I hope the #30 runs in the back this year

P

Parkfan

smack_tall_lg.jpg

Not classy at all.

I am a park fan myself, but I think starting over is a good thing for any driver, he will be in back in the cup series in no time.

Yeah I think so too, but this just makes me so mad! It's obvious the pricks who were talking trash behind Steves back last year are still working for the #30 team, with the exception of Beam.

Ya thats true, I dont worry about that too much because your going to find that anywhere, I dont think he should have gotten let go from #1 team, a team that actually respected him.

Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 14 2004, 08:52 PM
Yeah I think so too, but this just makes me so mad! It's obvious the pricks who were talking trash behind Steves back last year are still working for the #30 team, with the exception of Beam.
Dont worry, Steve's real fans know his talent!

Maybe they did that because they hadn't signed a driver when the photo was taken?? They just covered up the driver's face because they hadn't changed the design on the transporter or whatever that is. I'm sure the day Sauter was signed, everything with Park or Green on it was replaced.

Don't need to worry about it running in the back with Johnny Sauter driving.

Gosh, not covering up Steve's face would have been like keeping a picture of your ex girlfriend around for your new girlfriend to see.

Originally posted by gordon24fan@Jan 15 2004, 02:25 AM
Don't need to worry about it running in the back with Johnny Sauter driving.
Dont kid yourself. :D

When they replaced Jeff with Steve, they had Steve's face on the trailer the next week. They've had more than plenty of time to paint Johnnys face on it, they just thought they were being funny. And if Johnny doesn't run good right away you can bet the #30 crew will treat him the same, except Kevin Hamlin, he's classy.

Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 14 2004, 10:00 PM
When they replaced Jeff with Steve, they had Steve's face on the trailer the next week. They've had more than plenty of time to paint Johnnys face on it, they just thought they were being funny. And if Johnny doesn't run good right away you can bet the #30 crew will treat him the same, except Kevin Hamlin, he's classy.
I totally agree with you, doesnt matter who you throw in that car, if they dont do well, its going to be park all over again.

I like Steve but he has lost something. Its like he is just kind of out there turning laps he was not competitive at all last year. I really didnt want to believe that he has lost his touch but he has. I seriously doubt he will make a full return to cup and be competitve. Look at the times he had won the pole I dont think he led any laps evn though he was on the pole. I think Johnny Sauter stepping in for this team is a step in a positive direction and the face on the truck thing was probabaly just a joke.

Originally posted by Tommy29@Jan 14 2004, 09:18 PM
and the face on the truck thing was probabaly just a joke.
And that's what this whole topic is about, it's not funny. :angry:

Originally posted by Tommy29@Jan 14 2004, 10:18 PM
I like Steve but he has lost something. Its like he is just kind of out there turning laps he was not competitive at all last year. I really didnt want to believe that he has lost his touch but he has. I seriously doubt he will make a full return to cup and be competitve. Look at the times he had won the pole I dont think he led any laps evn though he was on the pole. I think Johnny Sauter stepping in for this team is a step in a positive direction and the face on the truck thing was probabaly just a joke.
A new driver was a step in the right direction, Unfortunatly I will have to say Sauter wasn't.

Originally posted by nascarfan48+Jan 14 2004, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nascarfan48 @ Jan 14 2004, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Jan 14 2004, 10:18 PM
I like Steve but he has lost something. Its like he is just kind of out there turning laps he was not competitive at all last year. I really didnt want to believe that he has lost his touch but he has.  I seriously doubt he will make a full return to cup and be competitve. Look at the times he had won the pole I dont think he led any laps evn though he was on the pole. I think Johnny Sauter stepping in for this team is a step in a positive direction and the face on the truck thing was probabaly just a joke.
A new driver was a step in the right direction, Unfortunatly I will have to say Sauter wasn't. [/b][/quote]
Guess I'd have to agree after what he did to Matt in the Richmond Busch race and his goon agreed it was the right thing to do. But the next day in the cup race...Ricky Rudd did it to the goon & it was the crime of the century. I used to stick up for Johnny, but he fits the typical RCR goon image, unlike a Steve Park or Jeff Green. Might be part of the reason they aren't there anymore.

Im curious at to when that picture was taken. The #30 crew is with Robby at the #31 now... Im not sure why they would even go back to the #30 transporter if its not their team anymore. Im going to hold out judgement until I see when that pic was taken, if we ever come to know.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Jan 14 2004, 11:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Jan 14 2004, 11:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -nascarfan48@Jan 14 2004, 09:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29
@Jan 14 2004, 10:18 PM
I like Steve but he has lost something. Its like he is just kind of out there turning laps he was not competitive at all last year. I really didnt want to believe that he has lost his touch but he has.  I seriously doubt he will make a full return to cup and be competitve. Look at the times he had won the pole I dont think he led any laps evn though he was on the pole. I think Johnny Sauter stepping in for this team is a step in a positive direction and the face on the truck thing was probabaly just a joke.

