Nascar divided

racer8

Team Owner
I would like to hear some opinions from you people on the possililty of nascar splitting into two seperate leauges. It seems to me with the introduction of a playoff type system that they could have this in mind for somewhere down the road. kinda like football/baseball leauges.
I remember talk of this several years back and it seemed to just go away. everyone said no way and it was just dropped.
Just makes me wonder.

Who cares? Since the suits can't leave well enough alone, and have to change a perfectly good thing, I'm done with it.

I've been concerned about the same thing.
It seems to me the possibility of creating 4 divisions, North, South, Midwest & west might be in the cards for the future. Then they'd have 40 cars in the playoffs. To me, that is a scary thought and I would not like it at all.

Although I am not optomistic about this Announcement on Tuesday AM,
I will try to hold any further comments on my discontent on this subject.
Hoping against hope that NASCAR might have come to it's senses.

I know, I know...............................Prolly a pipe dream, huh????

:p ^_^ <_< :wacko: :D

I'm not for any multiple racing leagues in Cup racing,but one good side of it would undoubtedly be a chance to visit more tracks,but I don't see how NASCAR would fill all of those driver's seats,We'd be talking at least like 80 drivers or more,a few of the drivers in the Cup Series now don't seem to belong there IMO,that's with only about 40 "full-time" drivers running,it doesn't seem practical to Me anyway ;)

If NASCAR split anything up it would follow the same road as the open wheel split (IRL/CART) whereas the general public will be less interested in following a more complex racing series..jmo.

might as well they have totaly screwed up a perfectly good sport.
does anyone remember buyin tickets on raceday morning for $15.00 a coke $.75 and a hotdog for $1.00 then gettin to see a great race on top of all that.
man i miss the old days.
the above is true, thats what my first race cost. and by the way it was the spring 1978 BMS race.

I am undecided right now over the playoff system, I'll wait until the full details come out, thats when I can openly speculate about it.

Right now, I think NASCAR should consider adding more road-courses to the schedule (or add another rp date at Daytona or Talladega or build a ridiculously huge restrictor plate track so it could make me happy for one), replace tracks like Martinsville and Loudon. I think some of the fans have taken a liking to road racing and other types of racing besides short tracks and it should partially get rid of the 'oval-sport' description that some portions of the public have blatantly thrown out at it.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jan 19 2004, 08:34 PM

Right now, I think NASCAR should consider adding more road-courses to the schedule (or add another rp date at Daytona or Talladega or build a ridiculously huge restrictor plate track so it could make me happy for one), replace tracks like Martinsville and Loudon. I think some of the fans have taken a liking to road racing and other types of racing besides short tracks and it should partially get rid of the 'oval-sport' description that some portions of the public have blatantly thrown out at it.
have you totally lost your mind MORE restrictor plate racin !!!!!
:cuckoo: :cuckoo:

IMO, if NASCAR splits, it's gone. People want to see the big names, not back-markers. They just flat won't go to see races if the "names" aren't there.

I know I won't.

Originally posted by de7xwcc+Jan 19 2004, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (de7xwcc @ Jan 19 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Happy29@Jan 19 2004, 08:34 PM

have you totally lost your mind MORE restrictor plate racin !!!!!
:cuckoo: :cuckoo: [/b][/quote]
agreed, :lol:

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady@Jan 19 2004, 09:39 PM
IMO, if NASCAR splits, it's gone. People want to see the big names, not back-markers. They just flat won't go to see races if the "names" aren't there.

I know I won't.
I think all the big names will still be there. The Gordons, Harvicks, Earnhardts and Johnsons.They would have to compete with a lot of nobodys. Not all big names are on the Bulls, Titans, Yankees or Red Wings. Just a thought. :D

Dumbest thing i have heard so far, the entire concept of Nascar as we know it would be down the drain. I think some one is just trying to stir up trouble, i really doubt this will happen.

Originally posted by Mopardh9@Jan 19 2004, 07:08 PM
Dumbest thing i have heard so far, the entire concept of Nascar as we know it would be down the drain. I think some one is just trying to stir up trouble, i really doubt this will happen.
I am far from a trouble maker. just wanted some thoughts on the subject. after all like I said there was rumor of this several years ago.
by the way Gollum good point.
:cheers:
I only want everyone to be open minded about this.

Didn't mean you starting trouble, meant the media or who ever originaly proposed this. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom