Hmiel in the #43 ay Daytona

D

DirtyMo1381529

Jayski is reporting that Shane Hmiel, the 23-year-old hard-charger whose #48 Innovative Motorsports team has been a major player in the Busch Series, will drive the Daytona race for Petty Enterprises in the #43 Berry Burst Cheerios Dodge in the July 5 400-mile Winston Cup race at Daytona International Speedway. Christian Fittipaldi, who has been driving the #43, will move to the #44 Bugles Dodge for this race. “We are very excited to have a young talent like Shane Hmiel drive the #43 for us at Daytona,” said Kyle Petty, CEO of Petty Enterprises. “George deBidart and Innovative Motorsports were very gracious in allowing us to ‘borrow’ Shane for this event. They have a tremendous program there, so I know Shane will be used to what he sees on the Winston Cup side of the fence.” Hmiel will be driving a special paint scheme carrying the Berry Burst Cheerios colors. Normally, the #43 carries the Cheerios and Betty Crocker paint scheme.[see image of the car on my Paint Schemes Gallery] “Daytona and Petty are some pretty special names, and I know Cheerios is especially excited since this is one of their Berry Burst races,” Hmiel said. “I’m really excited at this opportunity, and I am so glad George deBidart and Kyle Petty could work this out.” Hmiel is currently 11th in the NASCAR Busch Series points, notching two top-five finishes and five top-10s in his 16 starts this season.(Williams Company PR)(6-24-2003)

I can't beleive Kyle is putting him in his car for Daytona. I sure hope that his engine blows early in the race becuase he is going to cause a really big wreck.

I think its safe to say that Kyle has officially lost it. :p

I am first did not liek it btu the more I thought about it, the more i liked the idea. Shane is an agressive driver and that is wahtthe 43 needs right now. He has a big challange ahead of him. Teh 43 has NO provisnoals again and he has to make the race in on time, that could be hard to do since it seems the Ege motors lately have been down on HP, PE has not been very good this year and that this is his first race ! So he has an up hill battle

I like the "Borrow Shane" line, AKA this is your audition - good luck kid. Does anybody think DEI will be watching very closely?

Originally posted by redrock@Jun 24 2003, 02:05 PM
I like the "Borrow Shane" line, AKA this is your audition - good luck kid. Does anybody think DEI will be watching very closely?
Theyll be watchin when he gets close to michael and junior, espeacilly if he falls in line like a good little member of the DMP.

I think that this might be good for them...I mean, If he can get a top 20, that would be a great thing for Fittipaldi, and Petty as well. They need consistancy and maybe a top 10 wouldn't hurt here or there.

Shane Hmiel is not ready for Cup racing. There are timers when he has problems with Busch racing. I don't know what Kyle is drinking, but I'd like some. :wacko: :blink: :cuckoo:

The #43 is out of provisionals, so both the #43 and #44 have to qualify. Wouldn't that be weird if they both Dnq'd.

Originally posted by park30fan@Jun 24 2003, 03:56 PM
The #43 is out of provisionals, so both the #43 and #44 have to qualify. Wouldn't that be weird if they both Dnq'd.
Anyone know yet which non-regulars will enter? Will Hendrick enter the David Green entry that got disqualified? That is a potential spot taken.

David Green-#60-Hendrick
Mike Bliss-#80-Joe Gibbs
Buckshot Jones-#09-James Finch
These are the ones I know off the top of my head, plus, some of the part timers, and maybe some I'm forgetting.

Back
Top Bottom