Have you notice this about Dale Earnhardt merchandise

D

deircr3

This year there has been no Dale merchandise with a #3 and his name. It's all been his name with no #3 or only a #3 with no name. Is it because Richard wants to give Austin his own identity? There hasn't even been a new Dale diecast released this year.

Earnhardt's been dead for almost 14 years. People want to address the "state of the sport", I can post something too. The sport can't grow when a large segment of the media and the fanbase can't move on from the Earnhardt era. Since Dale's death, high-speed internet has become the norm, just about everyone has a smartphone and imports are no longer the only cars that can get more than 25mpg.

maybe I don't belong here because i'm not big on spending money for merchandise, so i'm not likely to buy anything except maybe some ken schrader or local dirt track stuff.

but my favorite purchase is an Earnhardt #3 "the Intimidator" hat from the '80's. I can't imagine buying anything today that would have as much meaning.

mass production and licensing agreements (which Earnhardt and Gordon were nascar innovators in) have ruined the value I find in merchandise. it's great to see fans wearing swag. I just don't think it is really attached to a driver other than a pennies on the dollar royalty check.

which is my guess on why the #3 has been separated from dale's merchandise. it's all about licensing agreements.

they have already remade every car he's drove...it's gotta end sometime.

i know right now there's a seller on ebay selling 1st run Earnhardt 1:24 diecast, and cheap. he must of had every car and now getting rid of them.

I'm surprised that they didn't remake Dale's cars with the COT body and later with the Gen 6 body.

Goldmine they're missing out on there.
i can't see a car he didn't drive being of any value....the problem is they've flooded the market with diecast.

I'm surprised that they didn't remake Dale's cars with the COT body and later with the Gen 6 body.

Goldmine they're missing out on there.
they made plenty of Dale COT die casts. Just google it.

Gen 6, not so much.

Maybe they're realizing that Dale Earnhardt Sr. has been dead for I dunno...13 years now and maybe, just maybe it's time to move on? I mean, we have a host of new drivers that came into the sport with a wide range of talent ever since Earnhardt Sr. passed away.

Are these diecast cars worth anything? There are so many of these things produced that I find it hard that they could be worth much other than for sentimental reasons.

No way would she give him that. She only released Dale Jr's name because they were taking it to court.
I know that his naming rights transferred to her after the death of his father but I don't remember it being an issue for her to transfer the rights to him. When were they taking this issue to court? Can you post a link so I can read about that?

Are these diecast cars worth anything? There are so many of these things produced that I find it hard that they could be worth much other than for sentimental reasons.

I don't buy them for value. I enjoy having them and knowing something about each one. I haven't bought many in the past 5 years or so because I decided to only buy the race winners.

This is my displays. I don't have half the diecasts Naz has. He buys every car he likes no matter who the driver is. He is also into the haulers and other type race cars.
Display013.jpg

Display014.jpg

I know that his naming rights transferred to her after the death of his father but I don't remember it being an issue for her to transfer the rights to him. When were they taking this issue to court? Can you post a link so I can read about that?

geez It was so long ago doubt I can still find an article. This all happened shortly after he left DEI.

No way would she give him that. She only released Dale Jr's name because they were taking it to court.
i guess that makes since, i just remember her giving him the name rights, i just thought it was Dale Earnhardt, that the Jr part went along.

It was 2006 that his naming rights were issued to him. They were previously owned by DEI and were transferred to Teresa upon Sr's death. I never saw any mention of him taking her to court for that right. If anyone finds it, let me know. I'd like to read it.

Here's a link to a story on the transfer.

He didn't take her to court. What I read was Kelley was negotiating for Junior and threatened to take it to court. Teresa wasn't going to give it up easily.

Back
Top Bottom