Homestead - FORD 400 - Pre Race Thread

Do you really believe that? You know Larson is groomed in how to talk to the press, but, in the back of his mind you can bet there will be a payback and I for one hope it happens in Homestead. If he does not get him back he will be the whipping boy for years to come.

B.S. sorry but you can't make everybody into Attila the hun because they got wrecked, or belittle them because they don't do it your way. Robbie Gordon left the building.

The whole payback thing is highly overrated. Seldom does anything ever happen. Everyone expected to see some sort of retaliation directed at Keselowski last weekend. Didn't happen. Larson taking out Newman? Not gonna happen.

Not a dog in the hunt for me this weekend but I can't wait to see how this season plays out. Four non champions vying for their first. I'm interested to see how far they're willing to go to take home the title. Tracks beginning to sell out. More viewers. Spin it how you will but those both read as good things for the sport. Hopefully we are seeing the beginning of a trend in attendance and viewers of this sport. I'd like to see it do well and be around for a long time to come.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm 9m9 minutes ago
Four are heading to Miami... #nascar #mychasenation
B2PwVHhCYAIq1Py.jpg

ROTFL I nearly spilled a full cup of coffee when I saw this.

Were the points reset for the final 4 drivers? I hope so personally. Nothing worse than watching someone lead but another 10 spots back winning. I would like to see newman win, not sure why. never was a fan. Then it would be a tie between harvick and logano. Hamlin seems like a cry baby whiner that I just cannot support

Everyone is reset to 0. Who ever finishes closest to 1st out of the 4, wins the chase.

I expect Harvick to unload with the dominant car, much like at Phoenix and many other races this year. With HMS not having a dog in the fight in the final four, Hendrick will throw his full support behind the 4 team since it's his satellite team. Much like Tony Stewart in 2011

but, but, but, but I thought Harvick drove for SHR? :idunno:

I'm guessing another walkoff by Harvick. Apologies for the S&B comparison.

Would make sense, but how often do these things turn out making sense. I have never heard Hamlin optimistic. He is. Thought the last Homestead test was huge. Typically, he paints a negative picture to cover his ass if things go south--as do many drivers. Interesting.

could be so much more than who has the dominate car, so much more to racing that that. Game of mistakes sometimes, four teams with plenty of pressure, plenty of other drivers to consider than just the four. Going to be a hell of a race. And it has been proven time and time again that the winningest driver doesn't always win. I hope somebody like Kez won't lay down if they have a chance for a bump and run with a chaser for the win if it comes down to that.

Its awesome that this race is sold out but does anyone know when the last time was that this race sold out?

I guess I should have joined the hate the chase bunch eh? how the heck did a Toyota get into the final four and a chance to win their first championship. Oh the unfairness of it all, give me my sword so I can fall on it. :biggrin: Nah Hamlin is second to Newman IMO about doing more with less this year, he earned his spot...but I ain't pulling for him, he's gone just about far enough. -_-

harv put voodoo on his karma at presser today.
shoulda never kidded bout jeffie or kez at this point.
bad karma comin his way this weekend..........w/ prolly best car in field too.

with all the chase hoopla and who's in and who's out, i had forgotten about this being Marcos Ambrose's last Nascar race. i always thought he could mess up some good racing, but he was fun to watch on a road course

TV schedule for the rest of the week.

Thursday, November 13
7 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
7:30 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
8 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
8:30 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
5 p.m., NASCAR America, NBC Sports Network
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FOX Sports 1
6:30 p.m., The 10: Biggest Bonehead Moves (re-air), FOX Sports 2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FOX Sports 2
8 p.m., The 10: NASCAR’s Greatest Finishes, FOX Sports 2
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub (re-air), FOX Sports 1

Friday, November 14
7 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
7:30 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
8 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
8:30 a.m., NASCAR America (re-air), NBC Sports Network
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series Practice, FOX Sports 1
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice, FOX Sports 1
2 p.m., NASCAR Live, FOX Sports 1
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1
4 p.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series Final Practice, FOX Sports 1
6 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2
7:30 p.m., NCWTS SetUp, FOX Sports 1
8 p.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Homestead-Miami, FOX Sports 1
10 p.m., NASCAR America Homestead Special, NBC Sports Network
12 a.m. (Sat.), NASCAR America Homestead Special (re-air), NBC Sports Network

Saturday, November 15
4 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Homestead-Miami (re-air), FOX Sports 1
7 a.m., NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Homestead-Miami (re-air), FOX Sports 2
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice (re-air), FOX Sports 1
Noon, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Practice, FOX Sports 1
1 p.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Live, FOX Sports 1
3 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Final Practice, FOX Sports 2
4 p.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series Countdown, ESPN2
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Homestead-Miami, ESPN2

Sunday, November 16
10 a.m., NASCAR K&N Pro Series Race at Phoenix (tape), FOX Sports 1
Noon, NASCAR RaceDay, FOX Sports 1
1 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Countdown, ESPN
3 p.m., NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race at Homestead-Miami, ESPN
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Victory Lane, FOX Sports 1
1 a.m. (Mon.), NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race at Homestead-Miami (re-air), ESPN2

Not a dog in the hunt for me this weekend but I can't wait to see how this season plays out. Four non champions vying for their first. I'm interested to see how far they're willing to go to take home the title. Tracks beginning to sell out. More viewers. Spin it how you will but those both read as good things for the sport. Hopefully we are seeing the beginning of a trend in attendance and viewers of this sport. I'd like to see it do well and be around for a long time to come.

If I didn't have a number one favorite driver I'd be loving this Chase Format right now. Once I get over my disappointment regarding what happened with the 24 I'll be pretty excited to watch this race.

Back
Top Bottom