5)Texas-March 19th
6)Bristol-March 26th
7)Pocono -April 2nd
8)Talladega-April 16th
9)Martinsville-April 23rd
10)Dover-April 30th
11)Michigan-May 7th
12)Kansas May 13th (Sat Night)
13)Charlotte -May 28th (sunday Memorial Day)
14)Loudon-June 4th
15)Pocono June 11th
16)Watkins Glen-June 25th
17)Daytona-July 4th (Tuesday Night primetime)
18)Bristol-July 12th )Wednesday Night prime time)
19)Atlanta -July 19th )Wednesday Night prime time)
20)Michigan-July 30th
21)Phoneix (August 5th sat night)
22)Charlotte-August 13th
23)Indy-August 20th
24)Chicago-August 27th
25)Darlingotn-Sept 3rd
26)Dover-Sept 10th
27)Kentucky-Sept 16th (sat night)
28)Kansas-September 24th
29)Martinsville-October 1s5
30)Richmond-October 8th
31)Talladega-October 15
32)Sonoma-October 22th
33)Loudon-oct 29th
34)Texas-novemeber 5
35)Homestead-novemebr 12
36)Las Vegas-november 18 (sat night primetime for title)

any opinions?

Not bad at all. I like the lack of night race, absence of chase, and weekday races. Needs more short tracks though

Not bad at all. I like the lack of night race, absence of chase, and weekday races. Needs more short tracks though
what do you mean?, lack of a night race?, there are 8 of them, and the Chase is still present, as its not going anywhere.

whats wrong with weekday summer races?

nothing is on primetime during the summer

teh only sport going on is baseball

primetime weekday nihg ton nbc or fox would get some views i bet

Daytona
Phoenix
Vegas
Darlington
Atlanta
Sonoma
Richmond
Talladega
Martinsville
Eldora
Road America
Iowa
Charlotte
Michigan
Pocono
Auto Club
Kansas
Daytona
Watkins Glen
Chicago
Kentucky
Dover
Loudon
Indy
Canadian Tire Motorsport park
Darlington
Bristol
Richmond
Mid Ohio
Atlanta
Martinsville
Kansas
Dover
Texas
Phoenix
Auto Club
Homestead

Some of us work very hard during the week and come home exhausted...... I hate night races to start with......

I'd love a weeknight Cup race but at the same time, night races in NASCAR suck. Should be reserved only for the Daytona 500 (which, ironically ISN'T a night race), Coca-Cola 600, Southern 500, the Bristol Night Race and the Homestead Bowl.

Speaking of schedules, I was driving from Bristol Tn to Norwalk Oh today and as I was going north on 77 through Virginia I passed 2 Penske haulers going north, and at about the same time I saw the Ricky Stenhouse Jr hauler going south. Were they testing somewhere over the weekend?

Speaking of schedules, I was driving from Bristol Tn to Norwalk Oh today and as I was going north on 77 through Virginia I passed 2 Penske haulers going north, and at about the same time I saw the Ricky Stenhouse Jr hauler going south. Were they testing somewhere over the weekend?

Were likely going to or coming from Iowa for the Xfinity race

Regarding the original post, I think April 2nd would be too early for Pocono and October 29th would be too late for Louden

hmmm

martinsville apil 2nd?
pocono april 23rd?

switch loudon and richmond in the hase?

Too cool to be in Richmond in March.

A mid-week night race at Atlanta would be a bust. People don't go there when it's on a weekend.

GET TALLADEGA OUT OF THE FLUCKING CHASE
It needs to stay and they also need to add a road course to the chase. Any type of track on the schedule prior to the chase should also be used during the chase. I'd be fine with Talladega not being an elimination race, but it needs to stay in the chase.

Reactions: Acs
Ok, so if I had to keep the same number of races at the same tracks...

2/18 Daytona (moved up a week, no unlimited)
2/26 Phoenix
3/5 Las Vegas
3/12 Fontana
3/19 Sonoma
3/26 Texas
4/2 Kansas (complete the western swing, maybe award a trophy for best driver over these 6)
4/9 Atlanta
4/16 Easter break. (Ain't no way NASCAR's racing on Easter)
4/23 Martinsville
4/30 Bristol
5/7 Kentucky (day after the Kentucky derby, cross market the **** out of it)
5/13 Talladega
5/20 Richmond
5/28 Charlotte (concludes the Southeast spring season, give out another award for best over last 7)
6/4 Break Weekend to replace All-Star race
6/11 Pocono
6/18 Dover
6/25 Michigan
7/1 Indianapolis
7/8 Loudon
7/16 Chicagoland
7/23 Watkins Glen (ends Northern Summer season, another trophy for best over last 7)
7/30 Richmond
8/6 Kansas
8/13 Dover
8/20 Loudon
8/26 Homestead (Night race regular season finale before the chase)
9/3 Darlington (Labor day, start of the chase)
9/9 Pocono
9/17 Bristol (Night Race, elimination race)
9/24 Michigan
10/1 Martinsville
10/7 Charlotte (Elimination Race)
10/15 Talladega
10/22 Texas
10/29 Phoenix (Elimination Race)
11/5 Daytona (Night race for the championship)

Don't focus too much on the specific days of the week IE night race vs day race. That's a whole 'nother topic. I just took the dates from the 2017 calendar to give a general sense of what week. Starting one week earlier and shortening the season to finish two weeks earlier should also give every race a warmer date on average (IE the season is shifted more into summer vs fall). Maybe that will be enough to get better numbers at some flagging tracks. Also for the chase, I tried to represent the whole season in miniature and cover all the types of tracks that NASCAR faces; 2 plate races, 2 short tracks, a Roval, a 2 miler and 4 intermediates of different sizes. If NASCAR ever took a date away and added another road course I'd put it in the chase over texas, but as of now the 2 we have work really well in the regular season. Thoughts?

