Hambone vs. Danica

Still, even pushing her off could have caused a big backlash that Nascar doesn't need at the moment.
If Patrick being able to grab and slap Hamlin does not cause a big backlash, Hamlin grabbing Danica and getting her off of him should not cause a back lash either.

Danica fans here want her to be treated just like everyone else except when another driver gets physical with her in response to her being physical. Like I said earlier, if she is man enough to lay her hands on them, she should be man enough to have hands laid upon her. She better think before she does something stupid.

If Patrick being able to grab and slap Hamlin does not cause a big backlash, Hamlin grabbing Danica and getting her off of him should not cause a back lash either.

Danica fans here want her to be treated just like everyone else except when another driver gets physical with her in response to her being physical. Like I said earlier, if she is man enough to lay her hands on them, she should be man enough to have hands laid upon her. She better think before she does something stupid.

Who would be the first to throw a punch at Patrick? She was not trying to bloody the guys nose, she wanted to make sure he paid attention. Also these two know each other and are friends, And Danica putting hands on him, and Hamlin putting his arm around Patrick was not seen as untoward. You need to take the relationship of the two in context.

If someone she did not know well like Kez tried the same you can bet Danica would have went ninja all over him

Who would be the first to throw a punch at Patrick? She was not trying to bloody the guys nose, she wanted to make sure he paid attention. Also these two know each other and are friends, And Danica putting hands on him, and Hamlin putting his arm around Patrick was not seen as untoward. You need to take the relationship of the two in context.
The first person to throw a punch at her will be the first person she throws a punch at. If that ever happens, I have 0 sympathy for Patrick.

These two are friends and prob wouldnt get rough, but if Patrick ever does this to someone else, she better be prepared for their reaction. She is no different than if a man came up to them and got in their face.

The first person to throw a punch at her will be the first person she throws a punch at. If that ever happens, I have 0 sympathy for Patrick.

These two are friends and prob wouldnt get rough, but if Patrick ever does this to someone else, she better be prepared for their reaction. She is no different than if a man came up to them and got in their face.

I do agree that she has to deal with the consequences. She has said she wants to be a driver no more, no less.

It seems to me that a lot of you watched the video with the sound off.

It sure looks confrontational but if you listen to what they're saying to each other, it's obvious that two good friends simply had a difference of opinion.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

I see this pretty much as a product of plate racing. I understand both sides but I dont think the drivers take Danica seriously and neither do I. Still, I understand her being upset. I doubt Hammy lost any sleep over it.

I see this pretty much as a product of plate racing. I understand both sides but I dont think the drivers take Danica seriously and neither do I. Still, I understand her being upset. I doubt Hammy lost any sleep over it.

Thanks for chiming in, EF. I know you are not a Patrick fan, so your words mean alot. Best of luck to Chase. It would be weird if they decide to place chase in the 41, wouldn't it?

Thanks for chiming in, EF. I know you are not a Patrick fan, so your words mean alot. Best of luck to Chase. It would be weird if they decide to place chase in the 41, wouldn't it?

Yeah, but I dont see that happening. Im not sure Chase is ready for prime time just yet plus I think HMS pretty much calls his shots anyway these days. These dang plate races cause all kinds of havoc and hard feelings. Everybody is bunched up so bad and cant go anywhere the smallest thing can cause wrecks. I dont think the vast majority are intentional but its just the crap the drivers have to put up with good and bad. Then, you think about all the other cars that get caught up in the mess and you have a lot of bent up sheet metal. Im no Danica fan but by being spun twice by the same guy would piss me off too.

It seems to me that a lot of you watched the video with the sound off.

It sure looks confrontational but if you listen to what they're saying to each other, it's obvious that two good friends simply had a difference of opinion.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

This.

When I saw this clip, I immediately thought of the Hamlin and Harvick chat at Bristol last year after they had a little on-track incident. It looked bad at first, but then it became obvious that it was merely a discussion, not a confrontation.

I like both Denny and Danica, and looking at it objectively, I can understand Danica's frustration, but this is just plate racing IMO. Yeah, he got on her left corner and stuff, and Danica wrecked, but it happens. He obviously didn't mean to do it.

Like @Zeck said, that's the most apologetic I've ever seen Hamlin after an on-track incident. I'm both shocked and impressed by that. I LOL'd when Tony randomly appeared to defend his woman.

It's all good.

I look at this as a heated discussion between 2 drivers. We've seen many, many drivers do this same thing.

I cannot see why so many get so heated over the fact that one of the drivers is a woman. I don't see where
she is demanding to be treated differently. She got mad, as so many others have gotten mad. She confronted
the driver she thought did her wrong on the track, as so many others have done.
It's obvious that the forum has to have a Danica Thread like we had in the past.

nobody's mentioned this ;
how hambone got behind her w/ 4 ta go........thus zeal ta push her / him forward ?
why he finished in last row w/ mikey.....p18 ......after dp wreck ?

upload_2015-2-20_17-26-41-jpeg.18050

The whole picture:

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

nah, we have now graduated to individual Danica race's thread..oh yeah we haven't had a real race yet.o_O
Right now , every thread is potentially a Danica bashing tread .It's easier for old folks like me to keep up with just one .However , if you just want to bash women in general , I'm good with doing that on every thread.

Some of my friends who are non-fans watched it and thought that Denny was being condescending.
I thought so too...with the there..there attitude everythings ok
Ehh, I guess I see how you could think that, but I didn't see it that way at all. I think he seemed genuinely contrite right there. She grabbed him and he immediately put his hands up and stayed very calm, as if to say "hey, I wasn't trying to wreck you." I think once she saw his reaction, she calmed down too.

I'm probably just projecting here, but that's pretty much exactly how I would have handled it if I had a good female friend that approached me all upset like that. I saw it as him just being affectionate if anything, not being condescending or patronizing or anything like that.

Right now , every thread is potentially a Danica bashing tread .It's easier for old folks like me to keep up with just one .However , if you just want to bash women in general , I'm good with doing that on every thread.

For christ's sake, Ted! You realize you're almost the only one who continually brings up gender, right?
I would hope Danica fans could defend her against people who might not appreciate her skills with more than just the easy way out.

I mean, if that's all the ammo there is, why bother shooting the gun?

For christ's sake, Ted! You realize you're almost the only one who continually brings up gender, right?
I would hope Danica fans could defend her against people who might not appreciate her skills with more than just the easy way out.

I mean, if that's all the ammo there is, why bother shooting the gun?

Danica's a gir l? And any Danica thread is not full of sexist jokes ? And here are other threads about less talented male drivers ? Naw ? Really ?

She sucks, that's not me being sexist, that's being realistic.

People say she's a hack, overrated, doesn't belong, cant race with the big dogs. All that is not about her being female. It's about the fact she's had like 4 years as a "rookie" and still cant cut it in this series.

I get sick and tired of people playing the sexist card when it comes to Danica.

Definitely no pinned threads for them. But the people who don't pull for Danica and are obviously woman haters didn't pin hers either.
So ...if you are successful in bullying the only female racer out of cup racing , will that be a good thing?

So ...if you are successful in bullying the only female racer out of cup racing , will that be a good thing?
Come on man. It's got nothing to do with anything you just said.
I'm sorry Ted but it sounds like you want her there ONLY because she's a woman.
That's really no better to me.

She sucks, that's not me being sexist, that's being realistic.

People say she's a hack, overrated, doesn't belong, cant race with the big dogs. All that is not about her being female. It's about the fact she's had like 4 years as a "rookie" and still cant cut it in this series.

I get sick and tired of people playing the sexist card when it comes to Danica.
Exactly. Tired of the whole conversation.

must be nice to know you'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have to back up your mouth off the track.

must be nice to know you'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever have to back up your mouth off the track.
Wtf are you talking about? Nobody has to back up anything. Did I or anybody say "I'd kick Danica's ass if I saw her!" ? Or anything like that? No. What's there to back up?
I can tell you one thing, I wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone who asked my opinion, including you, in person.
Now, I wouldn't go up to Danica or anybody else and say "you suck and can't drive". That'd be pretty ******. No use to hurt people's feelings. But we sure as hell can talk about it here on this message board.
I still wouldn't post here that danica has no right being in cup or anything, but I'll damn sure have an opinion on her (or anybody's) skill level as I see it.
Again, wtf is there to back up?

Back
Top Bottom