A new driver was a step in the right direction, Unfortunatly I will have to say Sauter wasn't.
Guess I'd have to agree after what he did to Matt in the Richmond Busch race and his goon agreed it was the right thing to do. But the next day in the cup race...Ricky Rudd did it to the goon & it was the crime of the century. I used to stick up for Johnny, but he fits the typical RCR goon image, unlike a Steve Park or Jeff Green. Might be part of the reason they aren't there anymore. [/b][/quote]
How come everyone acts like Kenseth didnt do anything to Sauter during that race at richmond? If anyone actually saw the race they would know that Kenseth had been pushing Johnny around the whole time he was in the lead.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jan 14 2004, 11:40 PM
I used to stick up for Johnny, but he fits the typical RCR goon image.
RCR goon image? You mean like, Goon Bros. Racing would be a better name? Surely Robby Gordon is the next one out if it's a "Goons only!" kind of club.

goon
n.
[Slang]
1. a ruffian or thug, esp. one hired to help break a strike, etc.

Yep, lots of strikebreaking going on here...sounds just like Robby Gordon (note the heavy sarcasm)

Well, I wouldve stayed silent however Richard Childress Racing has a heck of lot more championships and believe you me, regardless of whether or not you have a hatred for Harvick, Sauter or Gordon, they'll be winning championships that and RCR has a heck of a lot more class than the daycare program at Roach Racing so really nothing to be worried about IMO.

Anyway back to the point, though Johnny will be able to compete to Nextel Cup Rookie of the Year, I dont think he'll be able to make much difference with the competition between the rest of the teams. RCR is also more focused on the 29 and 31, Hendrick is more focused on the 24 and 48 and thats what will keep some of these rookies down.

Penske put more on the 12 than the 2 during Ryan's rookie year, so ya never know.. ;)

Originally posted by Tommy29@Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM

How come everyone acts like Kenseth didnt do anything to Sauter during that race at richmond? If anyone actually saw the race they would know that Kenseth had been pushing Johnny around the whole time he was in the lead.
Umm, let me see here. If you're leading, how the heck can you be pushing someone else around?

Childress drivers and fans whining about someone tapping them...what is this world coming to?

I say take the same medicine your idol dished out for 20 years and like it.

And as to the 30 running in the back...it always has, why would this year be any different?

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Jan 15 2004, 07:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Jan 15 2004, 07:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM

Umm, let me see here. If you're leading, how the heck can you be pushing someone else around?

Childress drivers and fans whining about someone tapping them...what is this world coming to?

I say take the same medicine your idol dished out for 20 years and like it.

And as to the 30 running in the back...it always has, why would this year be any different? [/b][/quote]
EMP, about the only thing I'd change on your post...it should read Richard Childish drivers.

Originally posted by Tommy29+Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tommy29 @ Jan 15 2004, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Jan 14 2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by -nascarfan48@Jan 14 2004, 09:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29
@Jan 14 2004, 10:18 PM

Guess I'd have to agree after what he did to Matt in the Richmond Busch race and his goon agreed it was the right thing to do. But the next day in the cup race...Ricky Rudd did it to the goon & it was the crime of the century. I used to stick up for Johnny, but he fits the typical RCR goon image, unlike a Steve Park or Jeff Green. Might be part of the reason they aren't there anymore.
How come everyone acts like Kenseth didnt do anything to Sauter during that race at richmond? If anyone actually saw the race they would know that Kenseth had been pushing Johnny around the whole time he was in the lead. [/b][/quote]
Thats what racing is all about, if you cant take the heat stay out of the fire!

Another same old tread. Bash Harvick and Gordon. Just another whine tread.

wow, its coming down to fords vs chevys
how about some toyota action to break the monotony

They have to redo the Trailer anyway.. new car design and new everything for that team.

Originally posted by esorlxaw@Jan 15 2004, 11:40 PM
wow, its coming down to fords vs chevys
Not sure where you pulled this one out of? But I could offer up a guess! :p

I could care less if Matt drove a pink Cady in the 500...it's not why he's my favorite driver. FYI...Matt was in a Chevy for five years in the Busch series ('97 to '01). '02 & '03 was the first time he drove Fords in Busch.

Back
Top Bottom