Patrick/SHR Atlanta Report

from what I have heard engines aren't built for specific cars they are just built and randomly end up at whatever teams. The difference between a good driver and an exceptional driver on the track isn't that much. its mainly how great the car is and what its capable of. Tony should be able to run ANY setup from any driver on the track to within about 3 or 4 tenths of what anothers best time in that car is. simply put tony should be able to run a havick setup to certainly within a half second on the track. half a second off is quite a bit but tony was off more than that. Tony didn't change crew chiefs after last year. Thats why I think tony the driver isn't up to snuff right now.
Last season during a practice in a summer race I believe they went over how Tony was struggling in that particular session so they threw in Harvick's set-up and he got slower. I think its a combo of Tony losing a bit of his magic and his overall team/CC aren't up to snuff aka he doesn't have Rodney Childers - that guy builds rockets right off the truck.

To be quite honest, I don't think SHR is that good of an organization overall. Stewart didn't do much in the second half of 2012, and although he's a slow starter, his 2013 start was even worse than usual. RCR is a second-rate organization and Newman's numbers with that group last year were very similar to his SHR numbers. Busch's Furniture Row ride had more raw speed than the #41 did last year and it was more reliable too.
I have to agree. Other than Harvick, the 3 other cars weren't that good at all last year. Harvick's team has found something for sure.

Danica had a good day. Not Great but good IMO. She does really well at times when the car is Hooked up. The problem I see is, she can't get as much out of an average car like some of the other drivers. JMO.

I have to agree. Other than Harvick, the 3 other cars weren't that good at all last year. Harvick's team has found something for sure.

Danica had a good day. Not Great but good IMO. She does really well at times when the car is Hooked up. The problem I see is, she can't get as much out of an average car like some of the other drivers. JMO.

This car was below average, imho. It caught fire behind the dash. She worked with it, and got a 16th. Many drivers would struggle with that. I get your point though. I her 'tona car was average and she had a hard go making that work. This is one area she needs to improve on.

This car was below average, imho. It caught fire behind the dash. She worked with it, and got a 16th. Many drivers would struggle with that. I get your point though. I her 'tona car was average and she had a hard go making that work. This is one area she needs to improve on.
Forgot about the fire ;)

if you just drive around the track all day never working your way to the front and not racing any one as the other drivers that are racing crash out you will move up the standings. she was lapped when she started p16 on a restart.

if you just drive around the track all day never working your way to the front and not racing any one as the other drivers that are racing crash out you will move up the standings. she was lapped when she started p16 on a restart.

She did work her way up. I think I saw a graphic where she was 7th at one point.

JMO but I think it would be counterintuitive to knowingly give DP poor parts (if they actually exist) as it would be sabotaging her and that does not make sense to me.
Usually they give Danica old chassis because the know she will most likely wreck anyway.

DF is right, she raced yesterday and passed cars before they crashed.
yes I never seen nothing like it, her and JJ put on a hell of a show for the win. in all the time they have shown her on tv have you seen her race side by side lap after lap with anyone up front?

What's wrong with her , she doesn't race Jimmie Johnson for the win? No guts , no glory . Race for the win woman!
dude take a pill. what a our you going for a NOW membership? what do you see her doing in nascar?

Don't you be hating on my girl now......:D

yes I never seen nothing like it, her and JJ put on a hell of a show for the win. in all the time they have shown her on tv have you seen her race side by side lap after lap with anyone up front?

Hater hater hater. If you can't say glowing things about DP you are a hater.

:XXROFL::bleh:

Back
Top Bottom