Newman gets screwed by Tony and company.

Even before Ryan knew? THIS is why Teddy amazes us each and every day. :p

Newman was on a one year contract. If he didn't realize that there wasn't a HUGE possibility he wasn't going to return then I don't know how he got an engineering degree. Purdue would be so proud.

He had to wait for Harvick... he's all about the cash lol.. I'd think after he hired the cookie monster everyone would know that. (cookie monster is what we call Danica here.. she should be off the track and in the kitchen making Tony cookies)

Kitchen jokes :rolleyes: how original.

So, how's 1953 treating you, Donkey?

Yay, a guy who actually gets it.

If Tony really respected Ryan, he would have told him he's gone when Harvick arrives. Instead, he grabs the GoDaddy cash and pushes Ryan closer to the door, then signs his buddy Kevin and sticks Ryan with an inexperienced (inexpensive) team and hobbles his chances of getting a ride, and compounds it all by waiting until midseason to tell Ryan to start looking. Sure sounds like they didn't want Ryan taking any sponsors with him.

Exactly...pretty shltty way to treat a friend, Tony

Exactly...pretty shltty way to treat a friend, Tony

It sure seems like SHR was more worried about Newman shopping Quicken Loans to another organization. They are only signed for 18 races this year, and there could have been a chance Newman pulls a Bowyer and takes them over to MWR for a less expensive sponsorship deal. I think the sheet will really hit the fan with Tony and Newman when it's announced that Quicken already signed on with Harvick.

Harvick said on national tv that sponsor coming with or not, Tony said Kevin's car would be funded. there is a Haas of Stewart/Haas. All this waa waa waa, they both had to agree that Newman was out and Kevin was in..SPONSOR or not. Kevin knew he was going to race, sponsor or not. Stewart and Hass would have funded it even if Bud had stayed with Childress, or Quicken stayed or went with Newman. That was Kevin's golden parachute to go with Stewart Haas. Whats the freakin difference, Stewart Hass have been funding Newman's car for ages without little or no sponsorship.

Anyone who believes that Newman didn't know there was a better than average chance he was gone after this year is being gullible... Newman knew his car wasn't fully sponsored and they only signed him for a year as a result.

Newman basically got the same deal for this year as Kevin was guaranteed for the term of his new contract...even without sponsorship we will put your car on the track. I'm really not sure how that is Tony or SHR screwing over Newman... I guess as others have pointed out that they should have just not signed him to a one year deal or they should have told him at that time they would only run him when they had sponsorship and let him sit in the other races.

Like someone already said, I'm pretty sure Ryan Newman knew comming into the season that his days at SH racing were soon to be hitting their expiration point. So what now, I dunno, if I were a Cup team owner do I wanna possible 1 to 2 races maybe wins a year in my car? Maybe if i'm a low budget team but if i'm a big dollar team probably not. He ought to start his own Craftsman Truck team & have two trucks, him in one & hire an up & comer in the other & then go out & have at it. He'd drive a Silverado & would have no issue's securing sponsorship. Then he could beat & bang Kyle Busch's trucks around whenever he ran in the series...

Admittedly I'm not a Newman fan but he should have seen this coming a mile away. It was the same story last year at this time and finally he got a 1 year deal. I honestly feel like Tony gave him another year as a favour as there really wasn't any decent rides he was going to land. If you're not bringing in sponsorship dollars then you better be performing at a damn high level, and needless to say Newman hasn't been doing either. In saying that though I still think he can get a decent ride, as he is a proven race winner. If I'm Chip Ganassi, I'd take a hard look at putting him in the 1 car. I think it's long time Ganassi made a driver change heck they've changed just about everything else, they need an upgrade and we all know Montoya isin't likely to be going anywhere.

I find it quite hard to believe that Newman was shocked that he'd no longer be with SHR after this year. It was all but confirmed Harvick was coming over, adding a 4th team when SHR has fallen behind because of adding a third team was unlikely at best.. Newman and his management should have been proactive way before the official announcement.

Yes!

Like someone already said, I'm pretty sure Ryan Newman knew comming into the season that his days at SH racing were soon to be hitting their expiration point. So what now, I dunno, if I were a Cup team owner do I wanna possible 1 to 2 races maybe wins a year in my car? Maybe if i'm a low budget team but if i'm a big dollar team probably not. He ought to start his own Craftsman Truck team & have two trucks, him in one & hire an up & comer in the other & then go out & have at it. He'd drive a Silverado & would have no issue's securing sponsorship. Then he could beat & bang Kyle Busch's trucks around whenever he ran in the series...

that is a good point. I also don't think big name teams are going to be knocking on his door with a ride. IMO he has been skating the whole time he has been in cup being just good enough, but now age, his driving record and lack of sponsorship say to me he is pretty much done at the cup level. I don't see him having a race team though, he isn't business sharp enough, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up driving a dirt car.

that is a good point. I also don't think big name teams are going to be knocking on his door with a ride. IMO he has been skating the whole time he has been in cup being just good enough, but now age, his driving record and lack of sponsorship say to me he is pretty much done at the cup level. I don't see him having a race team though, he isn't business sharp enough, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up driving a dirt car.

Would you care to make a friendly wager?

Really ? From the list of possible free agents ,are there any that have been in the chase as much as Newman ?

Really ? From the list of possible free agents ,are there any that have been in the chase as much as Newman ?
Uhhh Harvick?. and I bet they asked Childress who they were going to get to drive the 29 car...oh ok we will go with Harvick, so not only SHR got a better driver, but a new sponsor. Think about it. Childress got an empty seat and the Bud wagon drove out the driveway.

Yeah, he'll probably be driving the 78 when Kurt leaves to drive the 29.
So has it been confirmed KuBusch is headed to RCR? This guy has real talent, regardless of his antics and it would be awesome to see him bring RCR back to their old glory days. Would love to see him in the black 3...that would never happen though.

As for newman, the writing was on the wall. Maybe he can do some start and parks next year. Its a shame to see a no-talent hack like Danica Patrick secure solid equipment almost indefinitely when much better drivers have their opportunities closed.

So has it been confirmed KuBusch is headed to RCR? This guy has real talent, regardless of his antics and it would be awesome to see him bring RCR back to their old glory days...
It's not confirmed but Kurt is by far the best talent out there looking for a seat in 2014. Childress would be a fool to pass up the opportunity to sign Kurt Busch.

It's not confirmed but Kurt is by far the best talent out there looking for a seat in 2014. Childress would be a fool to pass up the opportunity to sign Kurt Busch.

Most people would agree with that but it's the baggage that comes with him which may scare off sponsors.

I suppose that if anyone stands a chance of bringing him around, it's probably Richard Childress - considering the experience he has with egos.

Agreed, I think with Harvick leaving, RCR has to bring in a top talent if they want to remain relevant. Kurt makes the most sense to me. If I'm Childress and I look at my lineup for next year and see Burton, Menard, and Dillon as my guys I'd be doing anything I could to get a guy like Kurt who can win races, I'm not so sure about those other 3.

I think Kurt is better off staying at FR. They run better then RCR, their a sat. team to RCR anyway and seems to me Kurt and TB have a good thing going.

Menard and Dillion are locks next year for RCR, unless Burton leaves, the seat is not open.. nor would I put Newman in that seat. Honestly, if it is open, I'd try to get Jamie Mac in that seat.

You forgot about the part with driver C where she's more attractive to sponsors than A and B both, definitely B, because she's a female, her popularity, and the hype around her. Plus the other part where she's probably making the owners more than driver B in merchandise and marketing alone. Is it right? Probably not, but like I said, it's business.
Without a doubt tony was very smart in getting Danica, tons of cash rolling in because of her....no brainer.

Yay, a guy who actually gets it.

If Tony really respected Ryan, he would have told him he's gone when Harvick arrives. Instead, he grabs the GoDaddy cash and pushes Ryan closer to the door, then signs his buddy Kevin and sticks Ryan with an inexperienced (inexpensive) team and hobbles his chances of getting a ride, and compounds it all by waiting until midseason to tell Ryan to start looking. Sure sounds like they didn't want Ryan taking any sponsors with him.
I'd put some money on Newman making the Chase and taking some of those sponsors with him where ever he ends up next year.

He had to wait for Harvick... he's all about the cash lol.. I'd think after he hired the cookie monster everyone would know that. (cookie monster is what we call Danica here.. she should be off the track and in the kitchen making Tony cookies)
Wow....I see nothing has changed much around here when it comes to Danica, seriously there are people that have issues with her and granted she should of ran Nationwide one more year before moving up to Cup. However, money talks, and BS walks.....Danica is money in the bank!

Wow....I see nothing has changed much around here when it comes to Danica, seriously there are people that have issues with her and granted she should of ran Nationwide one more year before moving up to Cup. However, money talks, and BS walks.....Danica is money in the bank!

It is pretty disgusting crap . Sorry you had to see that Mopardh9 . We have been invaded by high schoolers but they'll get bored and move on .

lol It's funny how defensive people get about a female driver. Sr was ragged on and torn apart by half the nascar fans for years and nobody cried. Logano has been mauled for years and not many shed a tear. nascar fans sure are a fickle bunch.

Earnhardt Jr and Edwards can be added to that list was well.

I think Kurt is better off staying at FR. They run better then RCR, their a sat. team to RCR anyway and seems to me Kurt and TB have a good thing going.

Those two have really formed some good chemistry, don't know if Berrier would leave FRR but if I was looking to hire Kurt I'd definitely looking at bringing in TB with him in a package deal ala Kahne and Francis

I don't see Kurt going to the 29, why? The 78 team is a good team, they could actually make the Chase this year and Kurt is knocking on the door for a win almost every week. Childress will put one of his Grandkids in the 29 before he would put Kurt in it.

I don't see Kurt going to the 29, why? The 78 team is a good team, they could actually make the Chase this year and Kurt is knocking on the door for a win almost every week. Childress will put one of his Grandkids in the 29 before he would put Kurt in it.
Childress' grand kids are far from ready for Cup.

I don't know where they get this stuff . Stenhouse had a lot more experience and is struggling . You don't just jump off the turnip truck and outrun Jimmie Johnson.:D

I'm not even sure Austin will be in the #3 next year. Somebody (AP Jenna Fryer?) asked Childress if Dillion would take Harvick's ride next year and he was coy about it. I think the grandkids might get another year or two in Nationwide.

My guess would be, Austin will stay for at least 1 more year in NNS to get more experience and try for a championship and Ty at least 1 more year in Trucks and at least 2 years in NNS for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom