Harvick accuses Newman of cheating

P

Parkfan

From his post race commentslink

WERE YOU CONSERVATIVE TODAY WITH THE NEW TIRES? “No. we were pretty much gung-ho the whole day, and the groove spread out so nice that you could really race and that made it a lot more fun than it usually is. I’m just pissed off that the 15th-place car wins the race and can go 15 laps farther on fuel than the rest of us. If he can do that with his foot, then he’s a magician, and I’ll kiss his butt if he’s doing it with his foot.”

Whining won't keep Newman from passing you in the points, Kevin. :rolleyes:

Pucker up Kevin.If Harvick could drive as good as he can give sarcastic sound bites(On any and every topic) he would make Richard petty look like Rick Wilson.

Originally posted by park30fan@Oct 5 2003, 06:29 PM
From his post race commentsand can go 15 laps farther on fuel than the rest of us. If he can do that with his foot, then he’s a magician, and I’ll kiss his butt if he’s doing it with his foot.”
Pucker up time Happy. :p

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 5 2003, 05:32 PM
Pucker up Kevin.If Harvick could drive as good as he can give sarcastic sound bites(On any and every topic) he would make Richard petty look like Rick Wilson.
:XXROFL:

man sometimes these drivers really put their foot in their mouth or should I say lips on their butt

his comments are justified. its unreal how the 12 car can out last everyone in a gas milage race. also harvicks not the only one complaining bill elliot didnt seem too happy after the race and jeff gordon has commented on the situation.

Originally posted by Tommy29@Oct 5 2003, 06:12 PM
bill elliot didnt seem too happy after the race
Bill must be mad because he didn't get the illegal fuel cell Jeremy did. :lol: Jeremy went the same number of laps on fuel as Ryan.

From a article on NA$CAR.com

"If you polled 43 drivers, 42 of them would say they hate fuel-mileage races. The exception, of course, is the guy who won on fuel mileage."

I have to admit I would be pretty pissed too if I had the strongest and most dominent car and didnt win. I bet elliott feels his time is running out. Hopefully this won't drive him into retirement.

hell most of them don't like the lucky dog rule, but when their the lucky dog they don't complain too much

Originally posted by Tommy29@Oct 5 2003, 04:12 PM
his comments are justified. its unreal how the 12 car can out last everyone in a gas milage race. also harvicks not the only one complaining bill elliot didnt seem too happy after the race and jeff gordon has commented on the situation.
I also believe Harvick's comments were justified. If Ryan Newman and the 12 team "were saving fuel", then why were they running fast lap times when they were supposed to be saving fuel? Penske has powerful engines, however powerful engines mean that fuel mileage will have to be sacrificed. Somethings up with that team.

Originally posted by Happy29+Oct 5 2003, 06:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Happy29 @ Oct 5 2003, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Oct 5 2003, 04:12 PM
I also believe Harvick's comments were justified. If Ryan Newman and the 12 team "were saving fuel", then why were they running fast lap times when they were supposed to be saving fuel? Penske has powerful engines, however powerful engines mean that fuel mileage will have to be sacrificed. Somethings up with that team. [/b][/quote]
Ryan didn't run his fast laps until after the last caution when they were were sure they could make it all the way. Up until then, he was conserving fuel.

How do you get that Kevin accused Ryan of cheating out of that?

Germie got 78 laps on his last fuel load.

what's the problem?

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 5 2003, 06:41 PM
How do you get that Kevin accused Ryan of cheating out of that?
I’m just pissed off that the 15th-place car wins the race and can go 15 laps farther on fuel than the rest of us. If he can do that with his foot, then he’s a magician, and I’ll kiss his butt if he’s doing it with his foot.”

If that's not accusing someone of cheating, I don't know what is.

hmmmmm.....must be in between the lines or something.....still don't see where Kevin accused Ryan of cheating

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 5 2003, 06:44 PM
hmmmmm.....must be in between the lines or something.....still don't see where Kevin accused Ryan of cheating
You and I must be reading it differently. What I get from it is he says no one should be able to go that much farther on fuel than all the other cars. The only way to do that is to cheat.

I dont see where Harvick accused Newman of cheating either. Frankly Park30fan, I think your hatred of Kevin Harvick is clouding your judgment.

Originally posted by Happy29@Oct 5 2003, 06:49 PM
I dont see where Harvick accused Newman of cheating either. Frankly Park30fan, I think your hatred of Kevin Harvick is clouding your judgment.
I think being a fan of Harvick's clouding your judgement. Given that other people in this thread saw it the same way as me, I don't think what I think of Harvick is the issue here.

Originally posted by Happy29@Oct 5 2003, 06:49 PM
He doesn't come right out and say it, you need to read between the lines.

ryan newman is always in contention to win races plain and simple. Maybe the team wants you to think he needs to conserve fuel

Originally posted by park30fan+Oct 5 2003, 04:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (park30fan @ Oct 5 2003, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Happy29@Oct 5 2003, 06:49 PM
I think being a fan of Harvick's clouding your judgement. Given that other people in this thread saw it the same way as me, I don't think what I think of Harvick is the issue here. [/b][/quote]
Well, for you to make it seem that Harvick is the only driver that 's out there that's criticizing the fuel situation that Ryan Newman has makes me think different

Originally posted by Happy29@Oct 5 2003, 07:03 PM

Well, for you to make it seem that Harvick is the only driver that 's out there that's criticizing the fuel situation that Ryan Newman has makes me think different
So far the only two drivers I've seen say something were Kevin and Jeff Gordon. If you have quotes from other drivers saying stuff about how fishy his great mileage is, post em, cause I haven't seen them.

hmmmmmm where are those DEI bashers. Damn nascar givin DEI those special advantages

but yer the one who is using the word "cheating", not Kevin.

Why are you putting words in Kevin's mouth?

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 5 2003, 07:37 PM
but yer the one who is using the word "cheating", not Kevin.

Why are you putting words in Kevin's mouth?
All I did was paraphrase his comments. He didn't say cheating, but if you read his quotes you know that's what he meant.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 5 2003, 07:35 PM
hmmmmmm where are those DEI bashers. Damn nascar givin DEI those special advantages
LOL!

Semantics.Of course the clear and stated implication from Harvick is that Newman is (insert any word that implies an unfair advantage).To state Kevin meant anything other than 'Newman is cheating' is just a stretch in my opinion. :blink:

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 5 2003, 07:43 PM
Semantics.Of course the clear and stated implication from Harvick is that Newman is (insert any word that implies an unfair advantage).To state Kevin meant anything other than 'Newman is cheating' is just a stretch in my opinion. :blink:
Exactly

Newman, Borland both engineers. They could rig up something to get more fuel in the car. I doubt that is what there doing but I do think they are using an additive that is increasing there fuel milage. Nascar has to look into it!!!

but the point is that no matter what you may THINK he meant, the fact remains that he did not accuse Ryan of anything.

Originally posted by whiteflaglap@Oct 5 2003, 07:57 PM
Newman, Borland both engineers. They could rig up something to get more fuel in the car. I doubt that is what there doing but I do think they are using an additive that is increasing there fuel milage. Nascar has to look into it!!!
does'nt nascar test the fuel after the race?

So someone is putting their own words into Kevin's statments. That happen a lot if you dont like the driver.
Or maybe Kevin is just stating what a lot of other Drivers and fans are thinking.

This is clearly a xxxxxx case of someone who wants to put some xxxx on their most disliked driver.

Hell, I xxxxxx xxxx Jeff Green to the maximum. But you dont see me putting words into his mouth.

This post has been edited for language by NW.

Calm down Happy. All the bad language will get you nowhere. Might get you on the bad side of the Mods.

Yeah, buddy.....if you can go back and edit that, I would do it....

Let them run their mouth. I've listened to whiners complain about DEI for years....Not even worth my time anymore to argue with them. Just let them live in their own little world.....

And if it is too late for you to edit it, you might want to ask a mod to do it for you...

So now when people say something that means something else, it can't be interpreted as such? Because the majority arguing with me are Harvick fans, and can't believe their driver would ever say something stupid, I guess I should just stop arguing now because they can't see through their rose colored glasses.

Back
Top Bottom