Indy RACE thread

Love it that my guys are pushing the envelope. No biggie. Makar doesn't think it's anything huge. **** happens.
yeah Makar doesn't say much. :biggrin: Plays a mean fiddle though

images

Aren't the block-off plates supposed to seal the driver's compartment from smoke and fire?

Your post is well taken, however, I would point out that: 1) Don't know if there's been a rule broken, 2) IF there was an alteration, don't know that it put Denny at risk, and 3) I would venture to say that IF anything was done, and IF it put the driver at risk, it's nothing compared to the idiotic air pressures some are running when Goodyear has advised otherwise. I mean, the car connects to the road in 4 places. Screwing with that isn't any less of a risk than what JGR MIGHT have done.

While it appeared that attendance was up slightly from last year at Indy, the TV ratings were not. Yesterday's race overnighted at a 3.2 rating, down 11% from the 3.6 rating the race got in 2013.

Glad for ChexorWrex, your guy did good.

As far as the race, well, pretty much as expected, follow the leader, only action of any kind on restarts. But as always race was a 10.

I was really surprised at the grandstands, just tells you the show ain't that good or local promoter sucks, one or the other. I have been at that track once for a race and there will never be a second time.

I was really surprised at the grandstands, just tells you the show ain't that good or local promoter sucks, one or the other. I have been at that track once for a race and there will never be a second time.

From one standpoint the crowd looked thin, yes. But from the other side, Indy is so huge that 100,000 people would look like a small crowd.

While it appeared that attendance was up slightly from last year at Indy, the TV ratings were not. Yesterday's race overnighted at a 3.2 rating, down 11% from the 3.6 rating the race got in 2013.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 56m
ESPN says Brickyard rating was a 3.2 overnight, down from 3.4 last year. But rating in Indy itself was a 15.0 — up from 13.8 last year.

Pulled a 3.6 last year according to Jayski, but I guess the rating is down either way. Haven't heard the actual viewership numbers yet.
I think last year's overnight was the 3.4 and the final was 3.6, which should be out in a few days. Regardless, NASCAR will probably point towards the 0.2 the NY Red Bulls-Arsenal match on ESPN2 pulled as the reason for the decline. :dunce:

Those NASCAR-Soccer fans are killing the ratings this year. Maybe NASCAR should start handing out Red Cards if you spin a guy out, then they can get the tv ratings back up.

The changes bedding made to the apron might help.
They're proposing that the apron be banked at 9 degrees, basically just widening the track. If it were flatter than the current racing groove and created a variable banking as it used to before 1993 I could see it helping out a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom