NNS at Texas

If anything I said I don't like what he did to win at MoSport... I still don't, but I've been keeping an eye on him and he's been impressive. Like I said, it's usually "cup guy... cup guy.... cup guy... Chase Elliot"... As an 18 year old rookie that is extremely impressive to me. That on top of him winning in his 6th start leads me to think he is better than Larson. Most do not agree, but I don't see this abundance of amazing talent everyone talks about from Larson.. I see a great driver, but I see 3 or 4 more up and coming drivers that I think are just as good. We can speculate all we want but they all need time to really show what they've got. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, from what I've seen, I think Chase Elliott will do better than Kyle Larson. I may be wrong, that's fine. I wish them both well. One thing I know for sure is that it's going to be fun to watch.
I give you props for stating you're opinios. I don't always agree but I respect it.

...he is clearly going to Hendrick (which in no way includes SHR :rolleyes: that's like saying Penske is Roush Yates)

When a Penske crew chief can walk over to any Roush/Yates team and ask for their set-up info on their cars any given race weekend like SHR and HMS can do, and when Penske guys can sit in on the Roush/Yates drivers meetings following the race like SHR and HMS guys do, and when Rodger Penske is the first one at the car door in V-lane when a Roush/Yates driver wins like Rick Hendrick often does with SHR then yes, that would be like saying Penske is Rousch Yates.
Anyone that thinks SHR is a stand alone team like Penske or Roush/Yates, and not a full blown HMS team is kidding themselves.

If I had a crystal ball.........I think I see the number 24 retired and enshrined, replaced by the number 9. Jeff has a job waiting in the office.

The Elliott boys have arrived.

I don't think Mr Kahne is going anywhere, Rick has too big of an investment in him. Remember he hired him a year before he could drive for him.

Hendrick has an even bigger investment in Chase Elliott. IF Chase moves to Cup next year, it'll be to replace Kasey Kahne unless Gordon retires. If Kasey wants to keep that ride, he better get up on the wheel, win races and quit letting other drivers push him around.

Kyle isn't going to cut back on Nationwide races. I think Kyle respects the talents of Elliott and Larson and I think he also enjoys the competitive racing.

To a point I do agree. He might respect their talents but I really don't think he'll accept sharing top dog status. When he's fighting hard and struggling to get one or two wins a season it won't be the cakewalk he's enjoyed and they'll be "reasons" for him to cut back.

To a point I do agree. He might respect their talents but I really don't think he'll accept sharing top dog status. When he's fighting hard and struggling to get one or two wins a season it won't be the cakewalk he's enjoyed and they'll be "reasons" for him to cut back.
Pure speculation at this point. Good for the sport nonetheless.

Holy sheet, I agree with Billy-bob Walter???? I think Kyle will cut way back as the wins become harder to get.

BkeredtCAAAGadj.jpg:large

Kahne has more talent then Jr., that ones not debate able. At this stage in Gordon's career yes 33 year old kasey kahne is better. There is always one HMS team that is slower then the rest and apparently this year it's the 5. Jr had about 3 seasons of suck and Gordon has had two winless seasons. He can have a mulligan, not to mention it's early

Holy sheet, I agree with Billy-bob Walter???? I think Kyle will cut way back as the wins become harder to get.

The snot noses won a few but notice who was firmly in 2nd place, the idea that these kids "outdrove" Mr Busch is laughable. Kyle will win a dozen before the year is out

The snot noses won a few but notice who was firmly in 2nd place, the idea that these kids "outdrove" Mr Busch is laughable. Kyle will win a dozen before the year is out

Kyle will win 12 NW races before the year is out?

Care to make a wager on that?

Also, the real snot nose finished 2nd. :)

Kyle will win 12 NW races before the year is out?

Care to make a wager on that?

Also, the real snot nose finished 2nd. :)

Sure, we can make a friendly wager on that, 12 is a big number but what the hell, we can do the avatar thingy, I will find you a real nice one to use for a week

Sure, we can make a friendly wager on that, 12 is a big number but what the hell, we can do the avatar thingy, I will find you a real nice one to use for a week

Winner chooses the loser's avatar that he will use for the duration of the off season.
When the green flag waves for the start of the NW race at Daytona in Feb you can change it back.

Deal?

Winner chooses the loser's avatar that he will use for the duration of the off season.
When the green flag waves for the start of the NW race at Daytona in Feb you can change it back.

Deal?

Dude thats kind of a rough deal, I think a week is long enough for yer punishment :D Make it a week and its a deal

Dude thats kind of a rough deal, I think a week is long enough for yer punishment :D Make it a week and its a deal

We're talking about 12 wins, a 1/3 of the races deserves three months of a garbage avatar

:D

2013 Most Popular Driver Voting:

1. Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
2. Kasey Kahne
3. Jeff Gordon

4. Tony Stewart
5. Danica Patrick
6. Jimmie Johnson
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Matt Kenseth
9. Kyle Busch
10. Carl Edwards

From a popularity standpoint, Jimmie is clearly the one who has to go ;)

2013 Most Popular Driver Voting:

1. Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
2. Kasey Kahne
3. Jeff Gordon

4. Tony Stewart
5. Danica Patrick
6. Jimmie Johnson
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Matt Kenseth
9. Kyle Busch
10. Carl Edwards

From a popularity standpoint, Jimmie is clearly the one who has to go ;)

Welp, there it is.

Agreed. IMO, this is the best class of youngsters to come along in quite some time.
Well essentially we are just talking about 2 kids, the Dillon boys haven't really entered the conversation this year. Larson and Elliot are in a class by themselves, that is for sure, I love watching both of them.

Chase has big talent for sure. JRM has come a long way since he cleaned house and started utilizing HMS engineering help, etc. Rick will spare no expense to make the #9 the best cup-light car in NW.

It will be interesting to watch Kyle's NW schedule shrink along with his wins.
Haha you really think Kyle will cut back, I don't think so, if anything he is going to want to beat these two young kids even more.

Kahne has more talent then Jr., that ones not debate able. At this stage in Gordon's career yes 33 year old kasey kahne is better. There is always one HMS team that is slower then the rest and apparently this year it's the 5. Jr had about 3 seasons of suck and Gordon has had two winless seasons. He can have a mulligan, not to mention it's early
No one is better than Jr. so far this year. Gordon is off to one of the best starts in his career. Kahne might be beating Danica, though.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Remind me to never make a bet on this board.

Yes, an "I love Harvick" avatar is pretty low of Mr Reed. Kyle Busch best quit showin them snot noses mercy and get up on that wheel

Haha you really think Kyle will cut back, I don't think so, if anything he is going to want to beat these two young kids even more.

Kyle is there to win an owners championship for JGR, a task he will probably complete

I thought this race was tonight. Why the hell did they race on a Friday?

Back
Top Bottom