5/7 Kentucky (day after the Kentucky derby, cross market the sh!t out of it)

I really like this idea. You could even make the Kentucky race a fancy "show your money" themed event since the Derby attracts that crowd anyway. Plus the Derby is usually Saturday late afternoon and the Kentucky race could be Sunday early afternoon.
A weekend in Kentucky! Churchill is only about an hour drive from the speedway. Build a helipad and fly all the celebrities in from Louisville, setup a parking lot for limos/party buses only.

RP races have no business whatsoever being in the chance. They are crap shoots where finishing position has very little to do with actual driving skill.

I'm guessing you've argued against plate races counting for championship points since 1988 then? Because it's the same deal with or without the chase.

Ok, so if I had to keep the same number of races at the same tracks...

2/18 Daytona (moved up a week, no unlimited)
2/26 Phoenix
3/5 Las Vegas
3/12 Fontana
3/19 Sonoma
3/26 Texas
4/2 Kansas (complete the western swing, maybe award a trophy for best driver over these 6)
4/9 Atlanta
4/16 Easter break. (Ain't no way NASCAR's racing on Easter)
4/23 Martinsville
4/30 Bristol
5/7 Kentucky (day after the Kentucky derby, cross market the sh!t out of it)
5/13 Talladega
5/20 Richmond
5/28 Charlotte (concludes the Southeast spring season, give out another award for best over last 7)
6/4 Break Weekend to replace All-Star race
6/11 Pocono
6/18 Dover
6/25 Michigan
7/1 Indianapolis
7/8 Loudon
7/16 Chicagoland
7/23 Watkins Glen (ends Northern Summer season, another trophy for best over last 7)
7/30 Richmond
8/6 Kansas
8/13 Dover
8/20 Loudon
8/26 Homestead (Night race regular season finale before the chase)
9/3 Darlington (Labor day, start of the chase)
9/9 Pocono
9/17 Bristol (Night Race, elimination race)
9/24 Michigan
10/1 Martinsville
10/7 Charlotte (Elimination Race)
10/15 Talladega
10/22 Texas
10/29 Phoenix (Elimination Race)
11/5 Daytona (Night race for the championship)

Don't focus too much on the specific days of the week IE night race vs day race. That's a whole 'nother topic. I just took the dates from the 2017 calendar to give a general sense of what week. Starting one week earlier and shortening the season to finish two weeks earlier should also give every race a warmer date on average (IE the season is shifted more into summer vs fall). Maybe that will be enough to get better numbers at some flagging tracks. Also for the chase, I tried to represent the whole season in miniature and cover all the types of tracks that NASCAR faces; 2 plate races, 2 short tracks, a Roval, a 2 miler and 4 intermediates of different sizes. If NASCAR ever took a date away and added another road course I'd put it in the chase over texas, but as of now the 2 we have work really well in the regular season. Thoughts?

Concern I would have about your "regional" racing swings is over saturation of a market. I understand it would be great for those that might want to follow the circuit but for some families to attend a NASCAR race on back to back weekends might not work (e.g. Bristol/Martinsville), whereas if there are several months between races it is more doable. I liked the beginning and ending in Daytona...actually had that thought when reading the first posted schedule.

Oh can I play? :)
  1. Daytona
  2. Five Flags
  3. Mobile
  4. Tucson
  5. Irwindale
  6. Kern County
  7. Portland
  8. Phoenix
  9. Toledo
  10. Motor Mile
  11. Greenville-Pickens
  12. South Boston
  13. Martinsville
  14. Richmond
  15. Bristol
  16. Charlotte
  17. Winchester :wub:
  18. New Jersey Motorsports Park
  19. Watkins Glen
  20. Daytona
  21. Stafford
  22. Thompson
  23. Loudon
  24. Bristol
  25. Darlington
  26. Atlanta
  27. Eldora (Chase Race #1)
  28. Richmond
  29. Martinsville (Elimination 1)
  30. Sonoma
  31. Colorado National
  32. Circuit of the Americas (Elimination 2)
  33. Charlotte
  34. New Smyrna
  35. Myrtle Beach or Carteret (Elimination 3)
  36. Las Vegas Bullring

1. Daytona
  2. Five Flags
  3. Mobile
  4. Tucson
  5. Irwindale
  6. Kern County
  7. Portland
  8. Phoenix
  9. Toledo
  10. Motor Mile
  11. Greenville-Pickens
  12. South Boston
  13. Martinsville
  14. Richmond
  15. Bristol
  16. Charlotte
  18. Daytona
  19. New Jersey Motorsports Park
  20. Watkins Glen
  21. Stafford
  22. Thompson
  23. Loudon
  24. Bristol
  25. Darlington
  26. Atlanta
  28. Richmond
  30. Sonoma
  31. Colorado National
  33. Charlotte
  34. New Smyrna
  36. Las Vegas Bullring
10000x yes

I'm guessing you've argued against plate races counting for championship points since 1988 then? Because it's the same deal with or without the chase.
No, it's not the same deal. Two plate races in the Chase is way over-represented. More importantly, having the "winner-take-all" finale at a plate track would be an abomination.

I go to football games in the upper peninsula in November, but you guys act like going to Richmond VIRGINIA in March is crazy...soft

Like most of you, I have a rich fantasy life.

For some reason, mine does not include NASCAR scheduling.

I go to football games in the upper peninsula in November, but you guys act like going to Richmond VIRGINIA in March is crazy...soft
LOL.. last time I was at Martinsville VIRGINIA in March it was sub-32 degrees and snowing. Figure that one out :p

1. Daytona
  2. Five Flags
  3. Mobile
  4. Tucson
  5. Irwindale
  6. Kern County
  7. Portland
  8. Phoenix
  9. Toledo
  10. Motor Mile
  11. Greenville-Pickens
  12. South Boston
  13. Martinsville
  14. Richmond
  15. Bristol
  16. Charlotte
  18. New Jersey Motorsports Park
  19. Watkins Glen
  20. Daytona
  21. Stafford
  22. Thompson
  23. Loudon
  24. Bristol
  25. Darlington
  26. Atlanta
  28. Richmond
  30. Sonoma
  31. Colorado National
  33. Charlotte
  34. New Smyrna
  36. Las Vegas Bullring
You will take Dover off the schedule over my dead body

LOL.. last time I was at Martinsville VIRGINIA in March it was sub-32 degrees and snowing. Figure that one out :p

If it snowed the morning of a Martinsville race, the fans would help shovel the place out. True story. :lol2:

I lived in the mountains about an hour away (to the west) and, one winter, we spent an entire month in single digit or subzero temperatures, with a -30° windchill. When it hit 30°, I broke out my shorts and t-shirts. :XXROFL:

While we make outlandish schedules here is mine made up randomly as I go along that has a race every week of the year because the offseason sucks
January
1)Daytona
2)Phoenix
3)California
4)Mexico City
5)Texas

February
6)Irwindale
7)Homestead
8)Daytona Road Course
9)Daytona backstretch short track

March
10)Talladega
11)Atlanta
12)road atlanta
13)myrtle beach

April
14)Bristol
15)Martinsville
16)VIR
17)Richmond
18)Dover

May
19)Dover harness track
20)New Jersey Motorsports Park
21)All Star Charlotte
22) Charlotte

June
23)Pocono
24)Lime Rock
25)New Hampshire
26)Watkins glen

July
27)daytona
28)Williams grove
29) eldora
30)indy
31)irp

August
32)michigan
33)chicago
34)kansas
35)kentucky

September
36)darlington
37)martinsville
38)sonoma
39)portland

October
40)dover
41)talladega
42)bristol
43)richmond
44)myrtle beach

November
45)barber
46)new orleans
47)seabring
48)laguna seca

December
49)daytona
50)homestead

That makes no sense but I am looking forward to enjoying some great pizza this weekend.

While we make outlandish schedules here is mine made up randomly as I go along that has a race every week of the year because the offseason sucks

Agree the off season sucks.
Had to laugh at the Dover harness racing track configuration. But Dover 3 times on your schedule huh? Big fan of Dover?

I also like how you just list random places. Mexico City, New Orleans, Portland, California, etc. The sad thing is that I think I know which track you are talking about when you list those places. I'm not familiar with the one in NO, and I don't think the track in Portland exists anymore but I could be wrong. Portland is/was a good track though.
Also, not a fan of Canada? Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)? Gilles Villeneuve? (Come on I expect more from an iRacer!) haha)
Anyway, great schedule.

Last edited:
Agree the off season sucks.
Had to laugh at the Dover harness racing track configuration. But Dover 3 times on your schedule huh? Big fan of Dover?

I also like how you just list random places. Mexico City, New Orleans, Portland, California, etc. The sad thing is that I think I know which track you are talking about when you list those places. I'm not familiar with the one in NO, and I don't think the track in Portland exists anymore but I could be wrong. Portland is/was a good track though.
Also, not a fan of Canada? Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)? Gilles Villeneuve? (Come on I expect more from an iRacer!) haha)
Anyway, great schedule.
Dover is my home track:D also since Andy took it off entirely on his. Forgot about Canada, California is Auto Club I just think it's a dumb name. Mexico City is where the Xfinity Series ran and New Orleans was where Indy ran that one race last year I just forgot the name of it. Some only ended up on my schedule because I needed to stay down south during the winter and was blanking on short tracks. And when I got close to Canada I was running out of dates. I mean I nearly forgot Darlington

Back
Top Bottom