On Going - Songs You Like

Is it metal? Is it hard rock? Who knows, and quite frankly, who cares? Whatever it is, it's good.

Can't find the studio version of this one, but this is just an amazing song IMO. It's long, but worth a listen.

I've been listening to these guys for the last couple of days.

Full album of nothing but Jim Croce and his guitar

Here's a slower song. A classic Jim Croce story.

A tad faster. More "southern twang" :D

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Dont try to embed it Sean.
Just click on the address bar to make it blue....control C,....then in the reply box....Control V ....then post.

Simple

Maybe your brain is frozen.
NFP was the most backward site when it comes to UI and software I've seen since the early 90's
Took me almost 78,000 posts and I was just getting the hang of it... :djspin:

The music thread at the last place almost hit 11,000 posts so it's neat to see a thread here with the same mission. :cheers:

How the heck do you hide a thread.??

banghead_zpsnas7alhh.gif

Guess I'll plug in the wayback machine --- I'll go with groups rather than indiviual songs

Iron Butterfly-- who cannot be wowed by "Ina Gadda Da Vida"
Jimi Hendrix
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Queen
Tangerine Dream
The Ventures

One particular song by Norman Greenbaum --"Spirit In the Sky"

And now for a bit of whimsy--
Beach Boys
Mamas and Papas
Kingston Trio
Whenever I want to pick on the daughter I put the long version of ina gadda da vida in. She can't stand it. Works good when she is in the back seat and buckled in. At 28 years she still gets ticked at me for some reason.

That is awesome! I've been called a "grammar nazi" before, but it really bugs me when people don't take the time to write or speak clearly. I am not averse to the occasional ain't or gonna in context, but some people just mangle the language to the point where it is really difficult to determine the meaning of their words. Proper punctuation can save lives. For example..."Let's eat, Grandpa" vs "Let's eat Grandpa". However, some people act like they just can't be bothered to use proper punctuation or even any at all.

It's great how many people have been posting on this thread while I was without internet access for the past 3 weeks or so.

That is awesome! I've been called a "grammar nazi" before, but it really bugs me when people don't take the time to write or speak clearly. I am not averse to the occasional ain't or gonna in context, but some people just mangle the language to the point where it is really difficult to determine the meaning of their words. Proper punctuation can save lives. For example..."Let's eat, Grandpa" vs "Let's eat Grandpa". However, some people act like they just can't be bothered to use proper punctuation or even any at all.

Hello..:)

Well, I am very much guilty of commiting many word crimes myself...if it isnt a official reply to the IRS or whatnot...I am lazy....LOL

I only like one song in the world...........actually that's a lie, I'm gonna kill this thread

Back
Top Bottom