Most Hated Track?

R

redrock

On the heels of the "Your Favorite Track" thread...o.k. gang, what track do you hate or would want to dump from the schedule?

For me it would be New Hampshire, nothing ever good comes from this race it seems, the only problem with getting ride of it; it would leave a big hole demographically for the New England market. Maybe Limerock to fill the void?

(Psst, Hey Nick? Might wanna spell that Pocono before the Spelling Police get here :lol: ).

New Hampshire kinda sucks. Some of the other cookie cutter tracks too, but not all of them.

New Hampshire, plate tracks, road courses, and any track that takes a date from Darlington. :angry:

Originally posted by turtle3539@Mar 25 2004, 11:33 AM
(Psst, Hey Nick? Might wanna spell that Pocono before the Spelling Police get here :lol: ).

New Hampshire kinda sucks. Some of the other cookie cutter tracks too, but not all of them.
Thanks Steph! your a big help! B) :D

NHIS could stand to lose a date, plate tracks lose 1 each, Limerock and Road Atlanta for replacements.

I hope dega dont loose one because its the closest cup track from me. just a little over 6 hours away.

i hope Nashville gets a cup race soon! but 4 now i will keep going to dega!

I'll bet that most of you who hate NH have never attended a race at that track.

Lots better real racing than has been seen at Bristol since they made it into a bowl paved with concrete. Great Demolition Derbies but I haven't seen a "race" from there since the track was reconfigured.

Of course the mentality amongst most of the drivers and fans both now seems to be, if you can't drive around 'em, just drive on through 'em.
To an old time fan of racing, that's called dirty driving, but Dale Earnhardt came along and convinced NASCAR and a large number of uninformed fans that type of thing was exciting, so...
It sure does sell lots of tickets.

As for LimeRock; it's a beautiful track, but...
no supporting infrastructure in the area, no access or egress to handle large amounts of traffic, nor even track facilities to handle the size crowds needed to support an event the size of a Nextel Cup show.

My least favorite track? How can a fan have a least favorite track?
If you are a true race fan, you don't care where they're racing this week, just as long as there's a race to be enjoyed somewhere; how about a trip to your local short track and watch some racers who love what they're doing so much that they are paying to do it?
Now that's real racing!

I think all the tracks should have only one date. Then some of the good tracks that don't have a date could have one without expanding the scegule.,

Most hated tracks:
1. Talladega
2. Daytona-both above because of the RP's
3. Chicago-Jeff hasn't won here
4. Texas-Jeff hasn't won here
5. Las Vegas

Originally posted by 24thunder@Mar 26 2004, 01:09 AM
Most hated tracks:
1. Talladega
5. Las Vegas
Sounds like good enough reasons to me :cheers:

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Mar 25 2004, 10:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Mar 25 2004, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--24thunder@Mar 26 2004, 01:09 AM
Most hated tracks:
1. Talladega
5. Las Vegas
Sounds like good enough reasons to me :cheers: [/b][/quote]
Yeah,seems the majority of fans feel that way,now if only NASCAR would listen to the majority of its fans.....nevermind,We're talking about NASCAR here :p :lol:

I can't really say I have a "most hated" track. But, one that could go away without me being in the least bit upset would be Infineon (Sonoma, Sears Point, Black Point, or whatever you want to call it). :) I don't know what it is about that track but I just watch them for the comedy on that Sunday. Surely NASCAR could find a better road course to replace it. :blink:

And Lappy............you got to keep Pocono!! :) It's the only 2 1/2 miler or more without a plate!! Besides the races there are for the most part very exciting!! :D

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Mar 25 2004, 10:09 PM
I can't really say I have a "most hated" track. But, one that could go away without me being in the least bit upset would be Infineon (Sonoma, Sears Point, Black Point, or whatever you want to call it). :) I don't know what it is about that track but I just watch them for the comedy on that Sunday. Surely NASCAR could find a better road course to replace it. :blink:

And Lappy............you got to keep Pocono!! :) It's the only 2 1/2 miler or more without a plate!! Besides the races there are for the most part very exciting!! :D
I agree about Pocono,great racing,it's the superspeedway that drives like a road course afterall.Perhaps not a great venue for watching it live,but it's great on TV ;)

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Mar 25 2004, 02:21 PM
I hope dega dont loose one because its the closest cup track from me. just a little over 6 hours away.

i hope Nashville gets a cup race soon! but 4 now i will keep going to dega!
But i;m not going to complane, the more reasions i have to go to BAMA with that track!! :lol:

I dont hate any track, but a few tracks that may lose my interest some years...are Las Vegas, Phoenix, or maybe California...now that isnt always that I dotn like those, just when the racing never seems to end...

california pocono (cause its way too long) anyone who disses on the road track is a jerkface those are so fun cause its like real skill driving i love watkins!

Burn New Hampshire Speedway to the ground, and stomp on it's remains, then burn the remains to make sure it doesnt come back up.

the rest for the life of me are Martinsville, Pocono and thats about it.

EDIT: Bristol removed to prevent my getting lynched. But I still dont like Bristol.

California is finally coming along. The first couple years it was just a smooth track with pretty fast speeds..........not a whole lot of racing except on the start and restarts. But I can tell you from going there for the last 4 years it's getting better. Three wide into turn 1 and so many times side by side out of turn four!! :D Aside from Steve Park getting all torn up on the first lap last year, it was one heck of a race!! I just knew Tony was going to lap the field......until he blew up!! :( And good old Jimmy Spencer had a good one going too until that oil line ruptured. :) It's a good track to go to..........don't sell it short!

Can't wait till May 2nd......cutie and I are going back to turn 4 instead of our one time experiment with turn 1 last year!! If the racing keeps improving like it has for the last 4, this year should be better yet!! :cheers:

Originally posted by Tommy29@Mar 25 2004, 08:23 PM
california pocono (cause its way too long) anyone who disses on the road track is a jerkface those are so fun cause its like real skill driving i love watkins!
To each their own...........

*signed Jerkface*

Originally posted by Bucky Badger@Mar 25 2004, 05:15 PM
Yes I am I Race and yes I do Have a least favorite track. New Hampshire. :p
Best post in this thread!

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2+Mar 25 2004, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DE_Wrangler_2 @ Mar 25 2004, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Mar 25 2004, 08:23 PM

*signed Jerkface* [/b][/quote]
I don't like road courses either.........

signed jerkface #2............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

name calling, isn't that a bit infantile? :angry:

I enjoyed reading this thread. I find it interested that fans do not like the RP tracks, and do like the RC tracks. Although I do like the RP tracks sometimes it is a little boring, but not as boring as the RC tracks.

So my least favorite track comes down to two, one in NY and the other in California and they are both RC tracks.

So meet another jerkface.

Originally posted by cutiepie24+Mar 25 2004, 11:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cutiepie24 @ Mar 25 2004, 11:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -DE_Wrangler_2@Mar 25 2004, 08:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29
@Mar 25 2004, 08:23 PM

*signed Jerkface*
I don't like road courses either.........

signed jerkface #2............ :lol: :lol: :lol:

name calling, isn't that a bit infantile? :angry: [/b][/quote]
I should say the same to you.

I'm sure everyone can get their points across without resulting to infintile posting.

Let's all act like the adults we are.

Originally posted by Tommy29+Mar 26 2004, 09:03 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tommy29 @ Mar 26 2004, 09:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Mar 25 2004, 08:23 PM

[/b][/quote]

Tommy.

FYI, your post is insulting to others,

It is also demeaning and degrading................................to yourself.

i thought i could use tongue in cheek humor. if you guys hung out with me in real life you would know i was joking.

Originally posted by Tommy29@Mar 27 2004, 09:38 AM
i thought i could use tongue in cheek humor. if you guys hung out with me in real life you would know i was joking.
Is there an apology in there somewhere ????

Originally posted by Tommy29@Mar 25 2004, 11:23 PM
If the road courses require so much skill, shouldn't the ovals be a cake walk for the highley skilled road course experts? Passing under the caution and ignoring a gentleman's agreement requires no skill at all.

Originally posted by Patrick9999+Mar 28 2004, 07:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Patrick9999 @ Mar 28 2004, 07:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tommy29@Mar 25 2004, 11:23 PM
If the road courses require so much skill, shouldn't the ovals be a cake walk for the highley skilled road course experts? Passing under the caution and ignoring a gentleman's agreement requires no skill at all. [/b][/quote]
I've never seen a driver go off course and end up in the kitty litter at any oval :eek: :lol:
The cars are much harder to set-up also when They turn left and right,takes a more complete package to exceed at the road courses,very few places to pass on the road courses as well,I'd say it shows more skill than an oval anyday.
I know a lot of fans would like to see the 2 road course events be done away with,this would be a dang shame IMO,but wouldn't surprise Me with Brian France at the helm if this were to happen.We need another road course event,in just over 10 years time NASCAR has went from around a 30 race season to the current 36 point races season,yet the road course events remain at just 2 races or a 5.5% rate among different track types,meanwhile the(mostly) hated cookie-cutter track types account for over 70.0(+)% of track types in a season,this is the real shame :p

My two cents is...love the road courses,...if nothing else, it's a change of pace and don't really like the Phoenix track....usually a boring race!

Back
Top Bottom