On Going - Songs You Like

Why was this song/video banned? Other than it not being hip hop, I just don't understand why.

"Suggestive lyrics".

:idunno:

Don't get more "suggestive" (actually, in your face) than this:

:idunno:

Vanessa Carlton's music is my guilty pleasure. I listen to a little everything but mostly rap and classic rock... but I've always liked Vanessa's music, I have all her CDs and actually got to meet her in DC.

If you've never heard this song, well, that's because it was banned by MTV, VH1 and hundreds of radio stations.

That's actually a really good song Andy. Thanks for posting it. I never heard any of her music before. That song is very well written. Those lyrics do get a bit intense there, but they seem a lot better than some of the other stuff I hear in the hip hop scene. Of course, there is a lot of truth in what she is saying in that song. Maybe her describing her first time in that manner offended some people. I love songs that tell a story. I'm getting ready to listen to some more of her stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Another good song by a band I'm not really a fan of. Not a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan, but this one is great:

I feel so out of place. I like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bobby Darin.

Female vocalists? No one holds a candle to Judy Collins EXCEPT maybe Karen Carpenter.

But, in the genre you folks probably relate most to, my favourite is The Knack's My Sharona.

I don't think that worked. Any ideas why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw&feature=share

bo, only the last part gets inserted between [youtube]insert last portion of youtube url here[youtube] you also have to make the last open tag a closed tag by inserting the "/" after the last [. your video would be [youtube]vsQzw_Ax8Cw[//youtube] i put 2 "//" here so that the close tag would be ignored and you could see the code. change it to 1 "/" and you get the below. you can always check if it's right by previewing before submitting the post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw&feature=share

bo, only the last part gets inserted between [youtube]insert last portion of youtube url here[youtube] you also have to make the last open tag a closed tag by inserting the "/" after the last [. your video would be [youtube]vsQzw_Ax8Cw[//youtube] i put 2 "//" here so that the close tag would be ignored and you could see the code. change it to 1 "/" and you get the below. you can always check if it's right by previewing before submitting the post.

Thanks for helping me out :cheers:

Probably the most underrated country music star of all time.
I have tickets to Dwight in Primm, NV in early august, I can't wait...

Jameswnh - i loved marty robbins even before i fell in love with that mexican girl ;)

...half my likes been a wasted by the booze I've tasted. Lol
Ring any bells? :D

My favorite female vocalist, by a long shot. Makes me long for the days when you had to be able to carry a tune to be successful. Weren't many cuter than her when she first came on the scene either, IMO.

You may also recognize the man in the yellow, if classic country/bluegrass is your thing.

My favorite female vocalist, by a long shot. Makes me long for the days when you had to be able to carry a tune to be successful. Weren't many cuter than her when she first came on the scene either, IMO.

You may also recognize the man in the yellow, if classic country/bluegrass is your thing.

I'll have to take your word for it on her being pretty cute. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I always thought she was kinda ugly myself, but to each his own. I get it though. There are several women that I think are just downright sexy as hell that a lot of guys don't get at all. Jodie Foster, Maria Bello and several others come to mind quickly, but there are many more.

That is also cool that Ricky Skaggs was her newest band member at the time.

The recent music threads about what's dead and what isn't, what's just plain awful and what's great got an idea in my head.

A great idea, indeed. I was gonna start a similar thread on the very same day you posted yours, but you beat me to it. This will forever be my favorite thread. I love music!

Turn this one up loud!!!

This one of the greatest love songs I've heard in a very long time.

I wish I was smart enough to post video directly like you guys do. Some of you've told me how to do it and I still can't get it to work. If somebody wouldn't mind fixing the link I would appreciate it, if not I hope some of you will follow the link and watch the video anyway. This is a great song and while I didn't find an official video for the song, I found this one that someone made that was really nicely done. I especially like the few pics in the middle of the video that show Ron Howard and Penny Marshall and James Dean.

The song is Tangled Up In You, it is by Staind originally. It has been rerecorded and released on a country album by Aaron Lewis, who is Staind's lead singer.

Sorry for the rambling. It's almost 4 o'clock in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Not sure why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZ2BYDVXKw&feature=related

I wish I was smart enough to post video directly like you guys do. Some of you've told me how to do it and I still can't get it to work. If somebody wouldn't mind fixing the link I would appreciate it, if not I hope some of you will follow the link and watch the video anyway. This is a great song and while I didn't find an official video for the song, I found this one that someone made that was really nicely done. I especially like the few pics in the middle of the video that show Ron Howard and Penny Marshall and James Dean.

The song is Tangled Up In You, it is by Staind originally. It has been rerecorded and released on a country album by Aaron Lewis, who is Staind's lead singer.

Sorry for the rambling. It's almost 4 o'clock in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Not sure why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZ2BYDVXKw&feature=related

Great Song. Kinda applies to my life right now. The love of my life returned on Sept. 5th, after our being apart for twelve years. Life is real good :)

from 1961

I met my future bride on 11/19/1960. We dated for the first time in December, 1961 and it was our only date before Valentines Day, 1962. I knew she was the one I wanted to marry so with only one date, this was my Valentine's Day gift. I borrowed twenty dollars from a friend (I was out of work at the time) and drove to East Stroudsburg, PA, where she was in college. Went to a florist shop and ordered a dozen roses, a bag of lollipops and this song on a 45 rpm record, plus a card. I paid for everything and asked the florist to deliver them to her, giving her dorm room number. The florist waited until the noon meal and walked into the cafeteria holding the flowers up in the air and calling her name at the top of his lungs. We had a second date a few days later and it was then I asked her to marry me. She refused. And I countered with, "you will, it is just a matter of time." And on June 8. 1963, my dream came true. We still listen to this song and the wonderful memories it brings back to us and the realization of how fortunate we are to have each other.

Saw this video recently. Who's the dude making a cameo appearance?

newbies cant post vids here.i have many favs,but heres my 1st,i woreout three 8 trtacvks listening to BOC'S DONT FEAR THE REAPER

newbies cant post vids here.i have many favs,but heres my 1st,i woreout three 8 trtacvks listening to BOC'S DONT FEAR THE REAPER

likr buckaroo said, post and you'll earn more privileges on the board. i like boc also.

Back
Top Bottom