One Race to Choose This Season

T

Turn5ive

I've already hit up Texas, I'm headed to Kansas in a few weeks and have season tickets to Iowa Speedway. What other race track should I get to before the end of the season. Basketball starts in September so I only have until Labor Day to get it done.

Anybody have a track they love to attend more than any other? I'm pretty open to going anywhere.

Have already been to Bristol this year, contemplating going to Kentucky and the October Talladega race as well.

I'd dearly love to get to Richmond. It's one of the old school tracks , like Darlington , but a short track to boot . If I could get my wife there , I know she'd love the civil war sites , the old plantations , etc . I just don't think that there is a cooler track to go to.

I'd hit Richmond. Would be so badass to watch a race live there.

I have family in Charlottesville, Richmond may be the winner here. Bristol is another option. I'd love to help them fill those seats again.

I'd dearly love to get to Richmond. It's one of the old school tracks , like Darlington , but a short track to boot . If I could get my wife there , I know she'd love the civil war sites , the old plantations , etc . I just don't think that there is a cooler track to go to.
Richmond just doesn't have that 'Old School' feeling anymore. I've been there when it was just over a half mile. That was 'Old School'. Still a great track though. They need to get the trucks back in there.

Charlotte MS. Not a bad seat in the house & the pre race festivities for the all star race is insane.

Charlotte MS. Not a bad seat in the house & the pre race festivities for the all star race is insane.

I agree that the all-star is a great race to go to. I would like to go to either Bristol, Martinsville, or Darlington. Or Talladega again lol.

Richmond just doesn't have that 'Old School' feeling anymore. I've been there when it was just over a half mile. That was 'Old School'. Still a great track though. They need to get the trucks back in there.

My first time at the track we all called it Strawberry Hill, or the Fairgrounds Speedway... mid 80's.
Don't really know what the actual name of it was back then. lol
Back then it was very similar to N. Wilkesboro.

Legend has it that back then the the Sawyers wanted to build a high banked half mile track not far from where the Richmond track is now, but Bill France wouldn't guarantee them a race date if they moved the track, so they renovated the old track where it stood and made it a 3/4 miler instead.

Back
Top Bottom