Jack Roush:

97forever

Team Owner
Jack Roush---thanks to Matt Kenseth--has won his first NASCAR top series car owners title. This will sit well with his CTS and BGN title trophys, to make a sweep of NASCAR's top three series.

I as a long time fan have always found it incredible how the mere mentioning of the name 'Roush'( much like the mentioning of the name 'Busch') can garner such negative responses from fans of this sport.

Just a casual reading of Jack's bio will give anyone who isn't a total idiot a glimpse of a man who is truly driven to compete and win, a real racer who just happened to have the audacity to be born somewhere outside of Kannapolis NC. But who is nonetheless as much of a true racer as anyone has ever lived.

From street racing in Michigan, working for Ford (And Mopar for a short time) to building his multimillion dollar buisness from the ground up, Jack Roush is a man who deserves respect from his peers in the sport. The fact that he is sneered at and generally disliked by the NASCAR fried -chicken -eating mafia is an amazing thing. Apparently, Nascar likes their folk heroes with a little more of a southern twang, to have a big pretty bowtie(Like that New Impala in Mike's garage )and/or to be really cute with nice hair. Changing demographics and all---as young Mr. Earnhardt so perfectly pointed out last week.

But if accomplishment counted for anything at all in this sport anymore Jack Roush would rightfully be recognized as the respected former drag racer and Title winning car owner he truly is. Hell,mediocre winless 'racers' and convicted felons are respected as car owners after all.

So hang tough Jack. Like Bobby Allison and many others before you take pride in the fact that you are considered an 'outsider'. Take your car owners trophy back to Livonia and celebrate like hell. And next season?

Come back and spank the good old boys with a 17 numbered stick again!

Great job Matt and crew! Great job Jack and Co.! :cheers:

--------------------

Its amazing......no matter what kind of post about NASCAR, Earnhardt or a reference about him, has to be mentioned. :blink: :D

Originally posted by fergy1370@Nov 9 2003, 08:57 PM
Its amazing......no matter what kind of post about NASCAR, Earnhardt or a reference about him, has to be mentioned. :blink: :D
aint that the truth :p

Well I will honestly say I don't like Jack Rousch but I respect him very much as a racer and a car owner. Congratulations to Jack for his first cup. Oh and the stick will have a "8" on it next year.HA

Can't say a whole lot about this. But if it wasn't for Jack & Mark Martin...Matt wouldn't have the WC ride. If it wasn't for Robbie Reiser, Matt wouldn't even be in NASCAR. If it wasn't for the late Joe Shear, Matt might be more like Kevin Harvick. If it wasn't for Roy Kenseth...Matt wouldn't be racing.

The biggest reason why some people won't give props to Roush is because of some of his whining comments he's made in the past, allegations that NASCAR is against him, and the confrontation he had with Evernham several years ago. Nothing personal, but some people don't like that type of attitude.

PUHLEEZE...folks sure have short memories. Who belly ached moaned and complained about "them made up cars", when he was in fact driving the 2nd generation car that invented "made up cars"? Who lied out of their mouths about the #28 having a deck an inch too high as an explanation for the "made up" rear quarter pannels on the 2nd gen Monte? Who confessed on Speedvision episode about telling NASCAR officials somethinged needed to be done at the end of the BB era to make the Chevies competitive (weight penalties and restrictor plates added to Fords and Mopars). Who convinced NASCAR that the Fords should carry an extra 200 lbs at the beginning of the SB era? Who convinced agreed to the Fords getting even weight BUT at the expense of a 390 carb vs a 750 carb for everyone else? Who convinced NASCAR to "give" Ford a new nose in '93 to offset what happened in '92? Who had the arrogance to tell NASCAR that the SBC 18 degree as all they needed in '91 for the '92 season (remember the year no more cutting wand welding was permitted)? Who convinced NASCAR that Ford needed a clipped wing on regular tracks and then a bigger wing of restrictor tracks when the 1st gen Taurus was unvield?...and they hand't even been the dominant car to that point! Who convinced NASCAR, they needed a new engine (and actually got 2 versions of it) half way through the 10 year agreement to run what was estalished in 92?....on and on and on.

And folks are offended/hateful for Roush speaking up for what he needs. Have any of you ever actually spoken to him? I wonder how many have had the opportunity to butt in front of a discussion to get your point across in front of him? Too see how the "good for nothing rat" handled it. I guess the "he said, she said, my driver/car owner is cool" puplications which happen to lack any content about the actual racing and prep is what counts these days.

...whew!...gotta cut down on the caffine!

Back
Top Bottom