Kyle Busch will NOT race in the Daytona 500

Certainly. I am getting a little frustrated with all of the comments about quality leadership in getting this done, however. Quality leadership is proactive NOT reactive. It isn't like Denny didn't eat the wall in front of me at Auto Club in '13. bull****.

Its a good thing you were a bit late signing on this evening, you missed a few idiot comments about Kyle .................. TRL cleaned it all up, god bless her

Its a good thing you were a bit late signing on this evening, you missed a few idiot comments about Kyle .................. TRL cleaned it all up, god bless her

By design. I knew they would be out. Too upset to even entertain the idea of firing back. TRL does great work. I have heard that there were cheers at the Speedway when he wrecked. Whatever.

Will Kyle's crash have an effect on how the cup drivers drive tommorow?

By design. I knew they would be out. Too upset to even entertain the idea of firing back. TRL does great work. I have heard that there were cheers at the Speedway when he wrecked. Whatever.
There were cheers when Earnhardt had horriffic flipping crashes. There were cheers when Gordon ate it at Pocono. There will be cheers everytime someone wrecks. They all got haters.

My sincerest sympathies to the fans of both Kurt and Kyle Busch on this board. It's been truly an awful speedweeks and yet another blackeye for a sport struggling to find its footing.

Bogus qualifying fiasco, horrible on track product, removing a marquee driver from his ride the day before the Daytona 500 before he's even be charged with a crime, and now possibly the sport's best driver has had his career possibly put on jeopardy. All because NASCAR would rather spend 400 million dollars to upgrade the video boards and suites rather than put SAFER barriers around the entire ******* racetrack in which cars crash violently at 200 mph.

Enough is enough. I'm done. **** you NASCAR. **** you Brian France.

That is all.

You shouldn't always wait for a driver to be charged with a crime, cause you can't always trust the legal system. I'm not even arguing that Kurt Busch should be suspended. Just saying.

Kyle fans I hope your guy makes a speedy recovery. Been through driver injuries before, and it sucks when your favorites are out for any reason.

I'm glad to see the idiots in charge are adding tire barriers for tomorrow. To use a couple cliches it's a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never. Personally, I think the tires would be a better solution on the inside wall than the SAFER.

There were cheers when Earnhardt had horriffic flipping crashes. There were cheers when Gordon ate it at Pocono. There will be cheers everytime someone wrecks. They all got haters.
That's true but have you been to a race lately? Nowadays, the only person who gets cheered when they wreck is Kyle.
Maybe if he was hurt they'd stop but the crowds are pretty rotten a lot of the time.

I just remembered, I'm wrong. There's 2 people whose misfortunes get cheered loudly. Kyle and.... Jimmie.

From my recent experiences, those 2 are it.

Healing thoughts go out to Kyle.

th

Gonna be kinda bummed watching the 500 tomorrow. I hope Kyle has a speedy and successful recovery, but it's probably gonna be awhile.

Would love to see Kyle as always, but he survived and will be back. In this sense, I can move forward. Jacked as ever over the potential for TRD's first 500 win. Game ****** on.

Would love to see Kyle as always, but he survived and will be back. In this sense, I can move forward. Jacked as ever over the potential for TRD's first 500 win. Game ******* on.
No Fontana triple tho. :(

2013 Daytona 500 was "boring" because drivers didn't have the hang of the Gen 6 pack racing, I think...

Cant remember how much the car has changed since then but I think we'll be in for a show.

Just checked back in to find out how Kyle Busch is doing...

That unshielded wall presented a demonstrated hazard, unquestionably known to the management of the speedway and Daytona's management did nothing to mitigate the danger it posed. Management's failure, or refusal, to install Safer-Barrier shielding is nothing less than willful negligence. The Daytona Speedway spends millions, polishing its image and touting itself as the epicenter of racing, yet fails to take reasonable steps to provide the safest racing environment for the drivers competing there.

The crash on the track was just part of racing... the aftermath, Kyle Busch's injuries, are solely on the hands of those who decided it was worth the risk to NOT install shielding on ALL the walls. I wonder if they'll sleep well tonight?

2013 Daytona 500 was "boring" because drivers didn't have the hang of the Gen 6 pack racing, I think...

Cant remember how much the car has changed since then but I think we'll be in for a show.
Yeah, that was the first points race for the Gen-6. The first few races for the Gen-6 were crappy, but they got it figured out.

Having said that, that 2013 race was probably the worst Daytona 500 I've ever seen in the 30 or so years I've been watching. It was a single file parade until the last 20 laps.

Just checked back in to find out how Kyle Busch is doing...

That unshielded wall presented a demonstrated hazard, unquestionably known to the management of the speedway and Daytona's management did nothing to mitigate the danger it posed. Management's failure, or refusal, to install Safer-Barrier shielding is nothing less than willful negligence. The Daytona Speedway spends millions, polishing its image and touting itself as the epicenter of racing, yet fails to take reasonable steps to provide the safest racing environment for the drivers competing there.

The crash on the track was just part of racing... the aftermath, Kyle Busch's injuries, are solely on the hands of those who decided it was worth the risk to NOT install shielding on ALL the walls. I wonder if they'll sleep well tonight?

They probably will because there are more people in the industry than I would have ever thought blowing smoke up there asses about how accountable they were today. bull****. I agree with you 100%. Again, quality leadership is about anticipating problems before they become disasters. Kyle Busch out for 6 months is a ****** disaster.

