NASCAR stages road course test at Charlotte Motor Speedway

All I'm saying is I've been following sports car and Indy car road racing since the mid-80's. Tracks like Charlotte, Michigan, Pocono, Phoenix, Homestead, Indy, have had sports car races over the years, and almost to a person, the driver's hated them, and the FANS hated them. If a roval sucks for a sports car, it will suck for a stock car X3. Daytona ONLY works, (if you can call it that) because the infield is so big and the race is loaded with history and prestige. Otherwise, it stinks as a racecourse nearly as much as the others. Ever watch an IROC race on the Daytona road course? Zzzzzzzzzz.

:)

I'm not saying I'd want it, but Pocono would make a LOT more sense than Charlotte does. Done properly, you could have a really first class course instead a of a bowl of spaghetti thrown into an infield.

I believe it was LewTheShoe that predicted that this was a possibility.

Pocono ready if NASCAR wants road course
http://www.poconorecord.com/news/20181003/pocono-ready-if-nascar-wants-road-course
I believe it is a near-certainty at Pocono *unless* Nascar has indicated to Igdalsky that Pocono will soon lose their second date. I've raced the Pocono road course in both directions, although the infield section has been modified a bit since I raced there. I hope it does happen. Some "roval" courses are so Mickey Mouse that they resemble autocross in a parking lot, but Pocono has room enough for a proper road course with some serious straightaways. Bring it!

Pocono Road Course.jpg

I believe it is a near-certainty at Pocono *unless* Nascar has indicated to Igdalsky that Pocono will soon lose their second date. I've raced the Pocono road course in both directions, although the infield section has been modified a bit since I raced there. I hope it does happen. Some "roval" courses are so Mickey Mouse that they resemble autocross in a parking lot, but Pocono has room enough for a proper road course with some serious straightaways. Bring it!

View attachment 36369

Sounds good to me! :D

I like the uniqueness of Pocono's layout. I luv the televised view from the end of the front stretch of the cars fanning out 5 & 6 wide as they haul a$$ into turn #1 when taking the green. With them having the two dates, why not run the infield road course one of those two weekends. Variety is the spice of life. That road course would be another race to note on my calendar of a weekend day to schedule around.

Back
Top Bottom