Is Kyle Busch Ruining NASCAR?

Skoalbandit33, I don't think I've ever heard anyone call Kyle either "macho" or "cool".

Team Penske, I say it's definitely the cars. Whoever they put in those cars "gets it done". I've liked Hornish since he was in IRL/Indycar, but he never set the stock car world on fire, hadn't raced in over a year, comes back for one race and absolutely dominates Iowa.... :idunno:

I was just speculating on why some people like Kyle's ever present petulance and insolence as it makes no sense to me.

I don't recall exactly when he-man strength and heavyweight contender fighting skills disappeared as prerequisites for being a good driver, but it's been a while. I saw Bobby and Donnie and Cale having a gropefest on the Daytona backstretch in 1979, and that was a pussified thing for sure.

IDK where you are coming from as I never said strength or fighting were prerequisites to racing at anytime. In fact I have never even considered it but back in the days of heavier cars and no power steering a stronger upper body wouldn't have hurt. Do you keep getting up on the wrong side of the bed or something?

. When did the newer fans stop understanding this? Was it because the talking heads on tv stopped talking about it? I remember Benny and Ned used to talk about teams , but I guess it has been dropped for emphasis on the 'star power' of individual drivers . Another part of Nascar gone .

What newer fans?

What newer fans?[/QUOTE]. Are you ok ? You don't seem to be your usual bubbly self .

I am surprised as some folks really like his schtick as they think it is macho and cool I guess but it doesn't play where I come from.

I never have to worry if Kyle cares. People hate Jimmie's vanilla, and they hate Kyle's stuff. Maybe people just hate. I don't need or want somebody to be role model for my kid or me. I want a wheelman obsessed with winning, and repulsed by losing. I have that. I do understand those who hate his "schtick," but I really don't care. I am good with the boors and the jeers, but I personally don't understand the dude that stuck his middle finger in Kyle's face a couple of years ago in Fontana. Not sure what the expectation of Kyle is in that instance, but I am pretty sure that it would be unreasonable. I have never heard of anybody who thought Kyle was a prick when they had the chance to hang with him one-on-one. So, hate the Kyle Busch product if you will, but don't judge Kyle Busch the man because we don't necessarily see that. FWIW, the new Kyle/old Kyle stuff is complete bull****. Kyle the man isn't in public view. He changed the product to retain employment. I would suspect that all of us do the same damn thing.

IDK where you are coming from as I never said strength or fighting were prerequisites to racing at anytime.
Except that the Skoal Bandit is going to break his bones and send him running to Mommy in fear. And I'm pretty sure I read a recent gripe about the decline of strength and I'm pretty sure it was posted by you. I didn't get out of bed wrong, but I don't like cheap shots from people who claim to be Nascar fans, and the board has been chock full of them lately. There are plenty of legitimate Nascar gripes, and then there is just plain old dredging up stuff to whine about.

No. Kyle is fine. NASCAR and the constant tinkering are the problem.

Well, that and Toyota being allowed to cheat!:dirtbike:

Kyle has simply existed long enough for his superiors to age and retire or grow complacent. He isn't even close to a Mark Martin or Rusty Wallace. Not in the same breathe as Gordon, Johnson, or Earnhardt.

He's on par with his brother...a fake championship won amidst dubious circumstances.

I just like looking at Samantha. NIce little jumpsuit on camera this weekend, more like the racing highlight of the weekend. Almost had a navel shot during the Nascar coverage, as rare as exposed ankle in Tehran.

Kyle aint ruining nascar. He is a breath of fresh air surronded by the plastic packaging Nascar demands.

Except that the Skoal Bandit is going to break his bones and send him running to Mommy in fear. And I'm pretty sure I read a recent gripe about the decline of strength and I'm pretty sure it was posted by you. I didn't get out of bed wrong, but I don't like cheap shots from people who claim to be Nascar fans, and the board has been chock full of them lately. There are plenty of legitimate Nascar gripes, and then there is just plain old dredging up stuff to whine about.

Jeez you make Denny Hamlin seem like a laugh a minute! By chance do you have an engineering background because if so it explains a lot.

I said something like Harry could break every bone in Kyle's hand with a medium handshake and that with a stare he could make Kyle run to a corner and cry for his mommy and his blankie. Do you think that I meant that literally, do you think that satire and hyperbole may have been involved? Surely you are not that daft! Someone else said even at 75 Harry could give Kyle a whipping. Do you think that comment was meant literally too?

Good God, man, get a hold of yourself and don't take things so seriously and grow a thicker skin or even a light to medium thickness of skin!!! I swear if you are not an engineer you must be related to one or have an interest in it as it would explain everything.

^ closet engineer ...

Most of the engineers I have met have very high intelligence and can figure out the impossible but if they walked out into the rain with an umbrella they wouldn't deploy it. A fascinating breed indeed.

Kyle has simply existed long enough for his superiors to age and retire or grow complacent. He isn't even close to a Mark Martin or Rusty Wallace. Not in the same breathe as Gordon, Johnson, or Earnhardt.

He's on par with his brother...a fake championship won amidst dubious circumstances.
Uh, Kurt won his championship under the pre-Chase system.

To answer your original question "Is Kyle Busch Ruining NASCAR" ?

Hell no!

Do I like him, not at all, he is way to arrogant, do I respect his abilities, hell yeah, he can damn sure get it done behind the wheel. The rest of the bunch need to step up.JMHO
This. Even those who don't like him secretly know he can flat out drive a car. Like Ironhead told Kurt Busch, "...it doesn't matter if fans boo or cheer, as long as they're making noise."

I've only warmed to Kyle in the last few years, the guy was a mega-douche until around 2012 or so (although many would argue he still is). I think the consequences of the Hornaday incident in late 2011 woke him up a bit, and he seems to have matured a lot since then.
2011----NOBODY SHOULD GET AWAY WITH WHAT HE DID. and you know it. Lets say the shoe was on the other foot, would honrady be suspended for ever? OH YEAH----is nascar is as crooked as hillliary and donald. You'd have to be blind not t notice.. Did nascar car ever reveal the #20 penalty??????Hell No.. Season champ? KB- CE-MT- MK and 6th.- DH It's in stone already and everyone (knowlegdeable) knows it.

Last edited:
2011----NOBODY SHOULD GET AWAY WITH WHAT HE DID. and you know it. Lets say the shoe was on the other foot, would honrady be suspended for ever? OH YEAH----is nascar is as crooked as hillliary and donald. You'd have to be blind not t notice.. Did nascar car ever reveal the #20 penalty??????Hell No.. Season champ? KB- CE-MT- MK and 6th.- DH It's in stone already and everyone (knowlegdeable) knows it.
:confused:

I said something like Harry could break every bone in Kyle's hand with a medium handshake and that with a stare he could make Kyle run to a corner and cry for his mommy and his blankie. Do you think that I meant that literally, do you think that satire and hyperbole may have been involved? Surely you are not that daft! Someone else said even at 75 Harry could give Kyle a whipping. Do you think that comment was meant literally too?
Satire you say? Still literally true.

By chance do you have an engineering background because if so it explains a lot.
Not an engineer and your hyperbole was clear. Just don't like cheap shots and often call them out.

iWKad22.jpg

1da85ad3268db6bd9baac54bbcaa2d2d7c3a7e601e81b3e09b1d58bd6978c4e4.jpg

Can we stop throwing shade at this?

Kyle has won a championship, yes we talk about the Chase or anything else. At the end of the day he WON at Homestead and hoisted that trophy high.

I love Mark, but sadly he never got to do that. Did anyone complain when he dominated in that #60 for years? No disrespect to Mark because he is one of the greatest to do it, ever. The gentlemen driver of NASCAR, our Stirling Moss of NASCAR. Never won the big trophy, but was incredible and Mark's longevity to be competitive for over 30 years was amazing to see. I wanted him to win it in 2009 so bad...

Kyle was hot at this same time of year last year, don't be surprised if he repeats. We need to stop hating and give him credit. His personality is not the best, he can be a sour puss, etc. I get it, but he earned that throphy because he played the game right and beat everyone else...

I was a huge hater, but I give Kyle all of the credit in the world because he deserves it. I can't hate anymore, he's done it all. He's right there with Jimmie of the greatest driver of the past decade.

Guess what, we are going to see a lot more of this. Kyle is only 31, so I guess we are going to be crying for a long time coming.

I wonder if all 40 ( remember when there were 99 at Langhore) cars were Toyota if Kyle would dominate. I agree KB has ruined xfinity and has since 2008 with NOS

The interesting thing about Kyle's dominance is that he only gets it done in JGR cars. When he raced out of his own shop with his brother and a big sponsor they did nothing. Joey Logano was also dominant when driving JGR cars. So I am giving the credit to the cars and not the driver.

Kyle led laps and contended to win against Gibbs, Penske, and Hendrick that season in that single car startup team. You think that's a knock against his driving abilities?

iWKad22.jpg

1da85ad3268db6bd9baac54bbcaa2d2d7c3a7e601e81b3e09b1d58bd6978c4e4.jpg

Can we stop throwing shade at this?

Kyle has won a championship, yes we talk about the Chase or anything else. At the end of the day he WON at Homestead and hoisted that trophy high.

I love Mark, but sadly he never got to do that. Did anyone complain when he dominated in that #60 for years? No disrespect to Mark because he is one of the greatest to do it, ever. The gentlemen driver of NASCAR, our Stirling Moss of NASCAR. Never won the big trophy, but was incredible and Mark's longevity to be competitive for over 30 years was amazing to see. I wanted him to win it in 2009 so bad...

Kyle was hot at this same time of year last year, don't be surprised if he repeats. We need to stop hating and give him credit. His personality is not the best, he can be a sour puss, etc. I get it, but he earned that throphy because he played the game right and beat everyone else...

I was a huge hater, but I give Kyle all of the credit in the world because he deserves it. I can't hate anymore, he's done it all. He's right there with Jimmie of the greatest driver of the past decade.

Guess what, we are going to see a lot more of this. Kyle is only 31, so I guess we are going to be crying for a long time coming.

I seriously hope no one actually does hate or has hated any Nascar driver or stick and ball athlete as hate is the most worthless emotion going. I can't imagine being so angry or upset at a person I don't know, don't want to know and never will know to the point where I am ceding parts of my life over to him or her.

Like I have said before Kyle is a total douche but an excellent wheelman and I have no problem acknowledging him as last year's Nascar lottery champ. As with most others I see the method Nascar uses to crown a champ as illegitimate and have not recognized as Nascar champion since JJ won his last. In fact I have lamented that both Johnson and Knaus got screwed by being denied the chance to go for 7.

Back
Top Bottom