Junior, your racing for a championship?

N

N2racin44

When was the last time a top flight team used nearly half the race as a testing session? Mark Martin several years ago? That was embarassing man. No matter what spring, shock combo they used he was threatened with the black flag for running too slow. Junior, Derrick Cope beat you man!

Uh, huh............and he's still 8th in points!! :D He definitely had junk out there today but the team did make the best of it. :p

You must remember this is only the third race. There are 23 more before the top 10 are locked in. JR. will be ok. :lol:

Strikes me as odd that whatever they did it did not make a damn thing better. He's used on mulligan already and can only afford a couple more with only 23 races left before the playoffs.

Some days you win, some days you lose...............this was a loser for the 8 team! :)

That was the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen on a racetrack today. Was that the car he used at Vegas last year? I missed the first of the race.

They did not say. Maybe he was told to be one of the field fillers today. :lol:

I really don't think Jr. qualifyed or pratice good in that car also. Maybe they will take it back to the shop and chop it up for scrape iron. :lol:

Originally posted by Gollum@Mar 7 2004, 06:15 PM
I really don't think Jr. qualifyed or pratice good in that car also. Maybe they will take it back to the shop and chop it up for scrape iron. :lol:
Sell it on Ebay............."Buy Now" for 10 bucks!! :D

what I still don't understand is that mikey had a decent car right? Why did'nt they try that setup? I can't believe they missed the setup that bad, and top it all off had several trips to the garage and still could'nt find a setup to drive the car. Hell they said harvick went to vegas and tested and his car was junk and not drivable so they went back home, built a new car and brought it to vegas untested and look how well they ran.
That just tells me that tony sr. did not do his job, how in the hell in one year you can have a top 3 and the next you can't even drive the car.
All I know tony sr. better get his #### together or JR. is'nt ever gonna have a championship.

Edited for language by NW

Junior didnt finish in the top 10. :eek:

Nascar did not help Junior in his bid for a top 10 by giving him NOS for his engine. :huh:

Junior was almost black flagged by Nascar. Has Junior and black flag ever been used in the same sentence? :unsure:

Junior was beat out by Derrike Cope. :blink:

Junior's job is in jeopardy. Careful Junior, one more showing like this and you could end up in the unemployment line. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Mar 7 2004, 07:17 PM
Careful Junior, one more showing like this and you could end up in the unemployment line. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep on dreamin'!! :bounce: :bounce:

I can't believe I am saying this but, I finally believe Junior is capable of winning a championship. The new system seems to make it easier to win if you get hot at the right time. But he can't afford too many days like this or he won't even get into the playoff to get hot. I can't see NASCAR letting that happen, but you never know.

Ya win some, Ya lose some, let it go jr.
By the way I do believe they said it was the same chassis ( or car with new skin ) from phoenix last year.

I am not a JR fan and was laughing the whole race. Let's face it he is only competitive at four races. But yet he gets all the publicity, but let him get it while Matt runs away for two in a row. :D :D :D

I realize he is popular driver but only because of his famous last name, but I am still amused at his showing away from the plate races.

:cheers: Matt Kenseth

You guys keep saying only four races and keep your fingers crossed, maybe you will be right. Lets see, how many races did the champ win last year? oh yeah, ONE!

How any team with the resources available to them that DEI has can field a car that bad escapes me. As for making me run that car around...I would've told Tony Sr. to pound sand and one of us would be looking for a new job this morning!

Exactly my thoughts. This WASN'T Kirk Shelmerdine's team after all.One of,if not THE, best funded teams in the garage misses the set-up THAT much? I have never really seen anything that pathetic from a team of this caliber before.

Originally posted by Flametamer@Mar 8 2004, 12:53 AM
You guys keep saying only four races and keep your fingers crossed, maybe you will be right. Lets see, how many races did the champ win last year? oh yeah, ONE!
But he was competitive in 32 or so. Big difference.

Originally posted by Flametamer@Mar 7 2004, 11:53 PM
To this point in their careers Matt Kenseth is by far the better of the two.

Well, they found out the problem. It seems that with all of the partying Lil'E did in Vegas, aside from the 30 minutes he graciously set aside to meet his fans, he was unaware that his left foot was on the brake the whole time.
Maybe if he can drag himself away from the Gold Club long enough he will show up at the Atlanta track. ;)

Well, it doesn't happen often, but yesterday was a disaster for the #8 car.

I have seen the same thing happen to other teams.

I think it was the spring race in Atlanta in '99 that Rusty's car just was not working. My wife is a big Rusty fan, so we were monitoring his pit communications, and Rusty told the crew he had a broken right front shock. He came into the pits, they checked out the front end and everything was fine.

Rusty goes back out, the car is still "junk", Rusty screams over the radio that that right front shock is broken - he can see sparks flying from it dragging. He comes back into the pits, nothing is dragging, nothing is broke.

Rusty goes back out, the car is still "junk", so he goes into the garage area and they change all four shocks.

Rusty goes back out, the car is still "junk"...

They never did get that car right.

Jr's. car may be on it's way to becoming a display car...

I found it funny when I was there, the Jr. fans whenever Junior came out of the garage they shouted "YOU GO JUNIOR !!!!!!!!!" or "YOU ROCK BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "DAT BOY RUN SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hopefully the 8 team has better luck at Atlanta, they've done pretty well there in past years.

As my Granny used to say ---

"Some days, chicken; some days feathers."

Sunday was a 'feather' day for the 8 team. No big deal.
At least they kept trying until nothing was to be gained.

Originally posted by fordroush@Mar 8 2004, 12:00 AM
I am not a JR fan and was laughing the whole race. Let's face it he is only competitive at four races. But yet he gets all the publicity, but let him get it while Matt runs away for two in a row. :D :D :D

I realize he is popular driver but only because of his famous last name, but I am still amused at his showing away from the plate races.

:cheers: Matt Kenseth
Eh?Didn't Jr. get a Top 5 at "the Rock" 2 weeks ago?He's also won at Texas,I know at a few other non-plate tracks also,can't recall exactly whicjh tracks,as I'm no Jr. fan,but I think He gets a bad rep from some regions.Keep in mind that Jr. has a better career winning percentage than a certain 4 time Champion ;) :eek: Who said that? :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Flametamer@Mar 8 2004, 01:53 AM
Ur forgetting about Mikey :lol: as He and Jr. have to share the plate wins :lol: Makes it look more kosher that way :D j/k :D

For Junior to win the championship, he'll need to utilize that practice time, this year at Vegas, he clearly didnt do it, instead of testing he probably decided to go a Budweiser sponsorship function.

Last year, he did real well, he utilized that practice time, he did better on tracks he never did better at before but for him to win the championship, he cant let up like he did at Vegas. Junior has to realize that racing isnt something where you walk into a car and test it one lap and then drive it the next day and go get your photo taken. I like Junior, he's a good guy and I want to see him win championships and I think he is truly capable of it but for him to win the championship, he has to prove he can win on other tracks en route to doing so, he'll need to learn to mature more in his skills, test those cars and I know I've beaten this to death but he needs to utilize that practice time more.

Also, he needs to lose this party boy-corporate friendly image somewhat. No doubt, he can drive a race car, but for him to keep his status as one of the leaders of the sport he needs to prove that he can be a winner at any type of situation.

...corporate friendly image...

Interesting that you should say that. Supposedly one of the sticking points in his contract negotiations last year was he wanted the number of meet and greets reduced. He does no where near the number of corporate functions as the other drivers, especially considering his high profile image.

And, no, picking up a case or 6 of Bud at the 7-11 for his Posse doesn't count as a sponsor sanctioned event. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 24thunder@Mar 9 2004, 08:59 PM
Keep in mind that Jr. has a better career winning percentage than a certain 4 time Champion
Say what?

Jeff Gordon - 368 starts 64 wins = Just over 17 percent

Dale Jr. - 150 starts 10 wins = Just under 10 percent

Originally posted by Happy29@Mar 9 2004, 11:38 PM
For Junior to win the championship, he'll need to utilize that practice time, this year at Vegas, he clearly didnt do it, instead of testing he probably decided to go a Budweiser sponsorship function.

Last year, he did real well, he utilized that practice time, he did better on tracks he never did better at before but for him to win the championship, he cant let up like he did at Vegas. Junior has to realize that racing isnt something where you walk into a car and test it one lap and then drive it the next day and go get your photo taken. I like Junior, he's a good guy and I want to see him win championships and I think he is truly capable of it but for him to win the championship, he has to prove he can win on other tracks en route to doing so, he'll need to learn to mature more in his skills, test those cars and I know I've beaten this to death but he needs to utilize that practice time more.

Also, he needs to lose this party boy-corporate friendly image somewhat. No doubt, he can drive a race car, but for him to keep his status as one of the leaders of the sport he needs to prove that he can be a winner at any type of situation.
One bad race and you came up with this?

Originally posted by N2racin88+Mar 10 2004, 08:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N2racin88 @ Mar 10 2004, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--24thunder@Mar 9 2004, 08:59 PM
Keep in mind that Jr. has&nbsp; a better career winning percentage than a certain 4 time Champion
Say what?

Jeff Gordon - 368 starts 64 wins = Just over 17 percent

Dale Jr. - 150 starts 10 wins = Just under 10 percent [/b][/quote]
THANKS for the stats and right on!

Actually, 17.4% and 6.7%. The difference is plain to see. Approaching 3X in percentages.

Back
Top Bottom