New guy hoping to attend a race - ECHOPARK AUTOMOTIVE GRAND PRIX?

berjarRacing

Spectator
Hi there, I've never watched nascar before and I'm interested in getting into it. I can get to the race in Austin, TX coming up on March 24th and am wondering if that's a good idea. I'm a college student and the website seems to imply that I could get a ticket for $25. Is that real? I would appreciate any information or advice as I'm totally clueless. Thanks!

If I was a young college kid, I would scrape up 25 bucks and I would get as many of my friends I could to go and have one hell of a time.
Good advice. Not sure how many friends I can convince but I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Those $25 tix are probably general admission. You won't have grandstand seats but I checked and track policy says you can bring collapsible chairs. On the link @StandOnIt posted, scroll down to the GA map to see the areas of the track you'll have access to.

If you go, let us know how the day went!

I've never watched nascar before

am I better off just watching on TV for now?
Definitely watch as many races as you can before you go. You'll have a much better understanding of what's going on when you get to the track. Here at Racing Forums, @TexasRaceLady starts a new discussion on Sunday afternoon just before each race starts. It will be pinned to the top of the list. If you're new to NASCAR or racing in general, those discussions are great ones to ask questions about what's going on.

You might consider the $30 GA tickets for the two races on that Saturday. These are races for the developmental series; think of them like minor leagues for up-and-coming drivers. You'll get two shorter races, with time between them to move from one viewing area to another. (It’s common at a road course to move from one section of the track to another, checking out the action from different angles. ) There will be fewer people on Saturday so you'll have better views, and the parking and concessions will be less crowded. That would let you decide which vantage points you prefer for Sunday and which to skip.

Definitely watch as many races as you can before you go. You'll have a much better understanding of what's going on when you get to the track. Here at Racing Forums, @TexasRaceLady starts a new discussion on Sunday afternoon just before each race starts. It will be pinned to the top of the list. If you're new to NASCAR or racing in general, those discussions are great ones to ask questions about what's going on.

You might consider the $30 GA tickets for the two races on that Saturday. These are races for the developmental series; think of them like minor leagues for up-and-coming drivers. You'll get two shorter races, with time between them to move from one viewing area to another. (It’s common at a road course to move from one section of the track to another, checking out the action from different angles. ) There will be fewer people on Saturday so you'll have better views, and the parking and concessions will be less crowded. That would let you decide which vantage points you prefer for Sunday and which to skip.
This is all very helpful, thanks a bunch! I'll definitely check out some footage of past races there and try to follow along in the weeks leading up to it. I've got a camp chair I pulled out of a dumpster, so the GA option seems good, would be fun to move around.

This is all very helpful, thanks a bunch! I'll definitely check out some footage of past races there and try to follow along in the weeks leading up to it. I've got a camp chair I pulled out of a dumpster, so the GA option seems good, would be fun to move around.
Hit me up if you go...We will be there and I can answer any questions you might have. That $25 GA deal is good, you can move around and if you are creative enough, you can find your way to a seat. Good to see new fan.

Back
Top Bottom