NASCAR Memes?

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Just wondering if anyone on this board has an admin spot on NASCAR memes on facebook?

I made this meme during the race
image.jpg

45 minutes ago, this meme pops up on NASCAR Memes page
image.jpg

Either someone here suggested this meme or is an admin to the page, or I'm just that damn good. :D

I don't do facebook, but I just googled nascar memes/image/search and had a good time looking at all of them.

U9natyY.jpg

believe it is....good eye

Well I saw a Monster Girl and had to look around... Kinda random he was there.. Ya know he was racing short course trophy trucks for awhile?

my brother met him at an airport layover once, said he was kinda weird. said he was decked out with rockstar then

my brother met him at an airport layover once, said he was kinda weird. said he was decked out with rockstar then

I grew up in the same area the Metal Mulisha are out of(tasteless sense of style fwiw).. I was out riding my dirtbike when I was a kid.. It died on me, idk, probably my own fault. Anyway, he was driving somewhere out in the sticks, stopped his truck to help me get my bike running. Good looking out.

He is kinda weird, he twitches and stuff haha

Somebody please tell me what a MEMES is?
Betsy

meme
mēm/
noun
  1. an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    • a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
An Internet meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.[1] Some notable examples include posting a photo of people lying down in public places (called "planking") and uploading a short video of people dancing to the Harlem Shake.

A meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".[2] An Internet meme may take the form of an image, hyperlink, video, picture, website, or hashtag. It may be just a word or phrase, including an intentionalmisspelling. These small movements tend to spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, or news sources. They may relate to various existing Internet cultures or subcultures, often created or spread on sites such as Reddit,Tumblr and numerous others, or by Usenet boards and other such early-internet communications facilities. Fads and sensations tend to grow rapidly on the Internet, because the instant communication facilitates word-of-mouth transmission.

The word "meme" was coined by Richard Dawkins in his 1976 book The Selfish Gene, as an attempt to explain the way cultural information spreads;[3] Internet memes are a subset of this general meme concept specific to the culture and environment of the Internet. In 2013 Dawkins characterized an Internet meme as being a meme deliberately altered by human creativity—distinguished from biological genes and Dawkins' pre-Internet concept of a meme which involved mutation by random change and spreading through accurate replication as in Darwinian selection.[4] Dawkins explained that Internet memes are thus a "hijacking of the original idea," the very idea of a meme having mutated and evolved in this new direction.[5]Further, Internet memes carry an additional property that ordinary memes do not—Internet memes leave a footprint in the media through which they propagate (for example, social networks) that renders them traceable and analyzable.[6]

Internet memes seem to be a subset that Susan Blackmore called temes—memes which live in technological artifacts instead of the human mind.[7]

I found a hilarious one for Danica, but I don't think it was forum appropriate.

meme
mēm/
noun
  1. an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    • a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
An Internet meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.[1] Some notable examples include posting a photo of people lying down in public places (called "planking") and uploading a short video of people dancing to the Harlem Shake.

A meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".[2] An Internet meme may take the form of an image, hyperlink, video, picture, website, or hashtag. It may be just a word or phrase, including an intentionalmisspelling. These small movements tend to spread from person to person via social networks, blogs, direct email, or news sources. They may relate to various existing Internet cultures or subcultures, often created or spread on sites such as Reddit,Tumblr and numerous others, or by Usenet boards and other such early-internet communications facilities. Fads and sensations tend to grow rapidly on the Internet, because the instant communication facilitates word-of-mouth transmission.

The word "meme" was coined by Richard Dawkins in his 1976 book The Selfish Gene, as an attempt to explain the way cultural information spreads;[3] Internet memes are a subset of this general meme concept specific to the culture and environment of the Internet. In 2013 Dawkins characterized an Internet meme as being a meme deliberately altered by human creativity—distinguished from biological genes and Dawkins' pre-Internet concept of a meme which involved mutation by random change and spreading through accurate replication as in Darwinian selection.[4] Dawkins explained that Internet memes are thus a "hijacking of the original idea," the very idea of a meme having mutated and evolved in this new direction.[5]Further, Internet memes carry an additional property that ordinary memes do not—Internet memes leave a footprint in the media through which they propagate (for example, social networks) that renders them traceable and analyzable.[6]

Internet memes seem to be a subset that Susan Blackmore called temes—memes which live in technological artifacts instead of the human mind.[7]
So in other words, a captioned photo. ;)

Back
Top Bottom