NASCAR to hold press conference at 8:15pm

I am wondering now why Mikey himself didn't get banned from entering any NASCAR events?

He orchestrated the whole thing so he should be out indefinitely too.

I hope the sponsors bail on him.

One thing I'm sure of is that the competitors will not forget this so his teams might as well be back markers now because I dont see anyone giving them any sort of breaks.

Wreck them until the money runs dry. That's one surefire way to get this hack out of the sport.
Totally agree with your post. But, I am not sure if you can ban a car owner or can you?

SportsCenter fail:

proxy.jpg

I think they made the right call based on what can be proved as an act to alter the outcome of the race.

Dam football distracting me from all this drama. I wish they got both bower and truex out in the chase and Gordon and Newman in there place. This is just sour. Really like MWR as a small team making it big but this plus that other incident make me just pissed off. Should have been a good weekend for nascar with the chase underway now we will be talking about this for weeks.

If NASCAR had replaced Logano or Bowyer with Gordon, they would have pissed off either Toyota or Ford, and added another Chevy. As it stands there are now 3 Toyotas, 3 Fords and 6 Chevys. I feel it is unfortunate though, and the ripple effect should have been addressed.

I think that its pretty F'd up that they are penalizing Truex. As stated before, Truex was a beneficiary, but he himself didnt actually do anything wrong.

Im actually pretty pissed about how they handled this. I think leaving it alone was actually better than what they ended up doing.

Even when NASCAR gets it right, they can't get it right. Bowyer should've been hammered and Logano should've been pulled.

Joey did nothing wrong, it would be wrong to really punish him for something out of his control. Clint should have been the one taken out to put Jeff in, and I'm a fan of Clint, but he should not have a chance to win.

Joey did nothing wrong but he didn't do anything to earn his spot either.

What NASCAR should have done is give Vickers and the guys Logano pass their spots back on the track therefore negating the gifted track position he gained due to the cheating that went on.

NASCAR knows Clint messed up they just chose to ignore that part of the deal.

Joey did nothing wrong but he didn't do anything to earn his spot either.

What NASCAR should have done is give Vickers and the guys Logano pass their spots back on the track therefore negating the gifted track position he gained due to the cheating that went on.

NASCAR knows Clint messed up they just chose to ignore that part of the deal.

So we for sure know Newman would have won that race? Let's say he didn't win the race, he'd have 1 win, same as Joey right? Was Joey not higher then him in points and would have gotten the Wildcard? So the best thing to do would have been to take out Clint, not Joey because Joey didn't do anything wrong, he earned his spot with that win either way which is why they needed to get him in the top 10 so Truex would get the wildcard. Remember Newman wasn't added because he was cheated out of a win, he was added cause the points docked from Truex was just enough to put him behind Newman and give Newman the wildcard.

So we for sure know Newman would have won that race? Let's say he didn't win the race, he'd have 1 win, same as Joey right? Was Joey not higher then him in points and would have gotten the Wildcard? So the best thing to do would have been to take out Clint, not Joey because Joey didn't do anything wrong, he earned his spot with that win either way which is why they needed to get him in the top 10 so Truex would get the wildcard. Remember Newman wasn't added because he was cheated out of a win, he was added cause the points docked from Truex was just enough to put him behind Newman and give Newman the wildcard.

Newman would have gotten in with a win or a second place.

Newman was just 5 points from Truex, he led so that went down to 4. Now, if things stayed as they were Newman would have been in even if he finished 2nd.

Truex finished 7th and Newman third and Truex still needed a tie breaker.

That bunch cant even cheat right.

Newman would have gotten in with a win or a second place.

Newman was just 5 points from Truex, he led so that went down to 4. Now, if things stayed as they were Newman would have been in even if he finished 2nd.

Truex finished 7th and Newman third and Truex still needed a tie breaker.

That bunch cant even cheat right.

So why not punish Clint? He as the one who started all of the mess, therefor Joey still get to be in. Why let Clint still have that chance to win the championship?

So why not punish Clint? He as the one who started all of the mess, therefor Joey still get to be in. Why let Clint still have that chance to win the championship?

Because that would create a cluster f*ck.

Cant take out Clint out of tje chase and cant punish Logano for someone else's cheating that ended benefiting him.

NASCAR completely ignored the Clint thing and went for the Vickers incident.

Someone had to eat the bullet and that someone ended up being Gordon.

Glad that NASCAR took action & happy for Newman's outcome, but they royally fuked up the punishment. The driver that was an innocent beneficiary got blamed but the guilty criminal walked away with a smile.

Vickers pitting once is enough evidence but CB pitting 3 times (with no obvious damage and fresh tires after the first pit) in the final laps is not? Are you ****** kidding me

Gordon races best with a chip on his shoulder. He's pissed at NASCAR & MWR. Gordon is coming with a vengeance in these final 10 as a huge middle finger to everyone & to prove he's still "got the fire".

Because that would create a cluster f*ck.

Cant take out Clint out of tje chase and cant punish Logano for someone else's cheating that ended benefiting him.

NASCAR completely ignored the Clint thing and went for the Vickers incident.

Someone had to eat the bullet and that someone ended up being Gordon.

At least then no cheaters are in the chase, and this is coming from someone who likes Clint more then he does Jeff, but Clint doesn't deserve a chance.

So upset that Truex is the one that really got screwed here. Theres no evidence that Truex had any knowledge of what was going on. Doing a flat punishment for all cars is not exactly right here. Vickers is a part timer. -50 means nothing to him. Clint is fully within 50 points from 10th. Means nothing to him. -50 points from Truex, the one who actually did nothing wrong, is the one who actually gets the full effect of the penalty. Extremely extremely F'ed up. Has NASCAR made one solid decision since Brian France took over? Mike Helton has not exactly been a very solid figure either.

Looking back at it now, NASCAR didn't issue the penalties to get Newman into The Chase. They handed out the penalties based on what they thought they should do. Newman getting in was just the effect of the penalties. If they were going to put Newman in, they'd have to also put Gordon in. They issued the penalties and then let the chips fall. That resulted in Newman being ahead and Truex and getting into The Chase.

Looking back at it now, NASCAR didn't issue the penalties to get Newman into The Chase. They handed out the penalties based on what they thought they should do. Newman getting in was just the effect of the penalties. If they were going to put Newman in, they'd have to also put Gordon in. They issued the penalties and then let the chips fall. That resulted in Newman being ahead and Truex and getting into The Chase.
Bingo!

I don't know. I honestly think Nascar went out of their way to make sure each MWR driver got a 50 point penalty to justify kicking Truex out and putting Newman in. I think they knew realistically they couldn't fix everything, so they tried their best to fix something. NASCAR themselves said the only evidence they could come up with was Ty Norris' orders for the 55 to pit. That was it. They even admitted that Vickers didn't know what was going on and why to pit. So basically Nascar admits that they have no evidence that any MWR driver did anything wrong. If so then why penalize all of them, even Truex 50 points? If all they had was Ty Norris team orders, then suspend Ty and fine the sh!t out of MWR. To me Nascar half-assed this just to try and please some fans. If you can't justify correcting it completely then just do what is rightfully justified. That would have been to leave the drivers alone, and go after Norris and MWR.

The problem is nobody understand this.

...NASCAR knows Clint messed up they just chose to ignore that part of the deal.

I agree but to be a little fair to Clint, he was in a tight spot. He couldn't exactly just ignore the orders from the folks paying his salary.

As far as banning Mikey...they won't do that...he's too big to fail :rolleyes:

I'm trying to find a serious thread (without all the screaming and yelling) to ask a question that maybe you can answer . I get that Nascar imposed the 50 points penalty against the MWR drivers after the race and that effectively put Truex out and Newman in . Got it . Is it true that they then assessed Bowyer's point penalty AFTER the points reset while the others were BEFORE the points reset ?

I'm trying to find a serious thread (without all the screaming and yelling) to ask a question that maybe you can answer . I get that Nascar imposed the 50 points penalty against the MWR drivers after the race and that effectively put Truex out and Newman in . Got it . Is it true that they then assessed Bowyer's point penalty AFTER the points reset while the others were BEFORE the points reset ?
I don't thik that's ever really been clear, but everything indicates it was before the reset. If so, in essence, Bowyer really did get off scott free.

I don't thik that's ever really been clear, but everything indicates it was before the reset. If so, in essence, Bowyer really did get off scott free.

I can't see how Nascar can impose his penalty after the reset without appearing vindictive .

I can't see how Nascar can impose his penalty after the reset without appearing vindictive .

They should've penalized all three drivers so many points before the reset that Bowyer would've been eliminated from the Chase. I still think they should've stripped Logano of his Chase berth. If Logano wins the championship, and he could (he's been mad fast lately) ... well, NASCAR's going to have to deal with having an illegitimate champion for eternity.

The 1919 Chicago White Sox would criticize everything that's going on right now.

They should've penalized all three drivers so many points before the reset that Bowyer would've been eliminated from the Chase. I still think they should've stripped Logano of his Chase berth. If Logano wins the championship, and he could (he's been mad fast lately) ... well, NASCAR's going to have to deal with having an illegitimate champion for eternity.

The 1919 Chicago White Sox would criticize everything that's going on right now.

There is unbiased reporting at it's finest. Pretty hard to find a serious answer from some posters.

Yeah , I don't know anything about ****stains , I'm happy to leave that to the people who do , I was just trying to get an answer to a question about how the penalties were being assessed .Then Andy butted in .

Yeah , I don't know anything about ****stains , I'm happy to leave that to the people who do , I was just trying to get an answer to a question about how the penalties were being assessed .Then Andy butted in .
Everything was pre-Chase.

Points assessed were pre chase, bowyer got off scot free, they should have assessed 80 points so CB would be out and JG would be in, IMO.

Exactly. They didn't simply remove Truex from the Chase and replace him with Newman. Like you said they assessed 50 points to each of the MWR drivers and then reshuffled the final pre-Chase standings after the penalties, and as it turns out that ended up costing Truex a Chase spot and moved Newman into the 2nd wild-card spot. As for Bowyer, 50 points wasn't enough to knock him out of the top 10 in standings so he still ends up with a Chase spot, but it doesn't appear as though he got penalized due to the way the points get reset at the start of the Chase.

This brings to the forefront the issue of how the points are reset heading into the Chase regardless of a driver's position in the final pre-Chase standings.

I don't know. I honestly think Nascar went out of their way to make sure each MWR driver got a 50 point penalty to justify kicking Truex out and putting Newman in. I think they knew realistically they couldn't fix everything, so they tried their best to fix something. NASCAR themselves said the only evidence they could come up with was Ty Norris' orders for the 55 to pit. That was it. They even admitted that Vickers didn't know what was going on and why to pit. So basically Nascar admits that they have no evidence that any MWR driver did anything wrong. If so then why penalize all of them, even Truex 50 points? If all they had was Ty Norris team orders, then suspend Ty and fine the sh!t out of MWR. To me Nascar half-assed this just to try and please some fans. If you can't justify correcting it completely then just do what is rightfully justified. That would have been to leave the drivers alone, and go after Norris and MWR.

Exactly.

The 50 point deduction was just a front to make things look evened out.

Truex barely beat Newman on a tie breaker as it was so the 50 points dont make sense.

Also the fact Clint got a pre chase points deduction tells you all you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom