I thought a damn F-16 dropped a bomb

I was sitting about eight rows up from where Jr. slammed the wall and that's the first time in my life I ever flinched at a race track. That thing hit hard.

great find. Listening to DP she is really stressed in that car. :( Hope she turns it around.

great find. Listening to DP she is really stressed in that car. :( Hope she turns it around.
I agree, i know that a lot of people thinks she is just riding around back there, but i don't buy that for a second, i think she is trying her best but she just can't seem to get it figured out and it has her really frustrated.

It's interesting when you look at drivers like Danica, Montoya, Franchitti. Danica was really good in IndyCar. She wasn't elite but she was pretty solid. Montoya and Franchitti are two of the best open wheel drivers of their generations but they never really got a handle on stock car racing at the Cup level. I'm not discounting what they did in open wheels because I doubt many stock car guys could go over there and succeed either but I think it really shows how hard it is to drive a Cup car.

Think of all that goes into it.
-Heavy cars, easily worn tires.
-Track changes by temperature or sunlight
-The pack is ruthless. 30 competitive cars (could argue 35)
-How does an open wheel driver tell the crew chief what they are feeling.

Robin Miller, IndyCar analyst, once told me he doesn't think it takes much for an open-wheel driver to be competitive on an oval. It's all about the car. Well... road/street courses are a WHOLE other animal.

I feel for Danica, but I wouldn't have came over to NASCAR if I were her judging by the success level of transfers. Tony Stewart though... pretty impressive.

It's interesting when you look at drivers like Danica, Montoya, Franchitti. Danica was really good in IndyCar. She wasn't elite but she was pretty solid. Montoya and Franchitti are two of the best open wheel drivers of their generations but they never really got a handle on stock car racing at the Cup level. I'm not discounting what they did in open wheels because I doubt many stock car guys could go over there and succeed either but I think it really shows how hard it is to drive a Cup car.

Think of all that goes into it.
-Heavy cars, easily worn tires.
-Track changes by temperature or sunlight
-The pack is ruthless. 30 competitive cars (could argue 35)
-How does an open wheel driver tell the crew chief what they are feeling.

Robin Miller, IndyCar analyst, once told me he doesn't think it takes much for an open-wheel driver to be competitive on an oval. It's all about the car. Well... road/street courses are a WHOLE other animal.

I feel for Danica, but I wouldn't have came over to NASCAR if I were her judging by the success level of transfers. Tony Stewart though... pretty impressive.
Tony is one of those once in a generation drivers that can race for a win in any thing he sits in. Danica is not.

Thats why I say nascar drivers are tops in world

Believe in DP

Back
Top Bottom