I honestly could give two shiits about the Daytona 500 tomorrow. I'm so disgusted with NASCAR. It takes drivers getting killed and injured in order to do the right things to promote safety. We lost Dale Earnhardt almost 15 years ago because of neglect for safety. Now Kyle Busch will be lucky to walk properly again because a decade and a half later, we STILL have concrete walls at Daytona. A place where cars wreck consistently at 200 mph.

Marty Smith said everything that needs to be said. Nobody gives a flying rats diick about million dollar track upgrades, sponsors, corporations or any of the like. They are fans because of the DRIVERS who risk it all for glory.

It's long past time for NASCAR to put down the caviar and champagne and get their heads out of their azz to protect these men and women behind the wheel. No more gimmicky qualifying changes and manufactured BS to cause more crashes and mangled up race cars. SAFER barriers everywhere. No excuses. Or at the very least tires or Armco barriers.

I wonder if the owners and drivers will reconsider racing in the lower classes as often as they do. I know this can happen in any race, and that's why some contracts prohibit drivers from racing in other series. This has got to be the worst beginning to a season in quite a while.

I honestly could give two shiits about the Daytona 500 tomorrow. I'm so disgusted with NASCAR. It takes drivers getting killed and injured in order to do the right things to promote safety. We lost Dale Earnhardt almost 15 years ago because of neglect for safety. Now Kyle Busch will be lucky to walk properly again because a decade and a half later, we STILL have concrete walls at Daytona. A place where cars wreck consistently at 200 mph.

Marty Smith said everything that needs to be said. Nobody gives a flying rats diick about million dollar track upgrades, sponsors, corporations or any of the like. They are fans because of the DRIVERS who risk it all for glory.

It's long past time for NASCAR to put down the caviar and champagne and get their heads out of their azz to protect these men and women behind the wheel. No more gimmicky qualifying changes and manufactured BS to cause more crashes and mangled up race cars. SAFER barriers everywhere. No excuses. Or at the very least tires or Armco barriers.

Or maybe at the very least, the media could quit glorifying the track president and sanctioning body for saying, "I ****** up." The real trick you douchbags is to avoid ****** up. NASCAR media is absolute ****. ****** terrible. Self-absorbed ass wipes with very few exceptions. Since NASCAR and ****wood are absorbing all of the responsibility, it would make sense to allow Kyle Chase eligibility regardless of his points position should he win upon his return. I mean, they did say it was all their fault.

Their comes a point where you can't take anymore. I'm not there, I love racing but with all this safety in place, I don't want to see another death in our sport, period. That could have happened today. Not saying can safeproof everything racing the way Nascar does but the neglect has got to stop. Money drives this sport and I hate it, if that wasn't the case, maybe safer barriers would be everywhere and not just put in when something happens.

Their comes a point where you can't take anymore. I'm not there, I love racing but with all this safety in place, I don't want to see another death in our sport, period. That could have happened today. Not saying can safeproof everything racing the way Nascar does but the neglect has got to stop. Money drives this sport and I hate it, if that wasn't the case, maybe safer barriers would be everywhere and not just put in when something happens.

I agree.

Certainly. I am getting a little frustrated with all of the comments about quality leadership in getting this done, however. Quality leadership is proactive NOT reactive. It isn't like Denny didn't eat the wall in front of me at Auto Club in '13. bull****.
This

The 300 was the best race of Speedweeks by far, everything else has been lacking. I won't hold my breath.

In defense of Nascar, that's only the 2nd time that a car has hit that wall on a Super Speedway that I know of, probably a low priority to put the barriers on that wall. However, this is a good wake up call, just hope Kyle is alright.
Ricky Knotts died there.

I was away all day yesterday and kept from hearing any NASCAR related news. DVR'd the race and started watching it last night. Was only about half way through when my wife said she saw a post about the accident on Facebook. I had her tell me what was going on because I knew from her demeanor that it was not good news. I jumped ahead to the crash to see for myself what happened. I'm far from a Kyle Bush fan but I was so glad to see him climb from that car. I sure feel for you Kyle Busch fans out there. I hope that this is something that he can recover from in a timely manner so you all get to see your driver out there again.

No excuse Daytona. No excuse NASCAR. You'd think that we'd lean something. I lost my driver in 2001 @ Daytona. While that brought about a lot of 'safety' changes in the sport, why aren't they being seen to completion? It seems like we're getting back to a point where that sport is being reactive again rather than proactive. Use the damn tools that are available to protect these guys/gals as much as possible. No way to say it would have made a bit of difference in what happened yesterday but make the effort so these drivers can walk away.

Was it Daytona were Mark Martin t-boned the pit road wall? If I remember he was only inches behind the drivers seat and lucky to walk away. If my memory is correct Nascar should have put in barriers everywhere back then,

That's true but have you been to a race lately? Nowadays, the only person who gets cheered when they wreck is Kyle.
Maybe if he was hurt they'd stop but the crowds are pretty rotten a lot of the time.

I just remembered, I'm wrong. There's 2 people whose misfortunes get cheered loudly. Kyle and.... Jimmie.

From my recent experiences, those 2 are it.
KyBu became the majority's love to hate when he spun out Jr. at Richmond in the closing laps. So theres prob more fans cheering his wrecks than anyone else. I know theres still cheers when Gordon wrecks, you can hear em on TV. Same goes for Brad K and even Danica.

Just saw the accident...pretty nasty. Man he looked like crap when he got out. KuBu is already a pale guy to start with but he definitely looked shocky. You can tell those endorphins kicked in by how calm he was, especially for having a compound leg fracture. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Don't know if this is old news on here but Fox News just interviewed Mat Kensth and announced that Kyle has 2 broken legs. He'll be out for a while it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom