In the style of Whizzer...

H

Happy29

Could NASCAR realign its schedule? Yes.

NASCAR needs to expand to other markets such as the Northwestern American region consisting of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and states, there are also other states such as Nebraska, North Dakota and Wisconsin that require big league tracks, and that basically devoid of any racing, although in some states beforementioned do entertain the Busch Series and lower leagues, but really, are those reallly types of racing?

But the bigger issue at stake is... short tracks.... do they provide any sort of entertainment at all?

Does one really consider, short tracks as a form of entertainment? Would anyone really prefer a type of track where cars wreck almost every ten laps and where one man leads every lap? Bristol and Martinsville are more demolition derby and WWF-style entertainment that the uneducated stiff would prefer to hoot and yell at whenever one wrecks and could careless about the racing because he is most likely intoxicated and passed out before race's end.

At Talladega Superspeedway, during the 2003 Aarons 499 which overshadows any race at Bristol. 43 - Sixteen drivers swapped the lead 43 times, the most lead changes at Talladega since Dale Earnhardt's incredible 18th-to-1st in five laps in the 2000 EA SPORTS 500. There were 49 lead changes during that race while at Bristol, 8 with 11 lead changes during the 2003 Sharpie 500. Is that nothing short of boring? Yes. Hark and Yay, it is boring to the lot of us. Quote from Sarah D. Bunting, an MSNBC Contributor.

"No experience in film? No innovative ideas? No problem!"

Another from Paige Newman, an MSNBC Contributor:

"Thank goodness, then, that spring has finally arrived. The months of May and June are full of highly anticipated films. The sequels to “Shrek,” and “Spider-Man” as well as the return of the event film with “The Day After Tomorrow” and “Troy.” Will Brad Pitt be this year's Russell Crowe? Will people line up at the theaters to see a tidal wave hit New York City? Time and box office numbers will tell the tale."

What do those quotes have to do with anything? We can watch movies while short tracks bore us to death.

But to those millions of short track followers, short track racing is almost like WWF, yes, they hit the wall, they hit again and they hit again, both entertainment nothing more. Short track racing is nothing more than a demolition derby, one could care less who survives the race, because again, the fan would be intoxicated and passed out before races end. Short track racing is real racing? Oh please, one person leads the race, another wrecks and caution laps take up the entire duration all this while one gets intoxicated in the stands and is too hung over the next morning to even remember who the race.

Short track racing is nothing but laughable. No racing at all.

I will wrap up with the last three paragraphs to President Bush's state of the union address:

I've been witness to the character of the people of America, who have shown calm in times of danger, compassion for one another, and toughness for the long haul. All of us have been partners in a great enterprise. And even some of the youngest understand that we are living in historic times. Last month a girl in Lincoln, Rhode Island, sent me a letter. It began, "Dear George W. Bush. If there's anything you know, I, Ashley Pearson, age 10, can do to help anyone, please send me a letter and tell me what I can do to save our country." She added this P.S.: "If you can send a letter to the troops, please put, 'Ashley Pearson believes in you.'" (Applause.)

Tonight, Ashley, your message to our troops has just been conveyed. And, yes, you have some duties yourself. Study hard in school, listen to your mom or dad, help someone in need, and when you and your friends see a man or woman in uniform, say, "thank you." (Applause.) And, Ashley, while you do your part, all of us here in this great chamber will do our best to keep you and the rest of America safe and free. (Applause.)

My fellow citizens, we now move forward, with confidence and faith. Our nation is strong and steadfast. The cause we serve is right, because it is the cause of all mankind. The momentum of freedom in our world is unmistakable -- and it is not carried forward by our power alone. We can trust in that greater power who guides the unfolding of the years. And in all that is to come, we can know that His purposes are just and true.

From dictionary.com

schiz·o·phre·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skts-frn-, -frn-)
n.
Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances.

whizzer has forgotten more about racing than you'll ever know. <_<

Originally posted by Happy29@Apr 20 2004, 10:01 PM
>>..........there are also other states such as Nebraska, North Dakota.......... that require big league tracks,.............<<

:XXROFL:

Originally posted by Happy29@Apr 20 2004, 08:01 PM
NASCAR needs to expand to other markets such as the Northwestern American region consisting of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and states, there are also other states such as Nebraska, North Dakota and Wisconsin that require big league tracks, and that basically devoid of any racing, although in some states beforementioned do entertain the Busch Series and lower leagues, but really, are those reallly types of racing?

Let's see, guys like Matt Kenseth, Scott Wimmer, Johnny Sauter, Travis Kvapil, Ted Musgrave, Dick Trickle, Alan Kulwicki, Dave Marcis, Mike Bliss, David Stremme, Mark Martin & Rusty Wallace had to start somewhere. The short tracks of Wisconsin are as good as any...all though the last four mentioned drivers didn't start up here, but lived up here while running in the ASA or ARTGO series. But I'd say some of these guys are/were top drivers in Winston Cup & they cut their teeth on the tracks you pooh-poohed.

