maybe to get to 100 wins.

Even if you're not a Shivvy fan, you have to admire and respect everything Jeff Gordon has accomplished in NASCAR. I think you also have to respect what Jeff Gordon means to NASCAR.
Jeff's name belongs alongside every other big name in the sport. Gordon would make my top 5 greatest driver list.

I honestly miss it when people hated the guy. It was a lot more fun to be a fan of his.

I honestly miss it when people hated the guy. It was a lot more fun to be a fan of his.

Come over to #18. Hurry, spots are going fast!

Yes, I agree. Jeff has to go down as one of the all time greats in NASCAR. Saying that pains me a bit after so many years of not liking the guy.

It's interesting that Jeff Gordon remains the only NASCAR driver to host SNL. He's probably the best crossover star NASCAR has had.
He's a great camera personality, he's a multi millionaire, is the best in his sport & is desired by thousands of women nationwide. Perfect for TV.

It's interesting that Jeff Gordon remains the only NASCAR driver to host SNL. He's probably the best crossover star NASCAR has had.
He's a great camera personality, he's a multi millionaire, is the best in his sport & is desired by thousands of women nationwide. Perfect for TV.

He has been great on tv and has been on huge tv shows.. I remember at one point he filled in for Regis for like.. A month.

Typically it's fun being a fan of someone who's hated, but his haters were the most immature people I know. The way he was hated on was like how high school kids act.

Typically it's fun being a fan of someone who's hated, but his haters were the most immature people I know. The way he was hated on was like how high school kids act.

I couldn't agree with this enough. As a life long Gordon fan, there are only two insults that all the haters I know could come up with...and both were ridiculous....one was "He is a cheater" and my personal favorite "he is gay". To both my reaction always was...ummm...yeah...get a life lol

Some maybe surprised that I am not a big Gordon fan. I will not pretend to have a good reason and I like messing with his fans a little.

But seriously I have to admit he is one of the all time greats. I think his fans should be absolutely thrilled with his performance this year. He looks revived, and consistently fast.

FWIW I wouldnt worry about Pocono, he was stout and dominating.

I'm probably way out in left field here , but I always felt that Jeff brought in a change in Nascar fandom . His fanbase seemed to arise from folks who were not racing fans but they were Gordon fans . (Kinda like many of Tiger Woods fans don't watch golf if Tiger isn't playing) .Just seemed like you couldn't talk racing with a Gordon fan , they only knew how Jeff did. I agree that he was/is a superstar in the sport .

I'm probably way out in left field here , but I always felt that Jeff brought in a change in Nascar fandom . His fanbase seemed to arise from folks who were not racing fans but they were Gordon fans . (Kinda like many of Tiger Woods fans don't watch golf if Tiger isn't playing) .Just seemed like you couldn't talk racing with a Gordon fan , they only knew how Jeff did. I agree that he was/is a superstar in the sport .
Know exactly where youre coming from. Ive talked to people like that who were mainly other Gordon fans, Jr fans & bandwagon Johnson fans.

Know exactly where youre coming from. Ive talked to people like that who were mainly other Gordon fans, Jr fans & bandwagon Johnson fans.
I think any driver who has been successful has had their share of bandwagon fans, Gordon included. I know a lot of 24 fans who only come out of the woodwork when he's doing well. We really haven't seen Jimmie have a bad season yet, it'd be interesting to see how many of his fans jump off the wagon when it happens.

Most of the Gordon fans I know are under 30.... I think a lot of people like myself started following racing right as Gordon hit the cup series, naturally becoming a fan.

Just like most fans under 20 nowadays(all 4 of them) are 48 fans.. And so on and so forth.

Most of the Gordon fans I know are under 30.... I think a lot of people like myself started following racing right as Gordon hit the cup series, naturally becoming a fan.

Just like most fans under 20 nowadays(all 4 of them) are 48 fans.. And so on and so forth.

I'm sure that there are others , like yourself , who gradually became Nascar fans after starting off as Jeff Gordon fans . I just haven't met that many .( And I don't think any of the 48 fans can name another driver :) )

I'm sure that there are others , like yourself , who gradually became Nascar fans after starting off as Jeff Gordon fans . I just haven't met that many .( And I don't think any of the 48 fans can name another driver :) )

I think I just became a fan of the sport and that's the driver my subconscious decided to follow.

When I first started watching NASCAR in the late 90's I always used to get Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton confused. But then I figured out Gordon is the one who won more lol.

Back
Top Bottom