nascar.com new website

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
before the season started nascar.com was updated. is it just me or is this one of the most awful "update" to a website I have ever seen. I can't believe how terrible the new site is. its very difficult to find what you want and worse yet there seems to be some sort of problem with the site all the time. just now I looked at the site and the main scrolling stories would not open at all. nascar if you are reading fire the web guy and blow up the site and start over again.

It's getting better, and now has some common sense features like all the race weekend info in one place, easy links for Q order and practice speeds, etc. It's getting there. The HUGE front page still causes problems for may. It's 10 or 12 full frames with a lot of images. I can't imagine how long it takes to load on a mobile device.

Tried to find the qualifying results, finally gave up.
Go to the Schedule page:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

Scroll down to this week's race and look for the 'Maximize' button on the right. Click it to get practice and qualifying, but sometimes it takes the NASCAR web gurus a while to get it updated.

If someone could tell me where the entry lists are, I'll cheer for your favorite driver this week.

Go to the Schedule page:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

Scroll down to this week's race and look for the 'Maximize' button on the right. Click it to get practice and qualifying, but sometimes it takes the NASCAR web gurus a while to get it updated.

If someone could tell me where the entry lists are, I'll cheer for your favorite driver this week.

jayski.com, where else ?

http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2013/story/_/page/04-Bristol-2013-Entry-List

I wouldn't call him my favorite driver, but Denny Hamlin could probably use an "atta-boy" right about now . . .

jayski.com, where else ?
Yeah, I didn't make myself clear. The fantasy league I run is based on the 'official' list on NASCAR.com. I've been using Jayski, but occasionally he doesn't match. When they don't match it's usually because Jay's up to date and NASCAR is based on outdated original entry blanks, but still...

Yeah, I didn't make myself clear. The fantasy league I run is based on the 'official' list on NASCAR.com. I've been using Jayski, but occasionally he doesn't match. When they don't match it's usually because Jay's up to date and NASCAR is based on outdated original entry blanks, but still...

I found the official list by google-ing it first, but it's on the race's 'Viewer's Guide'. Look for the "(race name) official entry list revealed" icon on the right side of the page. The Viewer's Guide is under the 'News & Media' tab on the main page.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-series-entry-list-bristol-food-city-500.html

I agree with putterspitt's summary. :cheers:
And I especially do not like the black background on the live leaderboard... What don't they understand about very dark lettering on a light background being EASIER TO READ. :idunno:

The website is great for a tablet. Trying to navigate it on a computer is terrible though... it requires way too many clicks just to get to one thing.

The website is great for a tablet. Trying to navigate it on a computer is terrible though... it requires way too many clicks just to get to one thing.
Oh no, we agree on something else, this is terrible, oh woe is me.

Yup, that's how it starts. Next, it'll be, "How do you like your steak...?" :eek:

And from there it's just a matter of time before they're moving to a New England state and picking a china pattern...

I thought about that but I'm happily heterosexual and prefer the wife, but you two sound like that scenario would work pretty good for you, give it a try.

There site was terrible before but is basically not usable anymore. Why did speed kill off there forum

i thought i hated it just because i'm old and don't like change. worse yet cbs sportsline nascar link goes directly to the nascar.com site.

There site was terrible before but is basically not usable anymore. Why did speed kill off there forum
A lot of forums have suddenly ceased to exist, maybe somebody knows why but I dont, inactivity probably played a part in some of them and thats why some mods on some sites log on with several different S/Ns to keep the activity level up.

guess I am partially to blame then as I ususally just read and dont post much

The Nascar.com site needs to be made user friendly. I usually use a search engine to find the race information I need.

Freakin raceview stopped workin again.

Raceview stopped at lap 32, restarted at lap176, worked until 37 to go then stopped for good. Piece of sheet that we pay for, said they were gonna give us two extra weeks, yahoo, big freakin deal.

Raceview stopped at lap 32, restarted at lap176, worked until 37 to go then stopped for good. Piece of sheet that we pay for, said they were gonna give us two extra weeks, yahoo, big freakin deal.
What pisses me off the most is wasting time trying to get it to work when I could be watching the race.

I am shocked that nascar.com has been allowed to be turned into a total mess. I just can't believe nascar doesn't do something about it. Its a terrible website.

someone mentioned web forums, years ago Speed had a thriving nascar forum it was huge with 3-4 pages of new posts each day. then they turned it over to a couple of total and I mean total jackasses. one went by the handle "corner marshal". I think all he wanted to do was ban people. frankly what they did was run everyone off simple as that. I got banned myself, well like I said simply put they run everyone off.

The old NASCAR website was just fine. I hate when companies try to make their stuff overly flashy. People seem to be plenty content with things just being functional. Hell look at Craigslist.
But yeah, this is real crap. Thats what made me find this site actually, because I wanted to be able to interact with people and talk racing.

I honestly can never find what I am looking for on that site now...and if you try getting on it on a mobile device..it aint happening!

Back
Top Bottom