Is Nascar Doomed?

M

millermagic

I am thinking that Nascar is Doomed and is not going to be around too much longer. Myself, I don't like the change of the points system and the slow down on caution, and not racing in the rain, it just seems like it is going to ruin nascar; the way I look at it, the changes are bad and are going to ruin nascar. Also, I will refuse to watch nascar, not that it will do anything, if Toyota gets into Nascar. I do not think that any forign car should be entered into an american racing sport... but that's just me. So, what does everyone else think, is nascar doomed, or is it opened the door to a bright new future.

Although I don't like the "free lap" rule and feel that Nascar makes some pretty dumb decisions, I don't think it is doomed. There will always be people following Nascar, willing to pay the high price to go to a race for love of the sport.

Did I miss something also with the points change? I didn't think it was done deal.

I too don't really want to see Toyota enter the sport, I just hope that Chevy shows them who the top dog is. ^_^

well, toyotas are pretty much made in the USA while Chevy's are mostly in Mexico...so I guess the nationality of cars is pretty skewed anymore.

Originally posted by millermagic@Jan 6 2004, 10:47 AM
But..... Toyota started in japan
That's about as bad as saying that only Southerners can race a Cup car! How prejudicial! I say, the more the merrier! The points have not been officially altered to this date, and hopefully they will only get a minor tweaking and not this 26-10 race crap that has been proposed.

Just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary!

Originally posted by millermagic@Jan 6 2004, 11:47 AM
But..... Toyota started in japan
and most americans started out in other countries, but that seemed to work out pretty well for most of us.

I wouldnt mind seeing Toyota in NASCAR, I would encourage other manufacturers to also come in and to say that you wouldnt want them in just because its foreign is prejudicial. Other American racing leagues have taken in foreign manufacturers, and theyre turning out just fine.

I think it's time that the traditionalists of the sport accept the changes. I think NASCAR is headed toward a bright future with these new changes and new sponsors, well except for that playoff system, whether or not its a good deal remains to be seen, I'm getting a bit unsure of it myself. Just my opinion, your responses will probably vary.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jan 6 2004, 11:32 AM

I too don't really want to see Toyota enter the sport, I just hope that Chevy shows them who the top dog is. ^_^
Seeing as GM now builds Toyota's motors, I'd say it's moot.

Keep Toyota out too while we're discussing it. I may be in the minority, but I'm used to that.

nastycar are their own worst enemy.
sooner or later they are going to do something that pi**es the fans of just one to many times. Look at baseball its just a shadow of what it once was

When did NASCAR race in the rain? I must have missed that! If NASCAR does go, it's because they got greedy and priced themselves out of the sport. How many companies can afford to keep giving millions and millions and the price is going up every year which comes down to the regular fan paying more and more for tickets, souvenirs, etc. Only the rich will be able to buy those "luxuries" and the regular fan will be a thing of the past, and the rich will get bored and move on to something else. :(

Nascar could in fact be doomed, yes.

But dont blame Toyota or the points system or the addition of Nextel, etc,etc.

Blame instead NASCAR's neverending celebrity seeking hunger and profit at any cost mentality. Blame moving races from The Carolina's to California.

Blame NASCAR and their quest for the perfect pop culture icon -wannabe rockstar 'driver'. Tickled to death Sheryl and KidRock and all those idiots are on board.Jack Ingram and Red Farmer---pop idols!! MTV,man. Blame that crap.

While we are at it blame NASCAR for no longer wanting to dance with those that brung 'em. The working class white guy is not very fashionable, after all. Give every conceivable numerically challenged member(AKA Minorities) of society equal opportunity to race and win!

And most of all, sense we are naming possible reasons NASCAR could go the way of the AFL---blame the average fan that has turned into such a cynic where the sport is concerned. The fan that see's ridiculous inequities on one hand and hears boasts of 'parity' on the other. The fan that see's blatant references to 'THE RULE BOOK' ...but is pretty certain the rules are made to fit the situation.

Hell..blame all of that.

Only history will tell the tale but hell yeah, Nascar could be doomed.

On the other hand it could be the new hip-hop approved wave of the future.My guess is that it will in fact survive but in a much altered state than we are used too.

There is a lot of things happening in Nascar that is going to hurt it. The lucky dog junk. This new crap they want the 10 race play off or what ever they call it . But I don't think it's doomed. But it is gonna be hurt. :angry:

Originally posted by millermagic@Jan 6 2004, 11:22 AM
I am thinking that Nascar is Doomed and is not going to be around too much longer. Myself, I don't like the change of the points system and the slow down on caution, and not racing in the rain, it just seems like it is going to ruin nascar; the way I look at it, the changes are bad and are going to ruin nascar. Also, I will refuse to watch nascar, not that it will do anything, if Toyota gets into Nascar. I do not think that any forign car should be entered into an american racing sport... but that's just me. So, what does everyone else think, is nascar doomed, or is it opened the door to a bright new future.
:newbie:, ya gotta love um

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Jan 6 2004, 01:33 PM
I do believe NASCAR had a "foreign" car win back in the 50s --- a Jaguar, if memory serves.

I say, the more the merrier.
Ur correct about Jaguar being the only foreign MFG'd car to win in NASCAR's top series.

I don't care to see Toyota come into this Series,Nissan,Hyundai,Diahtsu,Mazda and others will follow in the future IMO.This after GM withdrew support for Pontiac,sad really.Maybe Ford will be dropped from the Series in the future so that Nissan can come into the sport :lol: :eek:

I don't believe that 10 race play-off senario will come to frutition either,certainly hope not anyway ;)
A few more points for the winner would be a good thing,but I doubt if that even happens,JMO

Just so you guys know the guy who started this topic here referred me to this site and it was his plan for me to spam up this site so take out your anger on him!!!

Originally posted by racingsuxballz@Jan 7 2004, 03:23 PM
Just so you guys know the guy who started this topic here referred me to this site and it was his plan for me to spam up this site so take out your anger on him!!!
Well, then why don't you let us know who it was so that we can! :wacko:

Originally posted by majestyx+Jan 7 2004, 04:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Jan 7 2004, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--racingsuxballz@Jan 7 2004, 03:23 PM
Well, then why don't you let us know who it was so that we can! :wacko: [/b][/quote]
it says right next to the topic name in the topic list.

Well, so far all you have managed to do is to get the thread you started deleted, and to this point, you haven't been banned. Keep trying, tho'. I'm sure that you will succeed. ;)

well thanks for the support, *******! I hope I get banned from this place. I'll just make another name and spam again. I'll keep doing it and doing it and doing it, and non of you can stop me.

Edit: love the lack of creativity!

oh boy, using language like that really offends me, especially when it's used to refer to maj...

Originally posted by esorlxaw@Jan 7 2004, 03:45 PM
oh boy, using language like that really offends me, especially when it's used to refer to maj...
I kinda got a kick out of it axl! ;)

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha soo friggin funny!! BAN ME PLEASE!!

Originally posted by racingsuxballz@Jan 7 2004, 03:49 PM
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha soo friggin funny!! BAN ME PLEASE!!
Why should we just give in to your expectations, your wishes, your demands?????

cuz i'll just keep spamming and doing stupid stuff like this

Yep. A shame you couldnt even be creative racingsuxball-less. A cheap shot like that? Ok.

This one lacks the ability for amusement value Mods.

Shag the loser.

Who are the mods here? they obviously arent doing their job if I'm still here

Originally posted by racingsuxballz@Jan 7 2004, 04:09 PM
Who are the mods here? they obviously arent doing their job if I'm still here
Oh sweetheart, the mods are here. You haven't been banned yet, because we haven't finished laughing. Please be patient...we'll get back to you.

Nascar doomed .............. not hardly!
Yeah the times are a changing, but so has the sport.
I mean look around , this sport has grown over the last five years or so........Big Time!
We have lot's of new teams and drivers stepping up in both Na$car and Busch.
Yeah this sport has changed from back in the days of ( Winston Cup ) But now Na$car has a new sponsor in Nextel.
Some say Na$car will never be the same, yet that may be true to them old school days of thunder.
But I for one welcome the change, Na$car will continue to grow and bring in more and more fans, and that's what make's this sport the fastest growing sport around.
As for other manufacturers , I say bring it on.

Beer's to ya ....................@190mph!

If she goes to the corner SilverRam and IronHead will fight over her. :D

I didn't mean to say that nascar ever raced in the rain, but that I think they shold. I don't really understand why they will delay a race that people payed money to go to because of rain. And I just jave something against Asian cars, I'm fine with European Cars. I'm just not sure if all of these changes are going to be good for nascar.

The Main Problem I have with Nascar is that They Continue to Rig the Restrictor Plate Races !!

I'm tired of watching those 4 races! Its crazy >> They need to stop doing that crap!

Back
Top Bottom