NASCAR 2013 - BOLD Prediction Thread

Wanted to go with Danica Patrick being named 2013 Most Popular Driver but that doesn't get announced until after Homestead. :(

Wanted to go with Danica Patrick being named 2013 Most Popular Driver but that doesn't get announced until after Homestead. :(
You could say that this:

NASCAR+News.jpg
will be the new sprint girl fire suit.

lol

You wanna stick with that order DPK?
getadietdew's making the prediction, not me. I just want to make sure that I get it correct. I think 1, 2, 3 & 4 finishing positions are BOLD enough. I want to be certain that it is meant to be the HMS banner, that's all.

getadietdew's making the prediction, not me. I just want to make sure that I get it correct. I think 1, 2, 3 & 4 finishing positions are BOLD enough. I want to be certain that it is meant to be the HMS banner, that's all.
I want clarification on his phrase, "end chase". Does that mean at the end of the season, or merely how they'll finish the Homestead race? After all, that technically ends the Chase.

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

ted@economy - Jeff Burton will win a Cup race this year.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

Okay..... My first prediction seemed to get panned as not being BOLD enough. My second appeared to have already been chosen, which I would have seen had my reading comprehension been better. Perhaps too many Bud Lights? That is not the problem with my next/final one although many may disagree.

With the combo of recent announcements of a new multi-year contract in the books and an increased presence in the Truck/Nationwide Series during the 2013 season my BOLD prediction is 2013 - first time Sprint Cup Champion - Kyle Busch.

Okay..... My first prediction seemed to get panned as not being BOLD enough. My second appeared to have already been chosen, which I would have seen had my reading comprehension been better. Perhaps too many Bud Lights? That is not the problem with my next/final one although many may disagree.

With the combo of recent announcements of a new multi-year contract in the books and an increased presence in the Truck/Nationwide Series during the 2013 season my BOLD prediction is 2013 - first time Sprint Cup Champion - Kyle Busch.

That's bold when you consider how that formula worked out in the past, and no cup champ in the last 15 years has run in more than 11 minor league events. IMO, focusing on cup last year was working, and Kyle had his best chase ever. He should stick with the game plan.

Three is a charm, so good luck taking down the King while betting on that candy ass. :p

That's bold when you consider how that formula worked out in the past, and no cup champ in the last 15 years has run in more than 11 minor league events. IMO, focusing on cup last year was working, and Kyle had his best chase ever. He should stick with the game plan.

Three is a charm, so good luck taking down the King while betting on that candy ass. :p
I agree that it's pretty darn bold. In those years Kyle has made the Chase, he's been noted his ability to quickly hit bottom and commence digging. I'm still not sold on the JGR engine program.

I agree that it's pretty darn bold. In those years Kyle has made the Chase, he's been noted his ability to quickly hit bottom and commence digging. I'm still not sold on the JGR engine program.

If my calculations are correct, Toyota has the oldest block design because they were the first to get the green light. Maybe they now have to push too far to keep up with the newer blocks.

Counting on NASCAR's new track drying device to have the ability to part the Red Sea, as necessary, I predict that: No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

Counting on NASCAR's new track drying device to have the ability to part the Red Sea, as necessary, I predict that: No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.
you must be dp's drinking partner:XXROFL:,welcome.

It is at Richmond International Raceway
Neither are being run under that name this year. They are the Toyota Owners 400 & the Federated Auto Parts 400. I don't see any races being run in 2013 under the name Capitol City 400 unless that's your name for it. You'll have to pick one or the other or even both..... Or, you can pick something else.

Predictions so far.....
#17D500winner - Chase drivers, in alphabetical order. Biffle,Bowyer,Busch (Kyle),Earnhardt,Edwards,Gordon,Hamlin,Johnson,Kahne,Kenseth,Keselowski,Stewart

AndyMarquisLive - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. will win at least one Cup race this season.

Blaze88 - Danica wins one of the four Plate races.

BobbyFord - Matt Kenseth will get 5 wins in the JGR #20

buckaroo - Ambrose will win at least two races.

Bucky Badger - There will be no first time winners in a cup race this year.

Charlie Spencer - Danica Patrick will compete in the 2013 All-Star race.

dirtguru - Joey Lagano will make the Chase.

dpkimmel2001 - 2013 first time Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch.

fenderbumper - Brad Keselowski will win 10 or more races in 2013.

getadietdew - HMS drivers finish 1,2,3 & 4 in the final 2013 point standings.

GrizzlyBearBob - Danica Patrick will make the Chase!

Jeffrey00 - Joey Logano will finish 20th or worse in the Cup points standings for 2013.

JimmieGordon2448 - Not one Roush driver will make the chase.

Johali - Jeff Gordon wins 5 or more races and the championship.

kkfan91 - Kasey Kahne wins the Cup and a minimum of 3 races.

Matthew2470 - Danica Patrick will win a NASCAR race in 2013.

MOEJOE - Travis Pastrana will finish top five in points in the Nationwide Series this season.

MoparFan13 - RCR, FRM, Andretti Motorsports and RPM will announce they'll be driving Dodges in 2014

MRM - A JGR driver will win the championship.

nascage - Tony Stewart will win his first Daytona 500.

Nitro Dude - Dale Earnhardt Jr will win both Talladega races in 2013.

PeopleAreStrange - Jeff Gordon will win @ Kentucky and become the first driver ever to win at every track he has competed on in the Cup series!

pjmolo - No race will be rescheduled to a later date due to rain AND no race will be shortened by rain.

racer8 - Dale jr the champ

robbybee - Brad Keslowski will repeat as Sprint Cup Champion in 2013.

SlicedBread22 - Joey Logano wins at least once in all 3 top series in 2013.

Smoke14 - Toyota wins the cup.

SpeedPagan - Keselowski will have a dismal season due to the car change and not place in The Chase.

Stewart Fan - Ricky Stenhouse JR will make the Chase.

ted@economy - Jeff Burton will win a Cup race this year.

Thegroundpounder99 - Kurt Busch will win 2 races and qualify for the Chase.

VaDirt - Danica Patrick will have at least 5 top-10 finishes in Cup competition in 2013.

wilson89 - Clint Bowyer will be the 2013 Sprint Cup Champion.

Zerkfitting - Ambrose will make the Chase.
Subject to change.

My prediction.

Dale Jr will not win a Sprint Cup race in 2013 and Marcos Ambrose will win a non plate, non road course Sprint Cup race in 2013.

Should be clear enough I think.

Cheers.

I'm going to change my prediction. I still think that Jeff Burton will win a race but ,in the event of a tie , I would surely lose cause it's too easy. I'm going with Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart.

I'm going to change my prediction. I still think that Jeff Burton will win a race but ,in the event of a tie , I would surely lose cause it's too easy. I'm going with Ricky Stenhouse and Danica Patrick will finish the regular season less than ten positions apart.
so, you want me to lose the Jeff Burton part of it then?

Back
Top Bottom