greed

That would be more than I'm willing to spend. If I have to watch a plate race I'd rather do it on TV anyway.

This is the way of the new world. To be guaranteed a season ticket to see my college football team play you are almost forced to buy a lifetime license. There are less than 3000 seats available. There will be no tickets for sale to the general public. The visiting team will receive 4000 tickets.
At the current prices 4 licenses are $10,000. Then you have to donate at least $300 each year. Which went up from $250 last year. Then you still have to buy the tickets. This year that is 6 games for $215. Last year we had 7 games for $215. If you ever fail to buy the tickets or make the yearly donation then your license is revoked.
I'm sure NASCAR saw this working in other areas and decided to cash in as well.

NA$CAR need to get all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ They can now,seems that TV ratings and live attendance figures are dropping somewhat,if some of the recent changes keep happening I wouldn't be surprised to see those rates drop even further,so NASCAR need to cash in now,JMO ;)

If moron's are willing to pay it, why wouldn't they charge it. Just adds to how the sporting world is so out of whack!

Why blame NASCAR for the price of your tickets?
They sanction the races, they do not set the ticket prices.
This is nothing more than an entertainment business, and like any other business, the price of the product is determined by the rule of supply and demand.

Of course the prices have risen over the years; can you still buy a loaf of bread for a nickel, or a gallon of gas for a quarter?
How much do you pay for a new car today? A hell of a lot more than you paid five or ten years ago!
Check out the prices of real estate vs. the same property only a couple of years ago.
How much have your wages increased over the last decade or two? Do you want your employer to go back ten or twenty years with the wage scale?
I didn't think so.

In re: the price of Tower seats. Haven't most other sports offered seasons tickets, box seats, reserved seats, etc. for years? Are not those seats usually more expensive than the regular bleachers?

Apparently some of NASCAR's fans have been living in a little world of their own for the last quarter or half century and now that reallity is catching up to them, they simply cannot seem to accept it.

Geez, time changes all things; be thankful for that and if you're unable to accept that fact, move on to something else, but please quit the constant complaining and making others miserable. (Only grumpy old pharts have the right to make other people miserable. Ask Whizzer about whether or not that's the truth.)

It's only a game for heaven's sake; I doubt that many on this forum are depending on Nextel Cup for their livelyhood, so what's the big problem?

Why not catch some great racing at a local track near you on Saturday night, spend your dollars in the local economy; and then catch the big guys when they come to the track near you or on television every Sunday afternoon? At least the Cup, Busch and CTS races, along with qualifying and even some practice sessions are televised today.
Grab a cold one, sit back with the remote, enjoy the show and be thankful for all that you have instead of bitching about what is and wishing for what used to be.

OK, I'll try to get down off the soapbox now. Damit, I'll probably fall flat on my face, should have thought about that before I climbed up here. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble, gripe, gripe, gripe, whine, whine, whine, bitch, bitch, bitch, moan, moan, moan etc., etc., etc. :angry: :dual9mm:

Oh yeah, have a nice day!!

come on boB, NASCAR, ISC same difference, from $900.00 to $2000.00+ hell of an increase !
they droped the grandfather clause for the older fans, they could care less about their fans it's $$$ they want

But of course it's the dollars they want.

The whole idea of any entertainment BUSINESS is to seperate those who feel compelled to attend events from as many of those dollars as the traffic will bear.
When somewhere between 100,000 to 200,000 of those people are willing to spend those dollars to attend so many of those events, I would have to say that the whole thing is working pretty doggone well.

Like I posted above, it's nothing more than supply and demand.

As an aside here; weren't O. Bruton Smith's SMI tracks the first to come up with this type of ticket package? TMS and Vegas seem to come to mind. Yet I see no one complaining about the same practices exhibited by that company. The complaints which I have seen about the practices of those tracks are usually placing the blame on NASCAR, not the track owners.

For a closing thought in this regard: remember that you cannot rape the willing!

It's business, nothing more, nothing less.

I olny needed one tix to go to dega....no Bush(geting it at the gate) no poll day, just one tix to the Cup race.......so i called them and told them the sec i needed and just needed 1 tix.....and it worked out fine, got where i needed to be and olny had to get one tix....($70.00)

I gladly bought the PSL at TMS. Mainly because I was guaranteed to have the same seats for all the races every year. I paid $2000 per seat --- 4 of them --- because I wanted the close-in, pavement parking sticker. I must say the price of my tickets has not increased in 4 years-- $1660.00 for 4 seats for 6 races a year --- not bad.

I have 4 aisle seats, just to the 4th turn side of the start/finish line, 2 rows from the top. Great view of everything on the track.

