NASCAR Uploading Full Races On YouTube?

The Long Shot

Crew Chief
Am I the only person who just saw this? There's a video on NASCAR's official YouTube channel that's listed as a live stream and contains the entire Pocono race. I don't know if it means anything or not, but it's possible that NASCAR is finally letting full races be released to the public.

Am I the only person who just saw this? There's a video on NASCAR's official YouTube channel that's listed as a live stream and contains the entire Pocono race. I don't know if it means anything or not, but it's possible that NASCAR is finally letting full races be released to the public.

It's about time.

It's about time.

Completely agree. I was among those who were incredibly pissed when they took down thelp2008's site a few months ago. There's never been any reason for them to do it, considering they don't really offer the races for purchase and then only as condensed versions. Again, nothing's obviously been announced or confirmed, but if this is true, this is a move that NASCAR has needed to make for some time.

Is NASCAR.....

listening to their fans??

EndIsNear1.jpg

Completely agree. I was among those who were incredibly pissed when they took down thelp2008's site a few months ago. There's never been any reason for them to do it, considering they don't really offer the races for purchase and then only as condensed versions. Again, nothing's obviously been announced or confirmed, but if this is true, this is a move that NASCAR has needed to make for some time.

Its a great move and one that could earn Nascar money in the future. Everything is going digtal so instead of fighting uploaders who post races on youtube, start by doing it yourself, then in time, Nascar can get people to pay to watch old races online. Even have new sponsors for the old footage.

if it's the same ones running their site, it will be a mess. Nascar does nothing for free.

I just watched a bit of the pocono race on youtube that Nascar posted. Best part is no cuts when Espn went to commercial. The bad is the 480p quality.

I watched a little bit of the YouTube race, and noticed that too. You get to see things that happened during commercials.

I find it strange that NASCAR put an end to TheLP2008 uploading races to his website, then months later, starts posting races themselves.

I just watched a bit of the pocono race on youtube that Nascar posted. Best part is no cuts when Espn went to commercial. The bad is the 480p quality.

I know. When I saw that, I couldn't believe it. Kind of like the old satellite feeds from back in the day.

I watched a little bit of the YouTube race, and noticed that too. You get to see things that happened during commercials.

I find it strange that NASCAR put an end to TheLP2008 uploading races to his website, then months later, starts posting races themselves.

It actually makes perfect sense. Nascar should get an ad revenue not some random youtuber.

NASCAR must of recorded it with their Betamax player.

It's about ******* time. Now if they could upload it in something better than 480p and not put spoilers in the title and description that'd be great.

I didn't even pay attention to the "Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins" part at first. :eek:

If NASCAR has the same problem for the rest of the races (assuming they upload more), I will have to say this is a big downgrade from TheLP2008.

Glad that I am able to watch most races live.

I will always have a deep hatred regarding the murder of thelp2008.com

We had a short relationship but it sure was sweet.

it will be great for fans who are out of the country and fans who are working out on the road.

Some of their controlling the product, has to cost way more money than it is worth to do it, not to mention the bad publicity.

You all understand that it wasn't until recently that NASCAR took over the internet rights. Turner had controlled that for many years. It wasn't in NASCAR's hands until the beginning of 2013. Since NASCAR has taken it back over internet content has been getting much better as well as having access via your smartphones. We have a lot more content now than we ever would have had under the old agreement between NASCAR and Turner.

They probably got tired of fighting the current trends of instant video's of wrecks, and racing incidents, they got their butts beat by utube when they pulled down a fans video of the crash at Daytona, and decided if you can't beat em join em. good to see the race commercial less..Hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom