Kurt Busch to F-1?

97forever

Team Owner
Not an April fools joke first off, and 9 months old, but it was still news to me. I would provide the link but have no idea in hell how to do that although it is located at grandprix.com/june 29 2003. I thought it was pretty cool if still pretty far in the future and a longshot:

Kurt Busch visits Nurburgring
NASCAR Winston Cup star Kurt Busch was a fascinated visitor at the European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring. The 24-year-old from Las Vegas was on his first trip to Europe, taking advantage of a rare weekend off from NASCAR activities. Busch was impressed by the technology of the Formula 1 cars.

"It is just surreal," he said.

Busch says that he began watching Formula 1 racing in 1993 when Nigel Mansell went to CART and has kept an eye on the F1 scene ever since.

"I always try to catch it on TV ," he said.

Busch tested a Team Rahal CART car last winter at Sebring thanks to his Ford connections and he hopes that Jaguar Racing might give him the opportunity to have a run in an F1 car at some point.

"I'd love to do a test if it was possible," Busch said. "But I am an oval racer and I am committed to NASCAR until at least 2006."

Busch drivers the Rubbermaid Ford Taurus for Roush Racing in the Winston Cup and finished third in last year's Winston Cup standings, earning $3.6m in prize money and winning three of the last five races. Busch graduated to the Winston Cup from the Craftsman Truck Series, having been signed by Jack Roush as a result of a talent search.

auto-Busch.jpg

I don't know Wrangler...this may even pre-date Jeff's try-out(?). But I think it would be a good match for Kurt. :cheers:

I think I remember something about Kurt's F-1 dreams........it was about the same time as Jeffy's ride. :)

I like F1 even though I havent seen an F1 race on tv in like 2 or 3 years because I dont have SPEED Channel unfortunately. I do get around to playing F1 2002 once in a while if I can find it. Those guys are tough, but then I'll only acknowledge Schumacher as a true racing legend if he races around Daytona or Talladega, in his F1 car, with no restrictor plate, no wait... yes a restrictor plate, keep the pack close. Yes, F1 cars at Daytona, Talladega...... going at death-defying speeds, drivers blacking out.... what else will I think of next? Trans-Am cars at Bristol?

Maybe....

Back
Top Bottom