Milwaukee may not have a Winston Cup race, but that's more of an issue of the politicians in this state not having any foresight. Carl Haas wanted to re-build the stands at the Mile years ago, with his own money no less, but the state told him no. With newer tracks built that only hold Busch and CTS series events, I'm guessing the state realized if they didn't do something soon...they may loose NASCAR all together.

The Mile has held a Cart/Indy race for as long as I can remember. This year they will add an IRL race to the schedule. Road America in Elkhart Lake has been a stop for the CART series for quite a few years. I'd call CART & IRL big league racing.

I can leave my house and within an 1 1/2 hour drive or less be at ten different local tracks watching stock car racing on asphalt, sprints on dirt or carting on a road course. And there are at least that many more in the rest of the state.

I cannot wait for Whizzer to see this. Happy, I guess I'm gonna have to say this for a third time! Please take your medication! You will never in your lifetime possess the knowledge and experience that Whizzer has of racing. He has more knowledge of racing in his pinkie finger than you have in your entire peabrain!

Originally posted by majestyx@Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
I cannot wait for Whizzer to see this. Happy, I guess I'm gonna have to say this for a third time! Please take your medication! You will never in your lifetime possess the knowledge and experience that Whizzer has of racing. He has more knowledge of racing in his pinkie finger than you have in your entire peabrain!
Ouch! That was brutal.

Originally posted by 17_Fan+Apr 20 2004, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (17_Fan @ Apr 20 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
I cannot wait for Whizzer to see this.&nbsp; Happy, I guess I'm gonna have to say this for a third time!&nbsp; Please take your medication!&nbsp; You will never in your lifetime possess the knowledge and experience that Whizzer has of racing.&nbsp; He has more knowledge of racing in his pinkie finger than you have in your entire peabrain!
Ouch! That was brutal. [/b][/quote]
Ya think? :huh:

:)

Originally posted by majestyx+Apr 20 2004, 09:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Apr 20 2004, 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -17_Fan@Apr 20 2004, 10:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--majestyx
@Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
I cannot wait for Whizzer to see this.  Happy, I guess I'm gonna have to say this for a third time!  Please take your medication!  You will never in your lifetime possess the knowledge and experience that Whizzer has of racing.  He has more knowledge of racing in his pinkie finger than you have in your entire peabrain!

Ouch! That was brutal.
Ya think? :huh:

:) [/b][/quote]
Ummm...yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. :blink:

Inject solution, and watch the fun. You go Happy. :rolleyes: I smell leftovers around this place. B)

Happy, have you gone mad? Short track racing is boring?
Short track racing is what MADE NASCAR what it is today..... 99.999% of the drivers started out on short tracks, not these plate tracks.

Happy, you really should have posted this on the Grill! I got a good chuckle out of it.

Originally posted by kat2220@Apr 20 2004, 11:26 PM
Happy, you really should have posted this on the Grill! I got a good chuckle out of it.
:p Good one kat.

Sixteen drivers swapped the lead 43 times, the most lead changes at Talladega since Dale Earnhardt's incredible 18th-to-1st in five laps in the 2000 EA SPORTS 500.
and how many of those were under green flag stops?

Originally posted by majestyx@Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
I think this is a little rough. Especially coming from a moderater. You are supposed to prevent name calling. Yes, I understand some of it may be tongue and cheek, but not everyone that posts or just stops by this board understands your relationship. Who is to say that Happy won't go out and study and learn about racing. Maybe he didn't happen to know many that raced.

Back to the topic at hand. Wisconsin has a great history of Racing. 17_Fan you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the truth sometimew is rough,

if you think that was rough you might want to NOT visit some of the other forums out there, this one is mild in comparison. :)

by the way short track racin rules !!!!
plate racin (if you can call it that) is nothing more than a show it ain't real racin !

de7xwcc is right - there are some boards that are patroled by a hoarding bunch of idiots. I haven't been on this board for that long but it seems as though 99.99% of the people here, though passionate about their opinions, at least have respect for other people.

As for racing here or there, this track or that track; I'm not sure I totally understand why people don't like certain tracks...I can only guess it's because their driver hasn't done well there. I like them all and even though it would be cool to see racing in more northern areas, let's face it - there just isn't enough weekends in the year. No one want's to see a race leave their track and unless nascar runs races in the winter down south, I don't see that happening. Do any of the tracks "deserve" more than one race when there are fans all over the US who would like to see racing closer to them?

If Nascar wants excitement, how about a new years day race somewhere in Wisconsin. If fans can set for 5 hours for a football game, surely they can handle a car race. A domed short track is surely in the works! :D

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Apr 21 2004, 10:20 AM
de7xwcc is right - there are some boards that are patroled by a hoarding bunch of idiots. I haven't been on this board for that long but it seems as though 99.99% of the people here, though passionate about their opinions, at least have respect for other people.

If Nascar wants excitement, how about a new years day race somewhere in Wisconsin. If fans can set for 5 hours for a football game, surely they can handle a car race. A domed short track is surely in the works! :D
That's why this board is different. It doesn't put up with the name calling.

They need to have a hole in the roof and a lake in the middle so we can ice fish while the race is going on.

hmmmmm I think this board is somewhat hipocritical, I one time called someone's post stupid and I got warned not to attack or call people names and all I was doing was attacking a post and like I said once before the mods to one hell of a job :cheers: but I made a point a month ago about being more consistent on who they critizize. My brother got a PM not to use harshful language and all he used was words like crap and crapper and he was told to clean up his posts, now I've used those words and some others like damn, a$$ and a couple of days ago i saw someone use gawd dam and I saw some others push the envelope and nothing was ever said to me or the others, I'm just tryin to defend my brother, He has'nt really been on here since he got PM'd and I don't blame him. Well that's my opinion, it may not be worth much but it's mine :)

Short track racing is the most popular racing in Nascar. Tracks like Bristol and Martinville sell out a year in advance. Tallagada on the other hand you can walk up to the ticket booth on the day of the race and get decent tickets. I know that cause I have been there. :cheers:

Originally posted by Dinoforthe3+Apr 21 2004, 08:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dinoforthe3 @ Apr 21 2004, 08:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
I cannot wait for Whizzer to see this.&nbsp; Happy, I guess I'm gonna have to say this for a third time!&nbsp; Please take your medication!&nbsp; You will never in your lifetime possess the knowledge and experience that Whizzer has of racing.&nbsp; He has more knowledge of racing in his pinkie finger than you have in your entire peabrain!
I think this is a little rough. Especially coming from a moderater. You are supposed to prevent name calling. Yes, I understand some of it may be tongue and cheek, but not everyone that posts or just stops by this board understands your relationship. Who is to say that Happy won't go out and study and learn about racing. Maybe he didn't happen to know many that raced.

Back to the topic at hand. Wisconsin has a great history of Racing. 17_Fan you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
Agreed that was harsh on Happy he's just stating his opinion. I think Majestyx should apolgise for what was said I mean youre a mod. I'd expect someone like me to say something like that but whatever.

Continuing……………………………….In the style of Whizzer by trying to decide if the original post by Happy29 was an attempt at humor or intended as an imitation even though it has been said, "imitation is the most sincere form of flattery". I seriously doubt Happy29 was trying to flatter me.

So I'll critique his effort. There is too much rambling and run-on, the president’s quotes were unnecessary. The information and comparisons of short track racing lacked research and targeted all fans as intoxicated. In general, the post was uninformative, lacking in knowledge and even if written in jest was poorly written.

Definitely not my style of writing but it did reveal information about the poster.

I remember the days Happy29 is experiencing now, even pulling one or two dumb stunts myself in an effort to impress the population with my vast reservoir of what I thought was knowledge. Having had that life experience fifty years ago, it is easy to understand the difficulties and injustices that arise in the time period between puberty and becoming an adult.
This time frame in a persons life is a lot like losing your first love and it too shall pass. Age has a way of doing that. Growing up is tough. :cheers

Wise-yes.

Tactful-as tactful as 2x4 upside the head.... :D ;)

Who knows what is flattery or a good ribbing...regardless I sure hope we can all shake hands at the end of the day...

Better yet...I hope we can all :cheers:

Originally posted by Guido+Apr 22 2004, 12:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guido @ Apr 22 2004, 12:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--majestyx@Apr 22 2004, 10:14 AM
Much more tactful than I, Guido!&nbsp; ;)

Why, Maj! What makes you say that? :p :lol: [/b][/quote]
Oh, let's see, where should I begin!?!?
AS posted by Dino:

AS posted by steveluvs3:
hmmmmm I think this board is somewhat hipocritical

AS posted by Tommy29:
I think Majestyx should apolgise for what was said I mean youre a mod.

:wacko:

:eek:

Was it just a blonde moment? :lol:

That's OK Maj!

Your still OK in my book! ;)

Originally posted by Guido@Apr 22 2004, 03:05 PM
:eek:

Was it just a blonde moment? :lol:

That's OK Maj!

Your still OK in my book! ;)
That must be it, Guido~I was having a blonde moment!!! B)

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Apr 21 2004, 10:20 AM
There you go! Put spikes on the wheels & run on a frozen lake. Dirt bikes & ATV's already do!

Originally posted by Dinoforthe3@Apr 21 2004, 07:49 AM
Back to the topic at hand. Wisconsin has a great history of Racing. 17_Fan you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My bad though...I said Mike Bliss used to live in Wisconsin & raced in the ASA, but I meant to say it was Tony Raines.

Back
Top Bottom