Great job Tony!

Are you serious? I might have to see if I can get some more apple butter!

In October there are Apple Butter Fest all over up her.

BTW talk about thread jacking...lol at least it is your thread.

At least Newman didn't win #9 yet ^_^

:dual9mm: dang Wisconsin!!! My Buckeyes finally lost, but with the way they've been playing all seasin it was bound to happen sooner or later.

It's just disappointing after going so long unbeaten. At least it wasn't Michigan.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Oct 12 2003, 12:58 AM
In October there are Apple Butter Fest all over up her.

BTW talk about thread jacking...lol at least it is your thread.
Got to love Amish country!

Hey airbe...another buckwheats fan Dee!

Originally posted by airbe5car@Oct 12 2003, 01:59 AM
At least Newman didn't win #9 yet ^_^

:dual9mm: dang Wisconsin!!! My Buckeyes finally lost, but with the way they've been playing all seasin it was bound to happen sooner or later.

It's just disappointing after going so long unbeaten. At least it wasn't Michigan.
I am so with you airbe! They will beat Michigan this year and that is what really matters!

BTW, where did Kurt end up today? Not first! :p that matters too!

Originally posted by 97forever+Oct 12 2003, 02:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (97forever @ Oct 12 2003, 02:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DeeDee@Oct 12 2003, 01:02 AM
97, Qof H is in Amish country not me!
That whole state is either Cleveland or Amish country isnt it? [/b][/quote]
Oh whatever! Go play with your coyotes! :lol:

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 12 2003, 02:06 AM
I am getting quite fluent in yankee speak though---have you noticed?
I have. ;) :lol:

Anyway the point of this thread! To congratulate Smoke! Way to go Tony! Home Depot wins at Lowes what a head line!

'bout facking time the fastest car wins the race. Congratulations to Tony Stewart and that Home Depot crew.

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 11 2003, 07:05 PM
Actually the race sucked. Glad 'your man' won though! ;)
ah shucks 97, it wasn't THAT bad. I thought it was pretty good really.

I really liked the fact that Cope kept plugging along. Finished 37th and probably made a good deal of change. Not everybody can come with a car that can win the race and Cope is one of those guys who's heart and soul is in what he does, even if can't keep up once the flag drops.

When compared against the likes of Fittipaldi and Foyt who supposedly have decent cars, ol Derrick doesn't do half bad.

But yea, it was somewhat boring for a while there in the middle. Most longer races are. Drivers tend to cruise doing the finish first to finish first thing. But them guys running at the front were all out.

Just staying on the lead lap was a real challenge. The no racing back to the yellow has changed the entire complexion of Cup racing. I think at one point more than half the field was lined up to the inside. If ya weren't in the top 5 or 10 you had no chance at all of clearing traffic.

And Tony's car got really hooked up when it needed to be, not to mention how well he drove it. And that dern short pit almost worked for a win. :D

Naaaaahhhh, not a bad race at all.

It was a good run for both Tony and Ryan. They did some nice driving at the end. Tony deserved the win and Ryan is showing his talent.

I think I'll listen to the races on PRN from now on and shut the sound off on the TV. Those guys describe the race and what's going on Soooooooooo much better than the TV guys, cause they know you can't see it.
Sounded pretty dang exciting to me, of course it didn't hurt having my favorite up there fighting all night and eventually winning.

Gooooooooooooooooo Smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all,it wasn't a BAD race,I admit. Was interesting to see Kevin and Matt fighting tooth and nail,watching Kurt pull the shift-and-spin move and seeing Elliott run strong for the second straight week. Tony beating Ryan was a nice ending too. Skill vs. Engineering----always a good thing to see. (And MRN/PRN rules.)

Back
Top Bottom