nascar ended up with a corrupt race

It looks like NASCAR already has a thermonuclear blast resistant level of evidence on this.

And me , I haven't seen a shred of 'evidence' , not do I think it's any big deal anyway . People would be more pissed if it was Kyle Busch and less pissed if it was Jeff Gordon . To say it's never happened before is nuts .

Why are these teams so obvious with this stuff?
This is what I was thinking, too. If MWR had used even the minimal amount of discretion, maybe they could've gotten away with it. Not too say that it deserves a penalty from NASCAR, but Mikey may come to regret being so blatant. Eyes and ears are everywhere!

The Golden Rule.

Karma.

Payback.

What goes around, comes around

OMG the holier than thou ranting of all the church ladies .

I know, right? It's like someone replaced the real members with the damned campfire girls.

This is a dixie cup tossed out the window, an imaginary drop of oil. Racers have influenced the outcome of races since races have existed. Technically, that's ALL racers do....

Clint is a race car driver and did what race car drivers sometimes do. Better the driver than the sanctioning body anytime.

I can fix all of this. Just dump the chase next year:)
The race before the chase has become so important that this kind of stuff has become too tempting. Ending the chase would reduce the chances of this happening again - only by reducing the number of teams being tempted. Two teams in close competition for the cup might also be tempted to use team cars to affect the outcome. Multi-car teams also contribute to temptation to affect the outcome.

It wouldnt bother me if Nascar stripped MWR of all points earned last night. That would send an incredible message to the offenders and beneficiaries, they could also penalize Edwards a single postion or even a lap.

But I am thinking the fall out would even be worse than the original sin. Nascar isnt going to do that to Napa, 5 hour, and Aarons, because that is the real priorty. And to be fair racing takes a stupid amount of money and demands.

The Warren commision could do a better job of resolving the issue. They might step up the Tech harassment, but that's the most to be expected.

This type of thing could happen during the last race of the year just as easily. I am not defending the chase because I don't like it, I'm just not blaming the chase for what can happen at any given race.

You gotta love how Waltrip tries to act like such a nice, goofy, guy on TV...but he always manages for his true colors to slip out..one way or another.

If I were one of the drivers impacted by this stunt, particularly Newman & Gordon, I wouldn't be exactly "respectful" racing his cars the rest of the season...

Last nights race was supposed to decide fairly who got in and who was left out of the chase, past races were just that, past races and they had no bearing on the outcome of last nights race but MWR, Michael Waltrip, Brian Pattie, Ty Norris, Clint Bowyer, Brian Vickers and others interfered with and affected the outcome of the race to the chase to get Martin Truex Jr. in the chase and that is unacceptable. How does nascar fix it? They wont, they will spin it and pussyfoot around and make things worse, how do you get Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman back in the chase where they belong and give the win that he deserves to Ryan Newman? Damned if I know but what I do know is if they don't drop the world on Michael Waltrip and everyone involved then Nascars image may be damaged beyond repair.

Last nights race was supposed to decide fairly who got in and who was left out of the chase, past races were just that, past races and they had no bearing on the outcome of last nights race but MWR, Michael Waltrip, Brian Pattie, Ty Norris, Clint Bowyer, Brian Vickers and others interfered with and affected the outcome of the race to the chase to get Martin Truex Jr. in the chase and that is unacceptable. How does nascar fix it? They wont, they will spin it and pussyfoot around and make things worse, how do you get Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman back in the chase where they belong and give the win that he deserves to Ryan Newman? Damned if I know but what I do know is if they don't drop the world on Michael Waltrip and everyone involved then Nascars image may be damaged beyond repair.
Exactly these guys conspire to change the outcome of the race and the chase. changing some drivers lifes

It wouldnt bother me if Nascar stripped MWR of all points earned last night. That would send an incredible message to the offenders and beneficiaries, they could also penalize Edwards a single postion or even a lap.

But I am thinking the fall out would even be worse than the original sin. Nascar isnt going to do that to Napa, 5 hour, and Aarons, because that is the real priorty. And to be fair racing takes a stupid amount of money and demands.

The Warren commision could do a better job of resolving the issue. They might step up the Tech harassment, but that's the most to be expected.

read this. then re-read this. and then when nascar does nothing to change last night's finish after it's "investigation", come back and read it again. because this is the truth, like it or not! :)

read this. then re-read this. and then when nascar does nothing to change last night's finish after it's "investigation", come back and read it again. because this is the truth, like it or not! :)
Yes that is what is going to happen, but it doesn't change the facts and peoples minds.

In your opinion not mine.

In your opinion not mine.

Johali: just to clarify, I didn't mean nothing funky went on last night. what I am saying is that nascar won't touch this with a ten...make that a twenty foot pole. there's a good chance nascar got played last night. but my opinion is they will never admit it. the closest thing we will see will be rule changes prior to next year. again, this is just my opinion.

btw: just noticed-Beer Run Transport. really? feel free to stop by anytime!

What needs to happen here is for the media to flog away at this. This is one entity that those crooked bastards cant control or at least I dont think they can. There needs to be some major damning headlines right before the chase to hit nas-scam right in the pocketbooks.
ESPN has been hammering them on sportscenter all day

ESPN has been simulcasting their NFL Radio show all day. Literally. For 6 hours. From 1-7pm, you get to watch a radio show. Riveting.
They aren't even bothering to air any competing sport against NFL sunday games. Instead they are just broadcasting their radio show 6 hours. It's just two guys in a booth talking about the NFL games you can watch on other channels.

ESPN has been simulcasting their NFL Radio show all day. Literally. For 6 hours. From 1-7pm, you get to watch a radio show. Riveting.
They aren't even bothering to air any competing sport against NFL sunday games. Instead they are just broadcasting their radio show 6 hours. It's just two guys in a booth talking about the NFL games you can watch on other channels.

Why bother comoeting against the biggest sport in the country?

NASCRAP knows they have to weather the storm till atleast Tuesday. If it becomes apparent that the media wont let the story die, they have to face the ethical issues and their credibility. Rusty,Brad.Ray, all said the same thing regarding the spin. Throw in the Vickers deal and it sums up the MWR intentions. IMO...It's a toss up if NASCRAP does anything regarding this....If not it will keep the HARDCORE FAN watching....Because we ALL know there is going to be serious payback/backlash of the MWR team.....

ESPN.com had to shut down the NASCRAP comment/chat for last nights race, because it was getting brutal with all the NASCRAP HATE...

After seeing a transcript between Vickers and his crew chief, it also appears that Vickers had no idea what was going on. He was told to pit and he had no idea why. As stated in the espn article, his crew chief told him to pit because "We need that 1 point." Looks like Vickers and Truex had nothing to do with what happened nor did they know what was going on. As I've stated, I wanted Truex to be in the chase, but now I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Lost a lot of respect for Bowyer and Michael Waltrip after all of this evidence.

After seeing a transcript between Vickers and his crew chief, it also appears that Vickers had no idea what was going on. He was told to pit and he had no idea why. As stated in the espn article, his crew chief told him to pit because "We need that 1 point." Looks like Vickers and Truex had nothing to do with what happened nor did they know what was going on. As I've stated, I wanted Truex to be in the chase, but now I'm not too sure how I feel about it. Lost a lot of respect for Bowyer and Michael Waltrip after all of this evidence.
Ummm Brent ...Vickers figured out what they wanted. He obviously didn't really like it. So questioned it.....but then did it for the team.

If I were in charge....... Throw the yellow when CB spun. Keep the yellow out and finish under it. Newman wins. On the other hand if his pit crew gets him out 1st he might when anyway.

NASCRAP knows they have to weather the storm till atleast Tuesday. If it becomes apparent that the media wont let the story die, they have to face the ethical issues and their credibility. Rusty,Brad.Ray, all said the same thing regarding the spin. Throw in the Vickers deal and it sums up the MWR intentions. IMO...It's a toss up if NASCRAP does anything regarding this....If not it will keep the HARDCORE FAN watching....Because we ALL know there is going to be serious payback/backlash of the MWR team.....
Clint better hope he doesn't get near Newman next week and I would completely support Newman ruining all of the MWR car championship hopes.

Waltrip proved he really is a slime ball.
They are both in but neither is going to win it.

Hopefully NASCAR does something that makes it so that it was totally not worth it for Clint and Brian to do what they did. If it were up to me I'd issue the following penalties:

Clint Bowyer: 100 driver/owner points, $250,000 fine and disqualification from Chase. Crew chief fined $250,000 and suspended until January 1st 2014
Brian Vickers: 50 driver/owner points. $150,000 fine. Crew chief fined $150,000 and suspended until January 1st 2014.

I realize that this is incredibly harsh but I think the hammer needs to be dropped in order to preserve/rehabilitate NASCAR's integrity.

Hopefully NASCAR does something that makes it so that it was totally not worth it for Clint and Brian to do what they did. If it were up to me I'd issue the following penalties:

Clint Bowyer: 100 driver/owner points, $250,000 fine and disqualification from Chase. Crew chief fined $250,000 and suspended until January 1st 2014
Brian Vickers: 50 driver/owner points. $150,000 fine. Crew chief fined $150,000 and suspended until January 1st 2014.

I realize that this is incredibly harsh but I think the hammer needs to be dropped in order to preserve/rehabilitate NASCAR's integrity.

The only problem is, if they disqualified Bowyer from the chase, who would replace him?? Their bs caused two drivers to miss the chase.

They are both in but neither is going to win it.

Yeah I don't expect them to win but I'm all for Newman's breaks suddenly to give out when Clint is leaving pit road and give him a nice bump

Let me state again: My opinion has nothing to do with Jeff Gordon missing the Chase. That team has underperformed for 2 years straight and I'm hopeful that they bring in someone to right the ship.

My anger is that my favorite sport has MWR scumbag slime all over it and it's caused me (and a multitude of others) to seriously question whether or not we should continue to invest our time and money into a sanctioning body that would tolerate this.

Back
Top Bottom