If the glove doesn't fit!

That depends on what material was used to make the webbing, and to sew it in with, and whether the process of sewing compromised the original material and / or webbing.

What it doesn't depend on is, the rules say don't modify the certificated gear. That's undebatable.
This is about NASCAR being pissed off IMO. This isn't about safety. This is about bravado. What is painful is to listen to Sawyer trying to convince us otherwise. Just apply the penalty, and move on.

This is about NASCAR being pissed off IMO. This isn't about safety. This is about bravado. What is painful is to listen to Sawyer trying to convince us otherwise. Just apply the penalty, and move on.
Why do you think NASCAR is pissed off?

Why do you think NASCAR is pissed off?
They obsessively try to level the playing field, and Penske does this...I mean did anybody think of a webbed glove as a competitive advantage? What else are they missing? As noted, the rules are clear.....that must at least frustrate them.....and the penalty is more about a shot over the bow than a legit eye for an eye type of thing. This is a **** around and find out.....Games and saving face.

They obsessively try to level the playing field, and Penske does this...I mean did anybody think of a webbed glove as a competitive advantage? What else are they missing? As noted, the rules are clear.....that must at least frustrate them.....and the penalty is more about a shot over the bow than a legit eye for an eye type of thing. This is a **** around and find out.....Games and saving face.
They were definitely out to make a point, and pretty much succeeded. 😉

They were definitely out to make a point, and pretty much succeeded. 😉
I don't know why, but when I found out what Joey had done, I thought it was so cool.......Made me smile. Love this sport. You pour millions into the development of a new car.....and it was like.....well, let's see if this helps.....LOL.

I don't know why, but when I found out what Joey had done, I thought it was so cool.......Made me smile. Love this sport. You pour millions into the development of a new car.....and it was like.....well, let's see if this helps.....LOL.
That was some pretty good ingenuity. They just needed to figure away to blend the glove with the net a little better so they wouldn’t get caught. 😉

That was some pretty good ingenuity. They just needed to figure away to blend the glove with the net a little better so they wouldn’t get caught. 😉
It's what makes this sport great.....I mean all of the tech, the sims, the SMT.....and the seamstress? ;)

How long before glove makers come out with one like that? Then what would Nascar do?

They need to auction off the glove to offset the fine lol. I bet it would bring in some money. Have Logano autograph it. Or donate it to Logano's favorite charity.
That is ****** awesome! Great idea!

This is what I love so much about racing. I'd be willing to bet they'll be some rule coming out about this before Talladega.

It also shows how much Nascar has neutered these guys with the new car that they even came up with something like this.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

What about the drivers with bigger hands, now size matters! :p
They need to set a fingernail spec etc. Longer fingernails, oversized rings etc could be utilized as gloved extensions.

A squared anti- aerodynamic helmet spec would also be safer. The rounded bullet shaped ones might tempt a driver to maintain a peculiar unsafe head postion for the best yaw.

Back
Top Bottom