Joe Nemechek to the 01

N

Nascar24rainbow

Joe Nemechek will be leaving Hendrick's Motorsports and his #25 UAW - Delphi Chevrolet after Martinsville for his new ride with MB2 Motorsports and the #01 Army Pontiac. Brian Vickers will now be driving with his new team in the #25 Chevrolet for the last four races of the season instead of the #01 Pontiac.

Jerry Nadeau is not yet ready for a full time season back in the NEXTEL Cup series but will be driving in various NASCAR events in 2004 with MB2 racing.

Whats with this hype over Brian Vickers? Is he really that good? He's only won a couple of races in a Busch series that isn't very competive. He did horrible at Lowes on saturday in his first start. I guess I just don't understand why all these car owners want these young guns driving their cars. I think the wave of young gun talent has passed. I think Greg Biffle and Jamie McMurray were the last of the young guns from Busch that can cut it in Nascar.

I think when a driver is 1st or 2nd in points they are "expected" to be good in winston cup these days. Me on the other hand don't believe that. Didn't Johnny Benson, Chad little and David Green finish 1 or 2 in the Bush series before? None have made "Big" impressions on me. Kenny Wallace won many races in the Bush Series. Sure they can leave any of us in the dust, Just like I can build a house faster than they can. Some cut the mustard some can't. But, hey Thats just how I feel. I hope Brian does well. I hate to see any driver do bad when the do good in another series.

I think Brian did just fine for his first outing in a Cup car. Most of the time, these guys are told not to get out there and get to racy, but to log the laps, get adjusted to the difference of cars and length of the race. The Buschwackers that ran the double on Saturday are used to running 500 miles, Brian on the other hand is 300 miles max, then to add another 500 is quite q feat. He lasted the race, brought the car home in relativly good shape. I'd chock that up as a success for her first outing.

I think Brian did very well,He got some experience in a WC car in a much longer WC event than Brian's used to in the Busch Series,He qualifies 20th,didn't have an accident or even a mechanical DNF,more laps of practice is always a good thing.IMO He'll do fine in WC.
off-topic,but Jeff Gordon qualifued 21st in HIs first WC race at Atlanta in 1992,DNF'd with a 31st place finish,so Brian Vickers did very well in comparison of debuts with a 4 time Champion. ;)

He did good in my mind. Two races in one day at over 150 mph and over 800 miles, now tell me, how many 19 year olds could handle that? I think he will have an alright season next year. :)

a lead lap finish yer first time out against the big kids is almost next to awesome.

I wish that Jerry Nadeau would do what Ricky Craven did, go to Moosehead Lake in Northern Maine and spend a year doing nothing but recuperating.

Nemechek is a good driver. Hope he gets a fair shot at competing.

Vickers has good potential, I believe. He should be able to run in Winston Cup.

Back
Top Bottom