Kyle Busch

R

rajflyboy

I just came home from Lowes Motor Speedway. Kyle was dominating the ARCA race. He came from back around 30th place at the start to 1st in about 25 laps. This kid is legit. Too bad the rain had to come and ruin his chance for the win. Pit stop strategy and the rain just didnt work out!

The kid will make it too Winston Cup.......no doub't in my mind!

If Jeff Gordon thinks Kurt is a wildman, he best be getting real grateful that young Kyle is his team mate :D

If his crew chief hadn't of caved to the pressure, and stuck to his original plan of leaving him out, Kyle would have won that race. He should have won it. I think anyone that could drive from 30th to 1st in 24 laps earned the win, taking it from Frank Kimmel no less.

I think he had to pit..........Or else Kimmel would have had the advantage had the race gone green for the full 100 laps.

just remember alot of those ARCA cars are old cup cars. bet that car was an old gordon car, and we know how fast those things are.

Originally posted by Eagle1@Oct 10 2003, 05:49 AM
If his crew chief hadn't of caved to the pressure, and stuck to his original plan of leaving him out, Kyle would have won that race. He should have won it. I think anyone that could drive from 30th to 1st in 24 laps earned the win, taking it from Frank Kimmel no less.
Must of been a hell'ev a car. Or everyone else had junk.

Have you ever seen an ARCA race? Three quarters of the field has underfunded junk. But those guys love to race.

........Must of been a hell'ev a car. Or everyone else had junk.........

Kyle has probably had the CAR to beat in every race he's entered since leaving Roush. Why HMS plays such a conservative hand with this kid is beyond me.

Oh well, pretty dern easy to be a Monday Morning Crew Chief.....anyways....gots to update my Kyle's Stats File.....Does anybody know how many laps he led if any at Lowers?

KYLE BUSCH
Youngest driver to ever win a Late Model at LVMS
Youngest driver to hold LVMS Late Model qualifying record.
Earned over 65 Lengends wins in just 3 and half years.

1998......LVMS Legends, top ten in every race entered (age 13)

1999......LVMS Legends ROTY
1999......LVMS Legends Champion (12 consecutive wins)
1999......2nd Place Legends Young Lions National Points

2000......LVMS Legends Champion
2000......Nevada State Legends Champion (Pro Division)
2000......LVMS Nascar Late Models, first win in first start, got busted, underage, 15
2000......Grand American Modifieds, first win in his fifth start
2000......1/2 Mile Dirt Legends, 4th overall

2001.......LVMS Nascar Late Models, 15 starts, 10 wins, 1st in points when Jack called
2001.......NCTS 6 starts, 2 top tens, led 17 laps at Chicago

2002.......ARCA 1 start finished 12 on the lead lap driving the #22 WP Motorsports car.
2002.......ASA 19 starts, 9 top tens, 3 top 5's, led 71 laps, 8th in points, 3rd in Rookie points (age 17)

2003.......ARCA 6 starts, 2 wins (age 17) and an 11th, 3 poles (holds ARCA qualifying record at Nashville) Has led a total of 175 laps not including Lowes.
2003.......BUSCH 4 starts, 2 seconds, a 15th and a 33rd. Has led 39 laps.

Hendrick Racing has drivers who handle themselves as well on the track as off. Maybe Hendrick doesn't want the bad publicity that accompanies poor judgement and smart-azzed stuff that Roush faced with Kurt Busch.

Although it appears Kurt has learned newly taught lessons well, his youthful indiscretions were made under the watchful eye of the public and recorded, much to the chagrin of Roush and Busch. Verbal responses conflicted with recorded events to the Spencergate incident making them both look bad and created an unenviable position for Kurt's, sponsor, Rubbermaid. No one spending money to sponsor a team wants to be in the position of making an appology or the accompanying bad publicty.

My guess is Hendrick chooses to deal with the potential of Kyle's success by delivering it in pieces rather than jumping off the highest board into the depest water all at once. Smart move for both as it helps Kyle become more professional and marketable, possibly saving the youingster and the team from embarassing situations through early training on the do's, don't's and potential traps and vices that accompany the sudden rise to success.
The lad has little to prove except how consistent he can be, so why rush it. Taking a smaller step now and showing the potential in smaller doses by building the excitment makes this product a higher valued commodity in the long run. :D

Ok, got the info.....Kyle led 16 laps to bring his total laps led in arca up to 191

I'm sure Kyle has an old Jeff Gordon car..........and the best car on the track in ARCA competition! Kimmel is the only other driver even close to as fast as the 87 of Kyle Busch! ARCA does have a lot of slow cars. Heck, I've never seen that many cars wreck on the caution lap the other night. Hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom