High Limit 2024

Justin Feidler today on Dirtrackr says they have planned for up to 14.

1702219168394.png

High Limit didn't announce any new drivers yesterday, so they had to go ahead and fix that with Parker Price Miller being committed to the High Limit series.

Windom is a 3 time USAC champ. So far nobody is a slouch. That is going to be one hell of a series. and it will be on FLO Hell YEAH!

Windom is a 3 time USAC champ. So far nobody is a slouch. That is going to be one hell of a series. and it will be on FLO Hell YEAH!
The 2023 World of Outlaws, All Stars, IRA, and NARC champions are ALL in High Limit. And we haven't even seen the full list of drivers. Add Tyler Courtney and Brent Marks to that list...

Here the schedules side by side. Interesting they only overlap 33 dates out of 60 for High Limit and 89 for the Outlaws. Plus some random other data I threw in.
BTW I want to thank you for this work - I'm going to use it as the base for a composite spreadsheet for myself to reference this year for planning.

BTW I want to thank you for this work - I'm going to use it as the base for a composite spreadsheet for myself to reference this year for planning.
Your welcome, glad it could be of use. I make a spreadsheet of race track schedules every year so I know when places are running.

Your welcome, glad it could be of use. I make a spreadsheet of race track schedules every year so I know when places are running.
I keep something similar for racing up here in Michigan - every track, what day they run, when special events are happening I can attend, when they have a Sunday or weekday show unexpectedly: the works. I wish Racingcalendar.net was a little better and maybe I wouldn't need to do that. LOL

I keep something similar for racing up here in Michigan - every track, what day they run, when special events are happening I can attend, when they have a Sunday or weekday show unexpectedly: the works. I wish Racingcalendar.net was a little better and maybe I wouldn't need to do that. LOL
Yeah it takes a lot of work, but if I want to trackchase it's the best way for me to do it.

Wish you’d do one of Daytona Speedweeks including all the asphalt & dirt track events.

Thorson had been running a bunch of wing races last year and I started to get the sense me might be looking at that moving forwards. I've been throwing his name out as a guess for months for that reason and now I feel super validated.

No way all 16 stay on the full year.

No way all 16 stay on the full year.
I wonder how many will given the whole "Double Down" component for the charters. I think at least 12-13 are gonna stick it out and go through most of next year while the bottom contenders probably wind up dropping this year.

I wonder how many will given the whole "Double Down" component for the charters. I think at least 12-13 are gonna stick it out and go through most of next year while the bottom contenders probably wind up dropping this year.
Yeah once it becomes clear your not at the level where you'll get one I could see teams fall off. They will be there for a bit but any touring series on dirt has some who's plans change as the year goes.

Man, WoO took a hell of a hit here. The crossover races are going to be wild.
I mean it looks like that, but only 3 cars were full time with the Outlaws last year that are high limit now, and the Outlaws gained Balog so they are only down 2 by my count. Sweet is obviously the big one.

Looks that way so far. Part of it is that the WoO run so many races, many drivers don't want to commit to racing that many.

It’s just like NASCAR though, the more popular the series gets, the higher the demand. Sport had around 30 for years, explodes in the mid 90s and goes to 36.

Hopefully WoO gets James McFadden & Buddy Kofoid full time. Other drivers such as Tanner Holmes & Sam Hafertepe Jr. as well to round out WoO would be decent.

Balog is a decent driver that ran IRA 410. Decent new driver full time there.

Not many huge losses from WoO to High Limit besides Sweet & Bayston & Allen. And I think they all a part time big event WoO schedule still.

Hopefully WoO gets James McFadden & Buddy Kofoid full time. Other drivers such as Tanner Holmes & Sam Hafertepe Jr. as well to round out WoO would be decent.

Balog is a decent driver that ran IRA 410. Decent new driver full time there.

Not many huge losses from WoO to High Limit besides Sweet & Bayston & Allen. And I think they all a part time big event WoO schedule still.
Roth might split the cars too - one to WoO (McFadden) and one to HL (Kofoid). And you're right re: the big event stuff. If the IRL/CART split had the Indy 500 retained as an open competition with generally shared rules, it might not have so significantly damaged that motorsport. Some day people will come around and ask much more critical questions of USAC's role there and in general every decision they've made since the 70s. But a lot of people are not prepared for that conversation and it does feel like punching down given how regionalized/diminished USAC is today.

Roth might split the cars too - one to WoO (McFadden) and one to HL (Kofoid). And you're right re: the big event stuff. If the IRL/CART split had the Indy 500 retained as an open competition with generally shared rules, it might not have so significantly damaged that motorsport. Some day people will come around and ask much more critical questions of USAC's role there and in general every decision they've made since the 70s. But a lot of people are not prepared for that conversation and it does feel like punching down given how regionalized/diminished USAC is today.
Dirtrackr on Sunday said both Roth cars could end up Outlaw. Or Kofoid to Outlaws and McFadden to High Limit because they were still mad about the tire penalty.

Back
Top Bottom