McLaren FIA WEC GT3 entry will be a precursor of WEC LMH and IMSA GTP expansion

Therius94

Spectator
GGeB4jkWIAAY1e9

The McLaren 720S Evo GT3 car in FIA World Endurance Championship
406013925_743072727850557_5818628139483735443_n.jpg

The McLaren and United Autosports partnership
McLaren's first-ever presence in FIA World Endurance Championship with United Autosports in GT3 class will absolutely a precursor of planning expansion to FIA World Endurance Championship Le Mans Hypercar and IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship Grand Tourer Prototype classes in the future because of Zak Brown's promisial ambitions of FIA WEC and IMSA WTSSC top-class racing dream. But if McLaren bravely expands to FIA World Endurance Championship Le Mans Hypercar and IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship Grand Tourer Prototype classes, the consequence is McLaren must sacrificing one of the racing competition that McLaren participating like Extreme E in order to re-allocate their funds to WEC LMH and IMSA GTP with United Autosports. It will be also the best chance of Lando Norris, Oscar Piastri, Alexander Rossi, Patricio O'Ward, David Malukas and Oliver Turvey race in Rolex 24 At Daytona and Le Mans 24 Hours in the future.

McLaren will also considering M840T(R) V8 twin-turbo as their permanent engine choice in LMH and GTP.

Your thoughts on that?

If Mclaren goes LMDh, I wonder which chassis supplier they will use.
They were in talks with ORECA three years ago. No idea what the most recent development would be. I don’t really see it happening, too many hurdles that took up too much time to try to get over. I think if Zak Brown winds up doing anything it’s gonna be United Autosport running the Cadillac WEC program next year.

Back
Top Bottom