Johnny Sauter joining Brewco for 2004

N

Nascar24rainbow

Johnny Sauter won't have to share his ride any more. Sauter is joining Brewco Motorsport in the #27 Pontiac with sponsorship from Kleenex. He will be a teammate to David Green in the #37 Timber Wolf Pontiac.

I'm glad for Johnny, yet I wonder, who will be in the 21 for 2004?

I know he had to share a ride with the 21 but I think he should of stayed with RCR.

From what I read RCR is looking for a new up and coming driver to split time in the 21 car with Kevin Harvick in 2004. It looks like it could be Michael Lewis.

Richard Childress Racing will run sprint car ace Michael Lewis in a third entry in next weekend's NASCAR Busch Series race at Memphis.
Lewis, who has five USAC Western States sprint car feature wins this season, will drive the No. 29 Chevrolet for RCR, in his debut in a stock car. Lewis, 24, has already tested once with the team. RCR is evaluating various drivers to run a split schedule in Busch next season with their Winston Cup driver, Kevin Harvick. (That's Racin')(10-12-03)

I'm happy for Johnny. I hope he works magic in this car, and makes a strong run at the Busch title next season.

Johnny hasn't set the world on fire since he left ASA. Might be a good match.

If Sauter left RCR who's in line to drive the 30 car next year?

Originally posted by Tommy29@Oct 14 2003, 03:59 AM
If Sauter left RCR who's in line to drive the 30 car next year?
Good point.

Originally posted by wlfyk62@Oct 14 2003, 02:46 PM
Johnny Benson or Ward Burton will polit the 30 car in 2004
I certainly doubt that Ward will break his new contract for 2004 driving the NetZero car. Nice try. And, Johnny Benson has another year left on his current contract. Not that that actually means anything these days, but according to Johnny, he ain't goin' anywhere that he knows of . :unsure:

Ward is in the #0.
Nemecheck is in the #01.
Andretti is the leading candidate for the #1 car.
Park was released by the #30 team.
Sauter is in the #27 in Busch.
Nadeau is doing the ABC plan for MB2.

If AOL didnt want Ward in the #30 because Ward isnt their target demographic, then Benson wont be in the #30 either.

AOL wants a young driver. Of the three ROTY candidates next year in the Nextel Cup (Wimmer, Riggs, Vickers) only Riggs doesnt have a ride.

Look for Riggs to go to the #30 AOL car. Makes sense.

And if Riggs doesnt pilot the #30, who will?

Back
Top Bottom