Season tickets just gives you the same seats for one year. Next year, your season tickets could be somewhere else.

boB, you are correct about SMI, however Long time BMS ticket holders are NOT forced to buy tickets to all the races they were grandfathered in and it has remained that way for as long as SMI has owned BMS, that is about 60,000 tickets, however people that bought tickets when SMI started the expanson HAVE to buy season tickets.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 14 2004, 10:21 AM
I olny needed one tix to go to dega....no Bush(geting it at the gate) no poll day, just one tix to the Cup race.......so i called them and told them the sec i needed and just needed 1 tix.....and it worked out fine, got where i needed to be and olny had to get one tix....($70.00)
That is just about what I will spend for the entire season at my local track. When it comes to NASCAR, we ain't in Kansas any more toto.

My seat cost 795.00 but it's good for the rest of my life. It's called a Lazy-Boy. :p

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Apr 14 2004, 10:59 AM
boB, you are correct about SMI, however Long time BMS ticket holders are NOT forced to buy tickets to all the races they were grandfathered in and it has remained that way for as long as SMI has owned BMS, that is about 60,000 tickets, however people that bought tickets when SMI started the expanson HAVE to buy season tickets.
I was able to get my season tix's for Bristol because of the new Earnhardt stands they built. It freed up tix's in the section I ended up with. I'll gladly pay the $760 for two seats to four races at Bristol (both cup & busch) than what they want for four races at Daytona. Daytona is over rated IMO. My parents had the four days that they bought off of someone that couldn't make it. The 500 was priced at $225....that's understandable, but the Busch tix was $145. That's more than I've ever paid for a Cup ticket...and this was back in 2001 when they went.

I have season tickets at TMS. It is very easy for me to USE my season tickets, as I don't live that far away from the track. I can (if I choose) to drive to the race and come back home afterwards. The season ticket package includes the Busch/Cup weekend tickets, and two Truck/IRL weekends (June & October). I have the same ability as TRL does of renewing my season tickets and getting the same seats year after year. I actually was able to change my seating for this year's races to better seats than I had last year.

But it's all supply and demand. 12,550 seats that are sold out year after year with season ticket holders having first dibs on them. I'm sure there's a waiting list twice as long as those season ticket holders.........those people are willing to pay the $2,500 (or more). What I'm seeing is Daytona Speedway management has a demand far exceeding their supply. They have people taking up seats at $900 dollars that could be sold for $2500. At least they are offering a package deal instead of just upping the price 250%. It's a price paid by our sport becoming main stream......that is what we all longed for 10 years ago, isn't it? And, ISC and NASCAR are affiliated...........but can anyone tell me why that is bad? ISC manages the tracks that provide races that NASCAR sanctions. They make money from the events and they share some profits. It's a partnership.........and one of the main reasons we have tracks available to race on. Does anyone think of the overhead involved with a track the size of Daytona? Liability insurance alone would bankrupt most companies. There's property tax, maintenance and so much more. You're talking about 200,000 people at one event one time a year and 12,500 people are paying about 2,500 bucks a seat. That's a lot of money.......but is it really? Start deducting overhead. Then think about that facility setting empty and taxes, insurance, maintenance are still racking up expenses. I didn't even mention payroll. A legitimate company has a right to make a profit.........a profit as big as the market will bear. That is what built this country...........that is what built our sport.

Well, sigh; I cannnot afford those ridiculous prices!!!
So I have the next best. Comfy living room, big telly,
and snacks that don't cost me my entire months pay.
Yes, I have to put up with commercials, and the goofy media,
but fiancially speaking, it's a deal I won't pass up!!!!!!!

On rare occassions, I might get free passes to the California Speedway
but as I said, they are free. So I go, fight the traffic and love the
heck out of it!!!!!
icecs.gif

Cutie and I will spend our 130 bucks for tickets, plus 54 bucks for round trip tickets on Metrolink, and take a 100 or so bucks for snacks, beer, water, and souveniors and not have to deal with traffic!! :D We could go to Universal Studios and spend nearly as much or to Disneyland spend a heck of a lot more and not have nearly as much fun!! :D :D

17 more days!! :bounce:

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 14 2004, 07:40 PM
Cutie and I will spend our 130 bucks for tickets, plus 54 bucks for round trip tickets on Metrolink, and take a 100 or so bucks for snacks, beer, water, and souveniors and not have to deal with traffic!! :D  We could go to Universal Studios and spend nearly as much or to Disneyland spend a heck of a lot more and not have nearly as much fun!! :D  :D

17 more days!! :bounce:
i got 11!! :bounce: :cheers: B)

Back
Top Bottom