Martin Wins The Championship

T

TonyB

...Matt that is...

http://www.fordracing.com/news/?article=24...06&flashcheck=1

There’s nothing that gets Mark Martin’s attention faster than his son’s, racing career. Matt is why Mark left Bristol, Tenn. shortly after the final Happy Hour session.

Father was quick on the draw as he was headed to Lakeland, Fla., to see his son recognized for winning the American Speed Association FastKids Winter Heat Series on Saturday night.

Matt told his Daddy, to be there when the young driver was introduced as that series’ champ during the ASA series season opener.

“He told me he was going to do it — get that jacket [the award for winning the Winter Heat], and I’ll be darned if he didn’t go out and do it,” said Martin, who was smiling widely. “He’s a little racer and I’m proud of what he’s done so far.”

Mark’s got a special affinity for the ASA Series, as would any four-time champion of any race series. ASA was where Martin got noticed and is clearly the stepping-stone to today.

Heck yeah! Great news for the kid! I have always been a fan of Mark and I hope Matt rewrites every record in every series he races in! :cheers: :cheers:

Yep, thats a headline we wont be typing about Mark anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom