Jimmie Johnson Was Old Enough To Vote When His Next Oldest Team Mate Was Born

ladyspartan16

Team Owner
There's an 18 year gap between him and Alex Bowman who is 24. Then Chase Elliott at 22, and William Byron at 22.

That will officially make it more millennials in NASCAR Cup than baby boomers.

Yep, the young guns have took over HMS, its going to be fun to watch.

There's an 18 year gap between him and Alex Bowman who is 24. Then Chase Elliott at 22, and William Byron at 22.

40 somethings aren't baby boomers :) I don't know what they hell they are. wild guess? generation X's

Economist rags keep saying millennials are killing every industry on the planet, because we can't afford expensive homes and expensive cars, and like to support local businesses instead of chains and like to taste our beer.

you keep reading that stuff you will rot your brain :) Life isn't about all that unless that is where your head is. Might be a lot of millennial's aren't being good little corporation capitalists

Might be a lot of millennial's aren't being good little corporation capitalists
Odd how corporations haven't been very kind to millennials - and were tough on their parents' careers - yet they wonder where customer loyalty went...

I would get into politics, but yeah some areas are pretty rigged. They have the bat the ball and the ballpark in many areas. Millennial's might not be playing the game.

I would get into politics, but yeah some areas are pretty rigged. They have the bat the ball and the ballpark in many areas. Millennial's might not be playing the game.
Yeah, sorry about sounding political. I'm not playing the game either and I'm far from being a Millennial...

I meant to say Gen X. There are no full time Baby Boomer Cup racers.
yeah I wasn't sure that age was Generation X. I really don't have a problem at all with the younger drivers, I've been a fan since before I was a teenager, seen a lot of driver changes. We all knew it was coming, and the next couple of three years there will be quite a few more.

But "the old guys" are winning. Hopefully the youngsters are paying attention ;)

I have to laugh when I realize just how young some of the youngsters are.
Racing should be fun for a long time.
Between Blaney, Jones, Larson, and Rick Hendrick's Day Care, I question those people who say the sport will die because the older drivers are leaving and there's no one to follow. Those older drivers didn't come with established fan bases when they entered Cup. Like them, these young men will build their own followings too.

Economist rags keep saying millennials are killing every industry on the planet, because we can't afford expensive homes and expensive cars, and like to support local businesses instead of chains and like to taste our beer.
There are local businesses left? We boomers were accused of killing those.

It's really interesting lately. I enjoy seeing Jimmie out there as long as he wants to be there. It's been so special watching his run in the cup series over the last couple decades.

I hope more fans quickly realize this while he's still competing at the moment... get over the little stuff like chase structures and all because we have all been fortunate to watch someone who is going to be looked at for decades to come in the history books.

IDK why anyone would even think about the age of drivers or athletes, other than in passing, as age isn't germane to getting the job done. A teenage rookie was one of the leading goal scorers in the NHL last year and an NFL rookie QB took over from a long established starter and with a rookie running back led his team to the playoffs last season.

I don't look at any generation as a monolithic body but there are obvious similarities. From being in business I know that being recognized is super important to many millennials and they required more maintenance than older workers. Having free WiFi is a huge deal for many and tats, piercings and body mods seem more prevalent with millennials than others.

One thing I have seen in some quarters with millennials is a defensiveness and anger for their failure to launch and their current circumstances. It is impossible to succeed with a victim mentality.

Lighten up, Skoal. We're just having fun with Jimmie's age compared to his teammates next year, and with the
rivals that will be on the track.

I have articles of clothing older than Jimmie Johnson so I was having a different kind of fun.......:D

The new Hendricks drivers are what people in marketing love.What hurts NASCAR is our fans age demographic, but that is a problem all televised sports are having to some extent.I have learned one thing from my kids and the millennials I work with,a free wifi hotspot in a business is a must have.

I just watched a program Racing Roots that had Harvick going over his racing history. In addition to taking a second mortgage on his house to buy out his contract so he could race for Richard Childress, he said all of the team owners were calling him because all of the team owners were looking for young drivers. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I have articles of clothing older than Jimmie Johnson so I was having a different kind of fun.......:D
Jimmie has been racing since I was a sophomore in high school. First Cup race was last race in 2001, Gosh I'm old and so is he. It's going to be neat watching him as the grizzled vet going against the Young guys. Jimmie still has a lot left in the tank.

It's really interesting lately. I enjoy seeing Jimmie out there as long as he wants to be there. It's been so special watching his run in the cup series over the last couple decades.

I hope more fans quickly realize this while he's still competing at the moment... get over the little stuff like chase structures and all because we have all been fortunate to watch someone who is going to be looked at for decades to come in the history books.
Count me in that. I thought he was a product of the Chase when his run started and denounced his Championships. But last year swayed me. He'd win championships in any format, he's that good and his team is that good. The way he takes care of his equipment and Chad adjusts the car they just hang around until it's money time. Jimmie's the man, I hope he gets 10 cups.

Back
Top Bottom