Phoenix - Quicken Loans Race For Heroes 500 - Pre Race Thread

I'm pumped about this race. Phoenix is my favorite track and want to go there so bad.

Brand-spanking-new chassis for the 24 this weekend. Makes sense with that spiffy paint job, I guess.

B1w7S-kCAAEkNER.jpg:large

I've been practicing for a race at Phoenix on iRacing with the Gen 6 and man these drivers make this track look easy. It's tough to be fast without wrecking and it's the virtual version!

Thats the one he busted his ankle up in, right?

This week

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon7/2
Joey Logano4/1
Denny Hamlin9/2
Ryan Newman9/2
Kevin Harvick5/1
Matt Kenseth15/2
Carl Edwards10/1
Brad Keselowski12/1

Last week:
ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon2/1
Joey Logano3/1
Brad Keselowski6/1
Kevin Harvick6/1
Matt Kenseth6/1
Denny Hamlin10/1
Ryan Newman10/1
Carl Edwards60/1

My my make up your minds will ya.:blink:

All bout that hot hand :D

Thats the one he busted his ankle up in, right?

don't know. was a google image search (not quite as good as what mr. gregory provides!). from a road Atlanta test. think it might have been a jimmie twit.

to be honest, every nascar team ought to be take a page from the dirt track racers. when those guys head to the 1/4 mile tracks they stiffen up those front and rear bumper supports!!!

Last edited:
don't know. was a google image search (not quite as good as what mr. gregory provides!). from a road Atlanta test. think it might have been a jimmie twit.

to be honest, every nascar team ought to be take a page from the dirt track racers. when those guys head to the 1/4 mile tracks they stiffen up those front and rear bumper supports!!!
Nascar drivers sharpen up the side skirts. :rolleyes:

I could dig it. I'd have to stay away from anything sports related for the next week, but it would be cool to see.

In her companys back yard...it would be...to use my 14 yr old daughters term, 12 kinds of awesome

The 1pm, 4:30pm, & 7:45pm press conferences should be an interesting watch this week. I'm just sayin.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7:

ON TRACK
-- noon-1:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30-3 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:10-4:20 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 6:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 150 (150 laps, 150 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 11:15 a.m.: Kyle Larson
-- 11:30 a.m.: Aric Almirola
-- noon: Joey Logano
-- 12:15 p.m.: Ryan Newman
-- 12:30 p.m.: Matt Kenseth
-- 12:45 p.m.: Jimmie Johnson
-- 1 p.m.: Kevin Harvick
-- 3:15 p.m.: Carl Edwards
-- 4:30 p.m.: Jeff Gordon
-- 7:45 p.m.: NSCS Post Qualifying Press Conference, plus Brad Keselowski (if not in top three)
-- 10:45 p.m.: NCWTS Post Race Press Conference

GARAGECAM PRESENTED BY MOBIL 1 (Watch live)
-- 11:30 a.m.: Nationwide Series
-- 1 p.m.: Sprint Cup Series

Reminder..... There will be some good stuff today.

-- 7:45 p.m.: NSCS Post Qualifying Press Conference, plus Brad Keselowski (if not in top three)

@MartySmithESPN

Joey Logano said he plans to “roll with the punches” this weekend. Then grinned, and said “that came out wrong. Go with the flow.”

Reminder..... There will be some good stuff today.

Thanks for the heads up. You can sure gain some good info and insight into what these guys are thinking and how these cars are racing.

Interesting stuff! Gotta wait 2 hours now for Edwards?!

Back
Top Bottom