How's Chicagoland?

T

TeamHendrick

My sister just moved to the Chicago area, so what better reason do I need to add another race to the schedule than a free place to stay!!

I'm wondering though, what's the best way to get tickets for Chicagoland? If I'm not mistaken it's a lot like Kansas in that there aren't much in the way of single race tickets available (you've got to get their season packages (IRL, NEXTEL..whatever). So should I look to Ebay? Ticket brokers?

Also, how's traffic around the raceway? Best plae to sit?

Thanks!

If you can get tickets at a resonible price you'll be very lucky.

Check their website...........I'm pretty sure it's an ISC track like California. Californis doesn't taut single race tickets either. And if you just read the price schedule you would think they don't sell them. They do.......there is a phone number for tickets (your might have dig to find it). Call them and ask for their prices for single race tickets........they'll tell you (they have to). That's the way it's been since we have been going to California. I'm sure you can get tickets for a single race. Now as for availability, that's something I can't talk about......I've heard Chicago sells out fast!! Call now............don't wait till a month before the race.

I called the main ticket number and asked about single race tickets and the person I got said they were not available. But she alluded that at some point they do actually put some on sale after the ticket package sales slow down.

She said something like "There usually aren't any left."

I'm gonna call back again in a week or so and see if they change their tune. I'm hoping to take my nephew to the race, since I took him to Phoenix with me last season he's been wanting to go to another race.

As far as I know, Chicagoland has never sold individual tickets. You have to buy their 'Track Packs' which include the Busch race & Cup race in July, IRL & ARCA races in September. If they have ever sold them individually, that would be the first I've heard of it. Last year seemed to be the first year that they were sold out before the season started, but in the past they have always been sold out by this late in the racing season. During the Atlanta race this past weekend, they were still pitching the 'Track Packs' for this season...so obviously there not sold out as of yet.

There will plenty of scalpers from the time you get off on I-80 until you get to the track. Try E-bay, but you'll probably be paying about the same if not more? I've never used E-bay, but I've tracked race ticket prices on there before.

Coming from the North, the traffic sucks! I-80 will be a parking lot pretty much from I-55. Either leave really, really early, or drive south of the track and back track. Pretty bad for a track that only holds 75,000. Michigan holds more than twice as many people and I usually have an easier time getting into that track.

No coolers or carry-ins (food). Can bring in a scanner, but either it has to be in a clear bag or a camera case type of bag. Bring lots of $$$$, everything inside is pricey! Another thing that always bothered me down there is that they let beggars run through the parking lot trying to peddle crap, asking for donations from $2 to $10. I've seen it at some of the other tracks I've been too, but not to this extent.

I wasn't too impressed with the seating either. Viewing the whole track from every seat is great, but if you're over 6 feet tall, there isn't much leg room. Not good for a newly built track IMO.

This will be the first time since they opened the track, that I won't be going to the races down there. I'm just tired of all the rhetoric.

I wouldn't buy my tickets from that site!! :unsure: I checked the California page...........it says the tickets we have are 149 bucks!! We gave 65!! Someone's making a bundle there and it ain't ISC or NASCAR!! Go directly to the track...either it's web site or call them or take a trip to their track ticket office. The tracks don't want to advertise the lessor priced tickets...........they want you to buy the high dollar ones. But, they do have tickets available for single races...........and they have to tell you about them. You might have to ask once the person takes a breath from his/her sales pitch.

I'm going to have my sister (who lives in Chicago) make a run to the ticket office and see if she can get any single ticket info. It's strange that they woould seemingly exclude so many potential customers by requiring them to purchase events for 4 races. I like IRL, but not enough to travel for a race, much less ARCA (the other race in the 4 race package).

I mean Phoenix and Texas sell packages like that, but thier exclusivity runs only a couple of months. After that all races go up for sale seperately. I did find a Q/A in one of the FAQS on the Chicagoland website that addressed single ticket sales for 2003. They said that demand for the ticket packs was so strong that individual tix would not be offered. Sure they're strong if that's the only choice you have! :angry:

Back
Top Bottom