Petty & Hornish

" Petty said. "Talking to the Penske people, they thought they raced him into a little too quick. Going back and watching him, how he's matured, he's settled down and he's old enough that he knows what he wants and what he can do, and that's going to be a big plus for us."

No one has said this but I think Roger may be helping a bit along the way.

" Petty said. "Talking to the Penske people, they thought they raced him into a little too quick. Going back and watching him, how he's matured, he's settled down and he's old enough that he knows what he wants and what he can do, and that's going to be a big plus for us."

No one has said this but I think Roger may be helping a bit along the way.

Rodger and Ford. Do you think They both liked seeing Hornish in a Toyota for 8 races last year. Rodger has said he would do what he could to get Hornish back to cup. I think he was a man of his word, I still don't like what he did with the NNS program last year outing Hornish, but maybe this was Rodger's way of making it up to Hornish.

Rodger and Ford. Do you think They both liked seeing Hornish in a Toyota for 8 races last year. Rodger has said he would do what he could to get Hornish back to cup. I think he was a man of his word, I still don't like what he did with the NNS program last year outing Hornish, but maybe this was Rodger's way of making it up to Hornish.

Roger is a business man ( the richest in Nascar) But I doubt he is going to race a car from his pocket and he can only direct so much sponsor money from his many companies. Running in Xfinity is for the small people. Small investment but also small rewards.

I can see Hornish jumping into a Team Penske used car now and then as a way of helping both Petty and Hornish.

If someone was to say Petty hired Hornish because Roger asked him to, I could believe that.

Roger is a business man ( the richest in Nascar) But I doubt he is going to race a car from his pocket and he can only direct so much sponsor money from his many companies. Running in Xfinity is for the small people. Small investment but also small rewards.

I can see Hornish jumping into a Team Penske used car now and then as a way of helping both Petty and Hornish.

If someone was to say Petty hired Hornish because Roger asked him to, I could believe that.

My feelings about what happened with Hornish in NNS isn't that I feel Rodger screwed him, but that Rodger catered his one ride to his Cup drivers. I keep hearing the sponsorship to be blamed for that, but I don't buy it. I firmly believe that Rodger has a great enough relationship with Discount Tire that if he told them he was going to run for the NNS title with either Blaney or Hornish in the 22 that Discount would agree. However, I think Rodger would rather cater to his Cup drivers and make them happy then do what was right. Also for the record, I felt if Rodger was going to run one car full time for the title it should have been Blaney in the car, not Hornish.

Just hope the finger of blame isn't pointed at him if Petty goes south.

My feelings about what happened with Hornish in NNS isn't that I feel Rodger screwed him, but that Rodger catered his one ride to his Cup drivers. I keep hearing the sponsorship to be blamed for that, but I don't buy it. I firmly believe that Rodger has a great enough relationship with Discount Tire that if he told them he was going to run for the NNS title with either Blaney or Hornish in the 22 that Discount would agree. However, I think Rodger would rather cater to his Cup drivers and make them happy then do what was right. Also for the record, I felt if Rodger was going to run one car full time for the title it should have been Blaney in the car, not Hornish.

Sorry, I am not getting the drift of what your trying to say in your post. Blaney and Hornish where never team mates so I don't know why your comparing them??

When Brad was driving for Junior, he was the top (NNW only) car, he got beat out of his championship by Kyle and Carl, both driving Cup team cars.
Junior's NNW team at that time didn't have the resources to compete. When Brad signed on to Penske it was only fare that he could run against the best with his cup resources which he did and he did win the championship. Brad also went on to win the Cup championship which really vindicated him becasue the guys that tried to wreck him, Carl and Denny have never won a cup championship.

I'll say it again, Roger is in the game to make money, if he can make champions along the way good for him.

Sorry, I am not getting the drift of what your trying to say in your post. Blaney and Hornish where never team mates so I don't know why your comparing them??

When Brad was driving for Junior, he was the top (NNW only) car, he got beat out of his championship by Kyle and Carl, both driving Cup team cars.
Junior's NNW team at that time didn't have the resources to compete. When Brad signed on to Penske it was only fare that he could run against the best with his cup resources which he did and he did win the championship. Brad also went on to win the Cup championship which really vindicated him becasue the guys that tried to wreck him, Carl and Denny have never won a cup championship.

I'll say it again, Roger is in the game to make money, if he can make champions along the way good for him.

For someone who is a Penske fan, you don't know their history much, and yeah my comment totally flew over your head.

Feelings and facts are two different things. Hornish told all who would listen after his recent finishes in Nationwide the he didn't want to be in Nationwide but in cup.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mo...ooking-for-a-ride-along-with-series-title.ece
He lost his full-time Cup ride with Penske after putting up only eight top-10s with no victories from 2008-10. Hornish dropped to the Nationwide level last season and found his niche.
“It’s not to my liking,” Hornish said. “On the other hand, I understand. I’ve been in this sport long enough to know what’s going on. There are more drivers than seats.

“I want to race next year, and I want to put myself into a good position to further my career. I’m doing everything I can to make that happen.”

That includes touching base with as many teams as possible. The first question often is, “Do you have a sponsor?” Penske has hinted at bringing back Hornish for a Nationwide schedule next year, if he can drum up a sponsor.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...s-forward-to-new-start-with-joe-gibbs-racing/
Hornish, however, was essentially laid-off from Penske Racing when enough sponsorship dollars couldn’t be found to keep his NNS team going for 2014.
While Hornish could have stayed on with Penske in a different capacity, perhaps as a test driver or another role, when the JGR offer came up, he had to take it.

“I told Roger from the get-go that I was going to do this,” Hornish said. “I told him, ‘I hope you understand where I’m at and all those things.’ After we had an opportunity to talk about it, I feel like he felt much better about it.”

**Looks like he changed his mind about a top 15 cup team going with Petty. Hornish has never been close to a top 15 driver in cup...closer to top 30

“I want to go Cup racing in the future, but I’m only going to do that if I think that it’s with an organization I can run in the top-15 regularly. That means I want to do it with someone I can hopefully get into the Chase with. There are a lot of things that can bias that, but I know that being with an organization like JGR that has great sponsors that tend to be on the car year in and year out, to be with a company like Monster Energy and what they’re brand is … this is the right place for me.”

Ryan Blaney was a team mate of Sam Hornish? When? where?

Well there was 2012 & 2013 when Blaney was a part timer in the 22 car in NNS. The same time Hornish was in the 12. Plus Blaney being a Penske development driver. But, maybe your definition of teammate is different.

Well there was 2012 & 2013 when Blaney was a part timer in the 22 car in NNS. The same time Hornish was in the 12. Plus Blaney being a Penske development driver. But, maybe your definition of teammate is different.

Wasn't thinking along those lines that's for sure. I don't remember Blaney driving in a Penske car same time as Hornish. But then there is lots I don't remember lately. That must have been a couple years back.

Back
Top Bottom