Hang on, Horsepower Got Cut from 900 to 725?

^ I understand that. He referred to equivalency.

Total engine output will remain at 725 or whatever dyno number each piece produces ... not 800.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the 2015 changes, dont have a clue whats coming up in 2016 yet
2016 is looking at another cut in HP.

Edwards (via Goodyear) on 2016 changes tried: "This is more like what the car felt like 10 years ago, and I like that."

I hope they decide to develop a smaller engine at some point rather than just slapping a spacer on there.

nascar made some big changes this year. I am wondering if the mere forming of the raceteam alliance is making them feel some heat. Getting rid of speedweeks, eliminating testing. The big change as the engine. They are allowing a roller cam. couple that with a reduced horsepower. Its going to make it possible to run an engine more than one race. Most of the time I don't see that happening but to a lower funded team it very well could. Its a big upfront cost for the engines but in the long run it will save alot of money. I personally like rules changes just to see something different. I am a fan of seeing how teams react to it, even beyond the racing product. The interesting thing to me was how much of a speed difference there is depending on the aero particulars of the package. who knew radiator pans and 2" off the spoiler could mean 25 mph difference corner entry.

I think the drivers like more power because it allows them more chance to use it for an advantage or 2 recover from a bobble on the track.

nascar made some big changes this year. I am wondering if the mere forming of the raceteam alliance is making them feel some heat. Getting rid of speedweeks, eliminating testing. The big change as the engine. They are allowing a roller cam. couple that with a reduced horsepower. Its going to make it possible to run an engine more than one race. Most of the time I don't see that happening but to a lower funded team it very well could. Its a big upfront cost for the engines but in the long run it will save alot of money. I personally like rules changes just to see something different. I am a fan of seeing how teams react to it, even beyond the racing product. The interesting thing to me was how much of a speed difference there is depending on the aero particulars of the package. who knew radiator pans and 2" off the spoiler could mean 25 mph difference corner entry.

I think the drivers like more power because it allows them more chance to use it for an advantage or 2 recover from a bobble on the track.
Getting rid of speedweeks?

I'm getting a little sick of this. Every sport evolves. Every sport tweaks or changes championship systems. Every sport makes rule changes. Every sport makes changes to improve the sport and attract new fans. Only NASCAR fans act like the end of days is near whenever there's a change.

2016 is looking at another cut in HP.

Edwards (via Goodyear) on 2016 changes tried: "This is more like what the car felt like 10 years ago, and I like that."

Sounds good to me, if a car can spin the wheels out of a corner going 190 mph its got too much power anyhow IMO

I'm getting a little sick of this. Every sport evolves. Every sport tweaks or changes championship systems. Every sport makes rule changes. Every sport makes changes to improve the sport and attract new fans. Only NASCAR fans act like the end of days is near whenever there's a change.
Nothing wrong with changes if they're good ones and if they're done sparingly. Yes, all sports have rule changes, but except for some division re-alignments and expansion to include more teams, the general structure of the way stick and ball sports determine a champion has been the same for decades. College football recently added a playoff, but the main difference between college football and NASCAR is that CFB fans had been demanding a playoff for years, but nobody was clamoring for one in NASCAR.

Nothing wrong with changes if they're good ones and if they're done sparingly. Yes, all sports have rule changes, but except for some division re-alignments and expansion to include more teams, the general structure of the way stick and ball sports determine a champion has been the same for decades. College football recently added a playoff, but the main difference between college football and NASCAR is that CFB fans had been demanding a playoff for years, but nobody was clamoring for one in NASCAR.

Baseball didn't used to have playoffs.

Sounds like a way to make the 'yota's more competitive. Last year they couldn't manage to make the horses needed to compete without exploding their engines. So they made them last and suffered through their worst season ever. I'm sure they were in Frances ear reminding him of how much they invest in the sport.

Back
Top Bottom